MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
Sign in to follow this  
Prestley Shim

Kuching International Airport Spotting Location

Hi, people. I'm sure this thread will help people especially for those who are new to spotting in Kuching. So, to all those usual KCH spotters or to anyone who knows the directions to a good spotting location, please post directions to them here. Thank you.

Yesterday, I went to the airport to catch a glimpse of the 747 flight to Jeddah but got lost. Eventually, I ended up behind the Air Force Base and I couldn't get a very good view of the runway and the tarmac.

Heading to the airport. AirAsia staff in front of us

DSC03049-1.jpg

On the road going to Hornbill Skyways and VIP area. Tiger A319 departing.

DSC03050-1.jpg

The runway elevation is very high, so only got these...

DSC03051-1.jpg

DSC03052-1.jpg

This is the road behind the Air Force Base. End of the road...

DSC03053-1.jpg

While leaving the area saw this rotating]

DSC03054-1.jpg

This is the highest point i can get on foot. There's a rainbow

DSC03057-1.jpg

What's this for? Looks abandoned

DSC03058-1.jpg

DSC03059.jpg

Runway 07 lights..

DSC03061.jpg

Caught a glimpse of the B744 tail...

DSC03062.jpg

And AK rotating...

DSC03064.jpg

Nice info. :clapping:

I believe if u ask your friend to stop the car u could walk closer to the petronas tank i believe u could get the whole backtail section of the B744 haha

You might want to try this location.

As you head towards the airport and head away from the Kenyalang Interchange flyover, keep to the left side of the road and lookout for Lorong Lapangan Terbang 5. Turn left into this lorong and drive straight until you reach the 5th lorong on your right. Turn in and drive till the end and turn left. You should have a clear view of the runway although it is a distance away. Alternatively try the new road located below this area which can be assessed from the traffic lights junction.

You might want to try this location.

As you head towards the airport and head away from the Kenyalang Interchange flyover, keep to the left side of the road and lookout for Lorong Lapangan Terbang 5. Turn left into this lorong and drive straight until you reach the 5th lorong on your right. Turn in and drive till the end and turn left. You should have a clear view of the runway although it is a distance away. Alternatively try the new road located below this area which can be assessed from the traffic lights junction.

OMG :yahoo: Finally a reply! I will try the route you mentioned. Thanks SO much! Are you a regular Kuching plane spotter?

Sign in to follow this