MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
Pieter C.

MalaysianWings 6th Anniversary

MalaysianWings 6th Anniversary   

78 members have voted

1. 1. Where should MW 6th Anniversary be held ?

Sa'a,

Better reconfirm your schedule first :good: ; nanti yang dikejar tak dapat,yang dikendong keciciran (Later You'll gain one,but you lost one).

Hope to see you during the inaugural flight,if God permits! ;)

since the arrival date of FFF is uncertain, i think i maintain my original flt. the inaugural one. see u! :D

Nice to know not a single bad encounter with the bulis this time...... or is it?

Capt Radzi, we didn't meet any bulis as we parked our car at the Cowboy Town and walked to the 'ladang' in order to avoid attention of bulis..

Edited by Li Ren

Hi Folks,

Better late than never, on behalf of the "Vietnam delegation" I sincerely thank you all to make our spotting visit to Malaysia very friendly and fruitful (in terms of hundreds of aircraft pics taken). We are specially grateful for the best coordination from the great "ATC" host Chaity :good: , for Mr.&Mrs Norman's "catering service" with yummy chocolate cakes and for the graciously offered "ground service" from MIR, Victor, Hon kit, Yong and some more that we regretfully can't remember your names.

We look forward seeing you at our "spotting hub" SGN and at the next 7th anniversary of MalaysianWings. :drinks:

Let's browse some of my pics of our eventful day (some are backlit, sorry for the quality :sorry:)

#1 Muster point at KLIA Dep Terminal

MW6anniv_6.jpg

#2 Random shots of the MW group

MW6anniversary_2.jpg

MW6anniv_4.jpg

#3 Jumpa lagi Saddiah

MW6anniv_3.jpg

#4 Selamat Pagi Uncle Norman

Norman_3270.jpg

#5 Terima kasih Chaity

MW6anniv_5.jpg

#6 A330-200 Gulf Air

KUL250611_01.jpg

#7 B767-200 Air Zimbabwe

b762zwpe_3214.jpg

#8 A321 VN Airlines

321vna354KUL01.jpg

Thanks! Too bad I won't be able to make it if it is delayed as I will be going to SIN on 3 Jul... :(

flee, documentation problem solved. FFF departed seattle and arrives KUL as per scheduled. 1st July 2011 ETA 2pm LT. how i wish i could be there... :sorry:

Hi Folks,

Better late than never, on behalf of the "Vietnam delegation" I sincerely thank you all to make our spotting visit to Malaysia very friendly and fruitful (in terms of hundreds of aircraft pics taken). We are specially grateful for the best coordination from the great "ATC" host Chaity :good: , for Mr.&Mrs Norman's "catering service" with yummy chocolate cakes and for the graciously offered "ground service" from MIR, Victor, Hon kit, Yong and some more that we regretfully can't remember your names.

We look forward seeing you at our "spotting hub" SGN and at the next 7th anniversary of MalaysianWings. :drinks:

Let's browse some of my pics of our eventful day (some are backlit, sorry for the quality :sorry:)

whoaaaa your air zimbabwe is soooo big my laptop screen cant fit! :lol:

thanks for the photos! Hope to see u again! :)

flee, documentation problem solved. FFF departed seattle and arrives KUL as per scheduled. 1st July 2011 ETA 2pm LT. how i wish i could be there... :sorry:

Sa'a, so sorry to hear that you're going to miss the Foxtrot Foxtrot arrival.

Hi Folks,

You are most welcome Sir....hope to see you again soon...

DSC_0409-1.jpg

Here comes my sifu...

DSC_0335.jpg

From left, Wilson, Waiping, Chiaty, Kieth

DSC_0334.jpg

DSC_0320-1.jpg

DSC_0316-2.jpg

Spotters in action!

DSC_0510.jpg

Pieter is so special, Jon just can't stop staring at him

DSC_0507.jpg

"Ong, what is the next plane coming?"

DSC_0513-1.jpg

Taking a break

BSC_3981.jpg

BSC_4017.jpg

"Who are the Ah Mois flying with me on 15th July to Sibu?"......

Edited by Simon

Cooling down before dinner...

055Rest.jpg

056rest2.jpg

Dinner time and Yam Seng (Cheers) chaired by HRH Emperor Kong...

059meeting.jpg

061group.jpg

060group.jpg

057yamseng.jpg

058makan.jpg

063yamseng.jpg

062Group.jpg

Everyone getting ready for the shot...Some directing...Some looks blur blur...But everyone is HAPPY!!!

065GroupShot.jpg

066Group.jpg

Chaity "accidently" switched off the lights when blowing candles...

067nolight.jpg

Cake time...Capt Sakai's looks makes him wanna eat the whole cake!!!

068cutcake.jpg

Everyone had their cakes...full and content...BBBUUUURRRRPPPPPP

069burp.jpg

Till we meet again next year...

