MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
Sign in to follow this  
alberttky

Flying club in Kuching

Dear fellow forummers,

Wanna seek your views. If a flying club is to be set up in Kuching to teach PPL®, what do you think the take up rate will be?

Dear fellow forummers,

Wanna seek your views. If a flying club is to be set up in Kuching to teach PPL®, what do you think the take up rate will be?

Hi Albert, there's no flying club in kch at the moment. Are you going to conduct? hehe :lol:

Hi Albert, there's no flying club in kch at the moment. Are you going to conduct? hehe :lol:

Can be looked into if there's a strong demand for it. :good:

Close to none. Just quote someone an hour rental, fuel price and landing fee ... I think they'll be comparing how much kampua/laksa they're able to get with that money !

And if there are people rich/free enough to go for a private PPL , they could get GGIFA from Bintulu to come everyweek or so and pick them up :p Or rather, they will already have licenses from Aust/NZ which I heard is a hotspot for M'sians to do their lessons.

i remember there used to be one (or two?) flying club in Kuching before. ceased operating though :sorry:

Close to none. Just quote someone an hour rental, fuel price and landing fee ... I think they'll be comparing how much kampua/laksa they're able to get with that money !

And if there are people rich/free enough to go for a private PPL , they could get GGIFA from Bintulu to come everyweek or so and pick them up :p Or rather, they will already have licenses from Aust/NZ which I heard is a hotspot for M'sians to do their lessons.

I'm not targeting those that will compare against kampua/laksa. If they compare, they're not into flying. Rather I'm targeting those that do not want to go to GGIFA / Australia / NZ and can't spare to go off for months at one shot to learn flying. I'm sure I can find some.

I'm not targeting those that will compare against kampua/laksa. If they compare, they're not into flying. Rather I'm targeting those that do not want to go to GGIFA / Australia / NZ and can't spare to go off for months at one shot to learn flying. I'm sure I can find some.

Those who are rich, won't be free enough. And those who are free, won't be rich enough :pardon:

I'm certain there are a couple of people in KCH willing to do this, but will it be enough to sustain the club & maintain your planes ?

Those who are rich, won't be free enough. And those who are free, won't be rich enough :pardon:

I'm certain there are a couple of people in KCH willing to do this, but will it be enough to sustain the club & maintain your planes ?

That's why I want to get some indications... through forums, and talking to people. The thought is still in the infancy stage. It may or may not work. But club or not, I will get more people flying here. That's my mission.

Albert, All the best to yo. I really hope this flying club of yours becomes reality. I'll be your first customer.

Albert, All the best to yo. I really hope this flying club of yours becomes reality. I'll be your first customer.

Thanks Aaron. I'll work towards it.

I want to be 2nd :) let me know if u need help :drinks:

Sure Lee. I'll work on my instructor rating first then find an aircraft. Then we'll go flying.

Sure Lee. I'll work on my instructor rating first then find an aircraft. Then we'll go flying.

Support from BKI as well...Good luck best wishes Albert :clapping:

Edited by aaronhiew

Support from BKI as well...Good luck best wishes Albert :clapping:

Thanks Aaron! This side of Malaysia is huge and it's just a plane pity that we're not taking advantage of the big space for general aviation. Let's change it! :good:

just do it…i am sure you will succeed provided you believe in yourself...

Thanks Norhisham for the vote of confidence. I'm slowly working on it.

I was 12 when you all started this discussion ...Im 22 and currently doing my ppl at a club in subang...I wished you would have started the club...at least I can fly in kuching during PKP heheh...but hey...if you are ever thinking of starting a club, hit me up, i believe I can provide exposure to young aviators in kuching to join the club. I believe there is a demand...but the key is affiliation with other clubs to stay afloat 😊

Sign in to follow this