MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
Sri Ramani K.

9M-MXA's Homecoming!

WHAAAAT? THE LEGEND WAS IN SZB BUT KEPT QUIET ALL THE WHILE??? :blink:

Bro, just go back not long ago and needed time to sort out the photos. :p

He was there afterall!!

Eddie no offence, still they look like bus seats haha.. and don't you know humans love to complain? :p

Seats ok or not? But the ceiling is nice and finally AVOD on narrowbody.....

1Nov2010_MXA_1a.jpg

1Nov2010_MXA_2a.jpg

1Nov2010_MXA_3a.jpg

1Nov2010_MXA_4a.jpg

1Nov2010_MXA_5a.jpg

1Nov2010_MXA_6a.jpg

1Nov2010_MXA_7a.jpg

1Nov2010_MXA_8a.jpg

Thanks everyone for contributing! Really enjoy the interior shots.

Wonder if they'll go leather for A380 and A330 as well?

Thanks a lot, guys, for your contributions !!! :good:

I, personally, like the NG Sky Interior, especially the roofing; good, MH abolished the Smarties interior... :good:

I doubt, though, if these Y-seats will be comfortable for a KUL-PER or BKI-HND flight... :sorry:

Still think, these new MH colours look more Pilipino than Malaysian to me... :o

No cup holder at the new tray table.

I think providing a cup holder is quite basic. Now that the pitch is smaller, a cup holder can save someone from opening up the whole tray table just to put a glass of water, thus reducing his/her personal space.

Azahan fantastic shots there of the Cabin. Looks bloody good and I LIKE IT!

keep them shots coming guys. :drinks:

great shot guys !

too bad MH didn't take the chance to set a new standard though. I see the "simplicity" aka cheapness in the new livery now, blue in front and red at the back to match the cabin :nea:

and those seat dividers in C looks like they came from a 90's Mercedes. Plain bulkheads, unchanged toilet ...

why couldn't they keep with the old batik/floral style that fits in with the Malaysian identity ?

Azahan, some great shots you got (was it taken in the hanger?)! :clapping:

Did you manage to shoot any cockpit shots too?

It looks like the access to the emergency exit is very good one one of the rows, as shown on the pix.

WHAAAAT? THE LEGEND WAS IN SZB BUT KEPT QUIET ALL THE WHILE??? :blink:

Hahaha, yeah he was busy enjoying his "holiday" with his coconut drink! ;)

MAS soars to new heights

SUBANG: Malaysia Airlines is set to become the first full-service airline in the world to operate the B737-800 with the new Boeing Sky Interior.

The interior design is similar to that installed in the B787 Dreamliner and features the use of mood lighting to enhance passenger comfort.

Other improvements include a higher ceiling, larger windows, leather seats, touch-screen inflight entertainment units, individual power supply, bigger stowage bins and USB ports for electronics.

The aeroplane is listed at US$70mil (RM217mil) and can accommodate 16 seats in business class and 144 in economy class.

It will make its inaugural flight next Monday to MAS’ new eastern hub in Kota Kinabalu where it will be based, followed by a commercial flight to Haneda Airport in Tokyo, Japan.

“This is a refreshing product for customers. Its interior is different, it has better technology and is more environmentally-friendly,” MAS chairman Tan Sri Munir Majid told reporters after the first Boeing B737-800 touched down at the Sultan Abdul Aziz Shah airport here yesterday.

Also present at the event were MAS CEO Tengku Datuk Seri Azmil Zahruddin and the three pilots who flew the plane back from Seattle, USA.

The B737-800 project flight operations manager and lead pilot Capt Muhammad Affindy Abd Rahman said everything about the aircraft, including its livery, was designed to be more economical.

“It flies higher, faster and carries more cargo than older models but is more fuel-efficient.

“The livery was also chosen because it uses less paint, thus making the plane lighter.

Capt Muhammad Affindy said the pilots enjoyed flying the plane.

“It’s like driving a BMW,” he said.

MAS has ordered 54 more B737-800, in addition to 25 Airbus A330-300 and six A380 that will be delivered in stages to replace its older fleet.

Source: http://thestar.com.my/news/story.asp?file=/2010/11/2/nation/7342199&sec=nation

Great shots T.A! Impressed that almost all the shots were taken around 1/10. Do you have ultra-steady hands or you were shooting using a tripod/monopod? The first four pictures actually sums up the whole new interior!

The colours are like one of those old polymer leather sofa seats

Are you expecting to have the animal hide variety of leather fitted instead ?! :p

When they try to reduce cost by opting for easy-to-maintain seats so they can offer lower fares, .....

My guess is whatever savings envisaged through these leather seats will be more than 'compensated' by maintenance/repair costs of those LCD screens and control pads, very inviting pieces of inflight souvenirs :lol:

nice shots there Azahan~ love the UWA/distortion effect and it once again prove ur robotic dual-pod. 1/6secs. :good:

Glad to meet some of you guys in SZB. I recognized a few familiar faces who appeared in some of the group photos here before..

and Ian i was surprised that you could actually recognize me! Anyways I was the 'men-in-black' guy with Tajul. :drinks:

Spotting in black is defnitely a bad idea..as it was an impromptu one :lol:

and if anyone happens to pass by skypark today, the C-32B and our 9M-MXA are parked together there for the event with Hillary Clinton :good:

Seems like power plugs only for business pax, none seen on economy.. only usb :p , good enough for me :good: