MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
Sign in to follow this  
Li Ren

Airfares is different if you book for 1 or >1

Made a dummy booking for KUL-TPE and found out that the airfares for =1 or >1 are different. Anyone know why? :sorry:

cheap.jpg

For one passenger, the return airfares is RM824 + RM824

======================================================================================

expensive.jpg

For >1 passenger,the return airfares is RM997 + RM997..

Edited by Li Ren

Yes that is correct, its always easier to book for 1 pax. If they do not have 3 seats at the same fare, they will always quote the next fare that has 3 seats priced at the same amount.

yeap, one of the tricks during 0 fare also . You get better chances of getting 3 0 fares and 1 paying fare if you book them one by one. If you just take 4 sometimes you might end up paying 4 non 0 fares, missed the 0 fare. I've done this many times, i notice sometime they trick you into buying the more expensive ticket when you book 4 at once, if you buy 1 by one chances are you might get a cheaper fare.

EDIT: I just reread, i got confused reading my own post. Hope you get what i mean hehe. Enjoy TPE!

Edited by Walter Sim

yeap, one of the tricks during 0 fare also . You get better chances of getting 3 0 fares and 1 paying fare if you book them one by one. If you just take 4 sometimes you might end up paying 4 non 0 fares, missed the 0 fare. I've done this many times, i notice sometime they trick you into buying the more expensive ticket when you book 4 at once, if you buy 1 by one chances are you might get a cheaper fare.

EDIT: I just reread, i got confused reading my own post. Hope you get what i mean hehe. Enjoy TPE!

No worry Walter..I got what you mean. :drinks:

Conclusion: Tell your friends to book themselves for 0 fares etc

But booking individually has a disadvantage - you cannot pool your luggage weight allowance. Each pax has his/her own allowance and unused allowance cannot be transferred. If you had bought 3 tickets under the same PRN, then the total allowance is given regardless of how many bags you check in. Of course, if you don't check in luggage, this disadvantage is not important to you.

Buying individual PNRs on LCCs might be to your advantage as flee has explained. But for full service carriers, more often than not you'll have a 'discount' for buying more than 1 pax in one booking.

This is known within the industry as 'GV' discounts. GV2 fare denotes "must travel in 2" while GV4 is for group of 4 and so on. It is widely practised although not necessarily shouted out. Travel agents usually will have a full view of GV promotions from GV2 all the way to GV10.

Most full svc carriers practise these, sometimes even in the internet engine. But the next time you shop for more than 1, call your travel agent or airline callcenter and ask if there's any GV2/GV4 promotions currently ran.

Sign in to follow this