Original photo by Uncle Norman.

MW6-4002BOS.jpg

As expected every year, Pieter will transform into a red lobster and attacking the "Tiger" :lol:

mw10.jpg

One is not enough for Ah Kong Kong :p

mw12.jpg

Reps from different airlines from left to right B)

KAL, KLM, JAL & AKK --------> (Ah Kong Kong) :rofl:

mw13.jpg

Edited by Chaity

Missed it again, good weather, runway 14 in use, so many spotters...

I was away in Japan.

I hope i can make it next time.

Cheers to all...(where's my beer...?)

MW is 6 years old, wow.

MW is 6 years young now.

Soon, can start doing a poll to see where to hold the 7th Anniversary.

KC Sim

MW is 6 years young now.

Soon, can start doing a poll to see where to hold the 7th Anniversary.

KC Sim

Some members suggested to me it should be a domestic-foreign sequence, to cater/show our foreign membership too; last year SIN, this year KUL, next year SGN/BKK (?), the year thereafter Malaysia again ?

Please, give me your opinion... :help:

Some members suggested to me it should be a domestic-foreign sequence, to cater/show our foreign membership too; last year SIN, this year KUL, next year SGN/BKK (?), the year thereafter Malaysia again ?

Please, give me your opinion... :help:

I would suggest BKK.

There is a possibility that MH's first A380 would arrive next June.

On the second day 26/6/11, small group of MWings members was relaxing in SZB. :rolleyes:

Morning arrival of our friends :yahoo:

mw18.jpg

Hon Kit with his spotting uniform :p

mw17.jpg

Quiet on a Sunday morning in SZB. Good time to chat and enjoy the fresh air. B)

mw14.jpg

Group photo for the day minus Uncle Vu Loc spotting alone in another location.

mw15.jpg

With a smart phone in his pocket, Hon Kit is listening to his smart DSLR for ATC :rofl:

mw16.jpg

See you guys again ! :drinks:

Bangkok would be a top-rate aviation spotting and photographing venue for the 7th Anniversary of Malaysianwings.

I have just returned from four days there and I am absolutely thrilled with my catch ... and as much as I have already shot, I am more keen than ever before to return. If the numbers signing up for the anniversary celebrations in June 2012, we might be able to book a good portion of the rooms in the Queens Garden Resort and turn the roof-top into the party venue from morning to night.

With runway 19 in use at this time of the year, I am certain we will be able to use the time there most productively. The following list is merely a small portion of what I shot in BKK over four days :

B767 of El Al, Aerosvit, Aeroflot, Business Air, ANA, ANA Cargo, Air Madagascar, Kenya Airways, Ethiopian Airlines,

B772 of Air Austral, Austrian Airlines, Thai, SQ, Air France

B773ER of Thai, Emirates, Etihad, EVA Air, CX, QR,

B757 of iFly, Nordwind, Air Astana

B747-300 of Orient Thai

A343 of Turkish, SriLankan, Kuwait, SAS, SWISS, Philippine,

A300-600 of Mahan Air,

A332 of Hong Kong Airlines, Egyptair, Air Berlin, Gulf Air, Royal Jordanian, SriLankan, Oman Air,

A333 of Finnair, CX, Philippine,

A319 of Druk Air, Kingfisher, Royal Brunei,

ATR72 of BKK Airways, Lao Airlines, Royal Thai Air Force

A380 of Emirates

... and the following freighters : Saudi Cargo MD-11F, EVA Cargo MD-11F, Hong Kong Airlines A332F, SIA Cargo B747-400BCF, Korean Cargo B744BCF, NCA B744F, Thai Cargo B772LRF, Shanghai Cargo MD-11F ...

... plus all the aircraft types operated by Thai Airways International (perhaps with the exception of the A345 which I did not see at all).

There is probably something for everybody when spotting at BKK. And once again, confirming the venue early along with the dates would facilitate early hotel and flight bookings, leave allocation for those who need to seek leave from employers and from Minister of HOME Affairs.

KC Sim

Perhaps for the 7th anniversary, we should have an "organising committee" to coordinate the whole thing. That way, we can do things like book hotels in a more organised manner so that we can get what we need at reasonable prices. The more we save on these, the more spare cash we have on other items. :)

Folks:

I think that for MW Vietnamese members we'll be pleased that the next MW anniversary venue is BKK (Suvarnabhumi and Don Muong). Just for the sake of travelling abroad by air :lol:

So, like Flee and KC Sim's comments, make our mind soon and Prompong will take care of the program :yahoo:

#1 A good sign during the Anniversary day:

This bird made an aerobatic show for us during a low traffic break

KUL110625_bird1.jpg

I get lucky on the 2nd day at Subang:

#2 head close-up

727weststar01.jpg

#3 Rotate

Subang_weststar.jpg

#4 Gear-up

Subang005.jpg

My sincere thanks to MW organizers. :good: