MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
Sri Ramani K.

9M-MXA's Homecoming!

It was unusual for me to go spotting in SZB, but today I decided to drive down to SZB (although a 140km drive to and fro) just to witness this special moment in Malaysia's history. It is a day for all Malaysians to be proud of irregardless of what has been said or done. I know we had many MW members covering from all areas and angles, and with such, I decided to open a dedicated topic just for this. I hope the mods would be okay as it is definitely a day to remember for all :)

9M-MXA was cleared to land at 1313hrs and did a touch and go, circled around and came back again to land. Gave us spotters not one, but two opportunities to shoot her. I was at the threshold area of RWY15 together with another member flee, and we had others scattered around all over SZB just to catch this special bird!

Just to start off with one first while I get the others edited and also others can share here too :)

9M-MXA-15-SZB-1.jpg

:yahoo: :yahoo:

Sri Ramani,

Good to see you again and fortunately we had the opportunity to do target practice before our VIP jet arrived. Here are a couple of shots from me to commemorate this event.

MalaysiaAirlines_9M-MXA_delivery_00[MW].jpg

MalaysiaAirlines_9M-MXA_delivery_01[MW].jpg

Continuing...

After the T&G, she came in again for the final phase of landing..

9M-MXA-15-SZB-2.jpg

We can all shrug off all our worries about dark bellies after this, as it'll look good in any weather! Considering the weather around SZB and KUL today, I still think she looks elegant and sweet! :good:

After exiting the active runway, she taxied back to the terminal before she was greeted by this..

9M-MXA-15-SZB-3.jpg

WATER CANON SALUTE! I was too far away, but this is the best I can share. I hope the "other" MW member who had VIP access will share some head on :rofl:

Looking forward to the rest from the rest! :drinks:

Nice job guys. So, sick leave or emergency leave? :p

Thanks Capt Radzi for alerting. It was great to meet up with you Flee since the last anniversary celebrations in SG. Now what I'm eagerly waiting is for Hon Kit's pictures... :yahoo:

Hi guys, so the plane will just be on testing until 15 Nov? That's 2 weeks without revenue flight.

9M-MXA kissing Malaysian soil for the first time.

dsc1628a.jpg

Spoilers deployed and full reverse! MXA coming to a full stop after a TAG.

dsc1659m.jpg

The water salute from my 'vantage point'.

dsc1673d.jpg

Good work Hon Kit!

I must admit, I am not too impressed with the seats. They don't look very inviting for pax. Hope that they are more comfortable than they look!

Those seats are actually very very comfortable. Ample leg room. Very much improved seat i must say. MUCH much more better than the 734 and AK 's seat.

Those seats are actually very very comfortable. Ample leg room. Very much improved seat i must say. MUCH much more better than the 734 and AK 's seat.

You must be joking! Really? So, you talking about the Y seats? The front seats of course have ample leg space.

Thank you very much to Sri Ramani, Flee, Hon Kit and SherM for the homecoming coverage...

After looking to Hon Kit, that the only "proper" photo with true colour of Y seat...

From front, it not really smart but from back it look smart and elegance...

But colour of Y seat, not really attractive...hehehe

One question towards this complicated plate pictures...

DSC_5751.jpg

Wonder why the owner is YAMASA AIRCRAFT MH3 KUMIAI?? Instead like Penerbangan Malaysia Berhad??

MH is 2nd tier lessor, is that right?

Edited by Ashmil Abd Ghani

Thanks for sharing.

Interior looks lovely (much better than their current ones).

Any toilet shots?

(How many toilets are there actually? Because I've heard cabin crew complaints about lack of toilets in some of the leased 738s)

Nice job guys. So, sick leave or emergency leave? :p

Hehehe. It is nice to have a non 9 to 5 job lah!

But I am lazy, just come out to shoot only "historic" events! ;)

Dint manage to get the toilet shots. They were in a rush chasing us off as they need to send the aircraft to the hangar to install the IFE.