MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
Sign in to follow this  
Edwin Yii

Air India

Air India to spread wings to Seoul, Singapore and Kuala Lumpur

New international flights by Air India using new aircraft

BY OUR AVIATION CORRESPONDENT

7 June, 2005: Air India plans to use three new aircraft in its kitty for a link to Seoul and to introduce nonstop flights in the Delhi-Kuala Lumpur, Mumbai-Singapore and Mumbai-Kuala-Lumpur sectors. This forms part of the state-run carrier’s ambitious expansion plans in international routes.

Air India’s Seoul service would be from Mumbai, via Delhi and Honk Kong. It would operate four times a week. A-I also plans three non-stop services each from Mumai and Delhi to Kula Lumpur as well as four services between Mumbai and Singapore.

Air India is also eyeing more aircraft on lease for Air India and Air India Express, the low cost airline linking Kerala to Gulf countries. Air India reportedly has plans to increase its fleet to around 90 air-craft in 5 years.

The low cost airline war had been brewing in the country ever since Air Deccan started operations more than a year back. Air Deccan has been offering dirt-cheap prices in domestic routes.

Air India followed suit to cash in on the heavy traffic from Kerala to Gulf countries, with its Air India Express. According to Air India CMD Thulasidas Air India Express’ load factor is 95 per cent. Another four aircraft would be deployed for Air India Express next year.The state-run carrier had announced plans to off-load its stake through an IPO this year itself. It is to appoint an advisor for its IPO soon.

Earlier today, the no-frills low cost airline Air Deccan had announced plans for off-loading its stake to raise around $300 million to fund its ambitious expansion plans. The country’s largest private carrier, Jet Airways, had come out with a mega IPO earlier this year.

Guest Fendy

i thought AI already operate DEL to KUL? where is the current service to then? BOM?

i thought AI already operate DEL to KUL? where is the current service to then? BOM?

2238[/snapback]

Yeah, I thought so too.

Sign in to follow this