MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
Sri Ramani K.

9M-MXA's Homecoming!

Thank you very much to Sri Ramani, Flee, Hon Kit and SherM for the homecoming coverage...

After looking to Hon Kit, that the only "proper" photo with true colour of Y seat...

From front, it not really smart but from back it look smart and elegance...

But colour of Y seat, not really attractive...hehehe

One question towards this complicated plate pictures...

Wonder why the owner is YAMASA AIRCRAFT MH3 KUMIAI?? Instead like Penerbangan Malaysia Berhad??

MH is 2nd tier lessor, is that right?

YAMASA is the financier of the aircraft. Just like your car, teh bank owns it until you finish payment

One last shot from me. I know some people don't like the new livery for the MH B738. IMHO, anything new is better than nothing. So its a breath of fresh air for me and I like these new colours. :)

Bon Voyage 9M-MXA and all those who fly in her! :clapping:

MalaysiaAirlines_9M-MXA_delivery_03[MW].jpg

YAMASA is the financier of the aircraft. Just like your car, teh bank owns it until you finish payment

I don't know much since I not study much in economic but just base on my understanding...

Is not under it stated

"Subject To First Priority Mortgage In Favour of

BNP Paribas, Singapore Brance"

Read for extra info relate to China Southern Airlines

BNP Paribas

never liked flash.

makes things look very unnatural.

I LIKE the classy Y seats. very modern (for MAS) and proper inseat IFEs!

its very warm and inviting. just hoping that its not warm during flights!

can share some tips to shoot interior shots with limited lighting without flash with us? i wish to learn also. :)

anyway, Welcome MXA homecoming~! can wait for 15/11

YAMASA is just the legal entity owning the plane. The financier seems to be BNP Paribas.

can share some tips to shoot interior shots with limited lighting without flash with us? i wish to learn also. :)

anyway, Welcome MXA homecoming~! can wait for 15/11

personally, i try to use the fastest shutter you can get without resorting to using the flash.

the slowest i would go would be 1/25. also, i use P as it is a bit more manageable than the green setting on your camera.

on another note, here's another video of the plane landing, thanks to @Mas and @nigelais

also more pictures of the IFE thanks to @nigelais too

http://twitpic.com/32vtha

you can see the USB port there. wonder if it includes iPod connectivity as well?

Edited by Sharil Abdul Rahman

Hon Kit, thanks for sharing. Really appreciate your photos. Good quality too.

From these photos, the cabin looks really spacious. Well done Boeing!

YAMASA is just the legal entity owning the plane. The financier seems to be BNP Paribas.

Aircraft financing can be very complicated and is determined by tax needs.

Yamasa may/may not have anything to do with aviation. However, if they pay off a loan, they can get tax write-offs for the loan payments. All arranged by BNP who probably provided them with the loan to buy the plane. So Yamasa is just a place to "park" the ownership.

If you need to know more, try googling "Japanese Tax Leasing".

Anyway, thanks very much for the great coverage, guys!

That video was taken by a very good videographer. Taken using Canon 550D with 24-105mm L. Very experience guy.

2 more to share.

76747_10150105943661959_801996958_7406469_3661749_n.jpg

72405_10150105945386959_801996958_7406497_6234197_n.jpg

Nice photo's .

Had the opportunity to join the MAS event but had to pull out due to an AOG . When you want to go for something you're dying for , thats when something comes up

Good coverage guys....

p/s: can anybody take photos of the fuel door....you'll be find a tag, which stated "MADE IN MALAYSIA"...

Bernama Report:

Malaysia Airlines Bhd today received the first B737-800, the latest generation aircraft which promises both economy and business class passengers a better travel experience.

Passengers will enjoy an in-flight entertainment system which will include audio and video on demand, roomier interior, better ambience, higher ceiling and mood lighting.

The national carrier has placed an order for 55 such aircraft with Boeing and would take delivery of three more by year-end, said managing director and chief executive officer Tengku Datuk Seri Azmil Zahruddin.

"We are proud to announce that we will be the first full service airline in the world to operate the B737-800 with the new Boeing Skyline Interior," he said at a press conference after taking delivery of the new B737-800 Aircraft at the Skypark Airport in Subang today.

The B737-800, with up to six hours flight time, left Boeing in Seattle, United States, on Oct 29 on a three-day multi-journey, stopping at Hawaii, Marshall Islands and Guam before arriving at Skypark, Subang.

The 160-seater aircraft sports a new dynamic livery with red and blue lines representing Malaysia Airlines' corporate colours.

"The dynamic livery epitomises our determined spirit to provide Malaysian hospitality to our passengers," he said.

MAS has also ordered twenty-five A330-300 and six A380 aircraft.

It is expected to take delivery of the first A330-300 aircraft next year.

