MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
Sign in to follow this  
Adam Amir

whats the probability of MAS recruiting cadets for 2011?

Im taking my SPM this year (wish me luck! :) ) and i was wondering if there would be any openings next year, i know chances are slim but might as well giv i t a try if theres any

If you really want to fly, you will try regardless of the probability of MAS recruiting cadets for 2011 right??

erm, i mean, are they giving out scholarships? if they're not, then im going into a different field, i dont think i'd dare gamble a few hundred thousand and then come out of flying school with no job

erm, i mean, are they giving out scholarships? if they're not, then im going into a different field, i dont think i'd dare gamble a few hundred thousand and then come out of flying school with no job

In that case I suggest you work on going to a different field. If they give out sponsorship, well and good. If not, you got your other field to fall back to.

Give it a shot, more opportunities coming in in the years to come. Its either gamble or tremble.... =)

hahah, that one surely my parents dun allow. but an interesting option tho...

Joining the airforce doesn't necessarily means you'll be flying the MIGs and F-18s. But bearing in mind if you manage to get into the airforce your career in aviation is set for life.

same like me :D

can't join in any cadet program but received a letter from DCA for a private cadet.

but it cost me approx RM250k .

so i chose a different field but in the same industry .

based on my spirit of "aviation is my passion", i am now taking a diploma in aviation management . ;)

so far this diploma is quite happening and it is suite for me .

anyway, good luck for you !! .

same like me :D

can't join in any cadet program but received a letter from DCA for a private cadet.

but it cost me approx RM250k .

so i chose a different field but in the same industry .

based on my spirit of "aviation is my passion", i am now taking a diploma in aviation management . ;)

so far this diploma is quite happening and it is suite for me .

anyway, good luck for you !! .

yeah, 250k and no certainty u'll get a job after rite?

good to hear that! im planning to get a stable job, then get a private pilot's license. i think flying single prop planes will be good enough for me :p

yeah, 250k and no certainty u'll get a job after rite?

good to hear that! im planning to get a stable job, then get a private pilot's license. i think flying single prop planes will be good enough for me :p

Single prop planes are fun to fly! I enjoy piston engine flying far more than big jets flying. Big jets are machine-operating... fly with knobs and buttons.

Single prop planes are fun to fly! I enjoy piston engine flying far more than big jets flying. Big jets are machine-operating... fly with knobs and buttons.

but then again, u can fly higher, faster, further, and got ppl serve u peanuts :yahoo:

how much do u have to pay for PPL btw? Last time i went to royal selangor flying club, if not mistaken it was 20k? im not very sure anymore, can anyone tell me?

but then again, u can fly higher, faster, further, and got ppl serve u peanuts :yahoo:

how much do u have to pay for PPL btw? Last time i went to royal selangor flying club, if not mistaken it was 20k? im not very sure anymore, can anyone tell me?

Why do you need to fly high and fast and far? You in a hurry to go somewhere? Up there the autopilot is doing the flying and you're monitoring the instruments. Flying single prop and visual is the fun way of flying.

By the way I don't have a PPL. I have a CPL/IR, so I don't know how much it cost to get a PPL. When it comes to PPL it depends on whether you are looking at PPL-R or PPL-A. Very different pricing.

IMHO, what you need is a firm thought of what career you wanted to be.

If commercial pilot it is, and MH opening up its recruitment program,work your way by any possible mean to archive that goal.

Insya-Allah the scholarship are waiting for you.

That is what I'm doing right now.

Wishing u and also me, Good Luck in SPM tomorrow! :)

IMHO, what you need is a firm thought of what career you wanted to be.

If commercial pilot it is, and MH opening up its recruitment program,work your way by any possible mean to archive that goal.

Insya-Allah the scholarship are waiting for you.

That is what I'm doing right now.

Wishing u and also me, Good Luck in SPM tomorrow! :)

my mind is set on something other than aviation, but if MAS giving scholarship next year, then i'll probably take it.

All the best bro! :D

Why do you need to fly high and fast and far? You in a hurry to go somewhere? Up there the autopilot is doing the flying and you're monitoring the instruments. Flying single prop and visual is the fun way of flying.

By the way I don't have a PPL. I have a CPL/IR, so I don't know how much it cost to get a PPL. When it comes to PPL it depends on whether you are looking at PPL-R or PPL-A. Very different pricing.

hmmm, whats the differnce between those PPL's? and can u give a rough estimate on the cost?

hmmm, whats the differnce between those PPL's? and can u give a rough estimate on the cost?

I'm not sure. Better ring up some flying clubs and ask.

Asslamualaikum and very good day evryone!

Adam, good luck on your SPM and we wish u all the very best. If u're building your way in becoming a commercial pilot, by all means, go ahead! Do bear in mind that, not only MAS are taking fresh SPM students as cadets, do take a look at any other airlines as well. Broad out your options. In'Allah, you will be one someday! :D

PPL-A is for Airplanes, while PPL-R is for Rotor wings(Helicopter).

Most probably they will open up their cadet pilot program again in 2011 as Asian airlines have started to recruit again.Next month there will be a Cathay pacific cadet pilot interview for Malaysians in Kuala lumpur and Jetstar Asia as well as Air Asia has just open up their cadet pilot program.You can see more for details at http://flygosh.blogspot.com/

Edited by AndyYcw

hello..

i've finished spm dis year.

so i wanna ask to any PILOT here..

about scholars???

Hye there, n congrats for finishing ur SPM..

If u are really interested in flying, I'll suggest u to browse n go through everything waht people have been discussing over the years.......

By doing that, most of ur general question will get answered since everyone face same kind of situation when they start..

U will then realised that aviation offers u tons of problems, I can assure u that..

But if u have enough enthusiasm, welcome aboard! :lol:

Sign in to follow this