MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
flee

Airbus Reveals A320 NEO

Twin Towers featured on second test XLR - highlighting KUL-SYD route.

f-wwbz-airbus-industrie-airbus-a321-271n

Edited by flee

22 hours ago, kandiah k said:

Interesting for Malaysian carriers to operate narrow-body aircraft on a 8+ hours flight

I am not sure if AirAsia X still command the same following after their Group debacle in handling refunds for past 2.5 years, but based on pre-COVID19 figures, A321neoXLR can be useful for off season especially when the luggage demand isn't that great to Australian route. Perhaps they can use some for Brisbane and Adelaide route, leaving the smaller A330neo fleet to do longer or heavier int'l route to Hawaii, Japan, NZ, Turkey and UAE

On 10/18/2022 at 9:12 AM, JuliusWong said:

I am not sure if AirAsia X still command the same following after their Group debacle in handling refunds for past 2.5 years, but based on pre-COVID19 figures, A321neoXLR can be useful for off season especially when the luggage demand isn't that great to Australian route. Perhaps they can use some for Brisbane and Adelaide route, leaving the smaller A330neo fleet to do longer or heavier int'l route to Hawaii, Japan, NZ, Turkey and UAE

Seeing that D7 is now operating to AKL via SYD (instead of OOL), it could also be used on KUL-SYD-AKL!

I don't see D7 using it on the KUL-SYD route though - their new focus on routes that have good cargo traffic will probably mean SYD will be a widebody route.

Yes, D7 has lost a lot of goodwill with their refund debacle. It is good that Mavcom has now stepped in with the rule that airlines must make refunds using the same mode of payment as the original transaction.