From Flightglobal. More pix here: http://www.flightglobal.com/articles/2010/11/01/349155/pictures-mas-takes-delivery-of-first-737-800-with-sky-interior.html

Malaysia Airlines (MAS) has taken delivery of its first Boeing 737-800 with the airframer's new Sky Interior.

The aircraft, with MAS' new livery, landed in Subang today after a three-day multi-leg journey that began from Boeing Field in Seattle on 29 October.

It is the first of up to 55 737-800s that MAS has ordered. The airline is the first full-service carrier to operate the aircraft with the new interior.

Low-cost carrier FlyDubai was the first airline to take delivery of the aircraft with the new interior late last month.

Boeing's new interior is part of a package of improvements to the 737 family, which include a 2% fuel burn improvement and the updated CFM56-7BE engine.

"Guests in business and economy class will enjoy an in-flight entertainment system which offers audio and video on demand, a roomier interior, better ambience, higher ceilings and mood lighting," says MAS.

The 160-seater aircraft will fly from Kuala Lumpur to Kota Kinabalu on 15 November, followed by its first commercial flight from Kota Kinabalu to Tokyo Haneda on the same day, says the airline.

MAS' new 737 is painted in the carrier's new livery in the airline's corporate colours of red and blue. It expects to receive two more 737-800s this year.

The airline has ordered up to 55 737-800s, 25 A330-300s and six A380s.

Edited by flee

Great coverage guys!.. :good:

DSC_5785.jpg

The pakcik is being sandwiched between the 30" pitch burgundy seats... :D :D

very excited until i saw the anticlimatic seat colours, both in C and Y... dearie me, Y class looks like traditional barber chair colour coordination!.... whuhuhu....

Excellent shots Hon Kit! It seems the new J seats are having the same blue colour as the current F seats. Personally, I don't like it as it's not a pretty and classy looking colour. It also seems MH takes this blue (for J cabin) and red (for Y cabin) colours so seriously. It is dominant inside the aircraft (as per the cabins) and outside the aircraft (as per the new red and blue swoosh lines featured in the new livery).

Doesnt it occur to you that those seats look more like an express bus seats rather than a seat of an airplane?. The colours are like one of those old polymer leather sofa seats. Looks pretty thin for a seat too, I wonder if there's any comfort in those? Again, looks can be deceiving and I hope it is the latter.

Only one thing amaze me, the usb cable and the ife perhaps.. I'd just wear a sunglass and pretend i dont see the rest of the cabin :p

Here's my thoughts

1) On J seat BLUE colour, i think the BLUE tone they choose could have been better. The headrest should be some other colour instead of Blue

2) On Y seat RED colour, when viewed fr behind, it looks OK but when upfront it could have been either lighter or darker as this version of RED looks like some European LCC carrier...I think its Germanwings or something...

3) I still think Fabric is better than leather...they could have taken some lead fr Silkair where theier latest aircraft seat tone and colour is quite pleasing and inviting...

Hehehehe Cabin design looks nice Business Class looks :good: . But the Economy seems rather odd for the woody red scheme :mellow:. IFE on the other hand looks more clean and simple, but lol was expecting touchscreens on them... ah well. XD Wonder when will the the new A330-300 be ready.

personally, i try to use the fastest shutter you can get without resorting to using the flash.

the slowest i would go would be 1/25. also, i use P as it is a bit more manageable than the green setting on your camera.

well, pls let me know when u can overwrite the camera auto/semi-auto settings. :)

anyway, i'm appreciate on all of their contribution, flash or no flash. :) hope to see more soon~

The pakcik is being sandwiched between the 30" pitch burgundy seats... :D :D

"The pakcik" is Captain Kamaruddin Kamilin, General Manager forTraining Standards and Quality, Malaysia Airlines.

There were 3 pilots on board the flight: Captain Muhammad Affindy Abd Rahman, Flight Operation Manager, B737-800 Project; Captain Niazi Saif Ud Dean, Flight Operation Manager, Flight Safety Human Factors; and Captain Khairul Syukri Khalid, Authorized Examiner B737-800.

Edited by Radzi

Doesnt it occur to you that those seats look more like an express bus seats rather than a seat of an airplane?. The colours are like one of those old polymer leather sofa seats. Looks pretty thin for a seat too, I wonder if there's any comfort in those? Again, looks can be deceiving and I hope it is the latter.

Only one thing amaze me, the usb cable and the ife perhaps.. I'd just wear a sunglass and pretend i dont see the rest of the cabin tongue.gif

When they try to reduce cost by opting for easy-to-maintain seats so they can offer lower fares, you guys say it looks cheap like bus lah, like LCC la, if you guys don't complaint and pay for whatever fares they offer then you guys can demand for the sky and the moonla...my two cents worth!

Good coverage guys. :good:

Just to add 1 photo from my side.

Always like the coconut trees there that remind me of tropical paradise. B)

9mmxa2w.jpg