MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
Sign in to follow this  
Naim

MAS Cabin Crew Lowest Paid in the World (?)

Alamak why use char koay teow for comparison.

There are many more things can be used as examples and char koay teow is just one of them.

The salary for MH crew is perhaps comparable or even better than the average income for fresh graduates (and bearing in mind there are increasing numbers of unemployed grads now). Maybe AK crews earn bit better but their airline is making big profits and sources tell me that they have to clean toilets and etc.

Guess having the opportunity to travel around the world open your eyes to the pittance salary in Malaysia. Hey, it's like RM 30 for a plate for char koay teow in Australia and it's considered economical.

[/quote/]

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Yes its correct. For AK, other than served to their pax, they also need to carry out and additional tasks such cabin housekeeping and lavatories cleaning and securing.

Edited by Wan Mohd Faizul Rizal

There are many more things can be used as examples and char koay teow is just one of them.

Exactly sir. How about homes, cars, taxes, EPF /CPF, Med, etc etc etc.....lets not get into a currency war. I would say having worked on both sides, RM is about 1.3 to 1.4 times more than in SGD.

The salary for MH crew is perhaps comparable or even better than the average income for fresh graduates (and bearing in mind there are increasing numbers of unemployed grads now). Maybe AK crews earn bit better but their airline is making big profits and sources tell me that they have to clean toilets and etc.

Guess having the opportunity to travel around the world open your eyes to the pittance salary in Malaysia. Hey, it's like RM 30 for a plate for char koay teow in Australia and it's considered economical.

[/quote/]

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Yes its correct. For AK, other than served to their pax, they also need to carry out and additional tasks such cabin housekeeping and lavatories cleaning and securing.

I think MH crew do clean their toilets as well. SO does SQ and other legacy carriers. If not how you think on a long haul flight the toilets are always clean and shiny.

Aaron,

For MH turnaround time, they have cleaners (vendor) go to the aircraft and carry out cabin housekeeping, lavatories as well. But AK didnt do that coz the crew will do it while waiting pax to board.

You cant compare like that. Turns are AK's ops, where as MH has diff kinda ops. But the fact remains, both do clean toilets.

Anyway, anyone has any idea what was MH cc's salary say in 1990 compared to now?

Edited by Aaron Goh

Well I do not know much about how the pay scale works, but recently I bought ticket to Melbourne for next month. EK charges around RM3,500+, MH RM3,800 and SQ at RM 3,019 transiting at Changi. One may assume that the ticket I got is bargain but even as SQ charge cheaper price they are still earning profit in the end.

Assuming partial of crew salary come for ticket sale....other airlines like EK, SQ etc still win hand down due to their wide network and better revenue management? No? Sorry am still learning...don't flame me yea?

By the way, am flying A333, A380, B772 and B744...first trip with SQ...hopefully it would be great, especially the B747!!! :yahoo:

I think MH crew do clean their toilets as well. SO does SQ and other legacy carriers. If not how you think on a long haul flight the toilets are always clean and shiny.

I do agree that MH some of the best kep toilets that I have been on, including QR, AK and SQ. My recent trip with GF and KL revealed that they do not maintain the cleanliness of the toilet throughout the flight, not consistent at least.

Well I do not know much about how the pay scale works, but recently I bought ticket to Melbourne for next month. EK charges around RM3,500+, MH RM3,800 and SQ at RM 3,019 transiting at Changi. One may assume that the ticket I got is bargain but even as SQ charge cheaper price they are still earning profit in the end.

Don't one stop transit flights always cost less than non-stop flights?

Don't one stop transit flights always cost less than non-stop flights?

I am sure about that, maybe. However, there is some ppl out there said those A380 flight cost a bit more than B77W or B744 itself. Hmm..perhaps when A380s was just introduced. But now its a common sight, Singapore at least.

You cant compare like that. Turns are AK's ops, where as MH has diff kinda ops. But the fact remains, both do clean toilets.

Anyway, anyone has any idea what was MH cc's salary say in 1990 compared to now?

Aaron,

I am with MH for few months and with AirAsia for 6 years and roughly in Aviation about 10 years.

MH didnt do lavatories cleaning on ground at base (KLIA) because they have subcontract on that.

In the air or at any station without subcontract, yes they might do by themselves.

AK did all. On ground. in the air, at stations or at base (KLIA), cabin crew will carry out the special ops called Lavatories cleaning :rofl: .

Even if they face any problems with lavatories and cabin in the air or on ground at base and stations, they will inform me if i work on that particular bird on that time.

I am sure about that, maybe. However, there is some ppl out there said those A380 flight cost a bit more than B77W or B744 itself. Hmm..perhaps when A380s was just introduced. But now its a common sight, Singapore at least.

Why they come out with bigger plane if they didnt provides the solution for greatest factor in airline operation, in which fuel consumption?

Let see questions here:

1) Mostly, what is material used on B747 and A380?

Ans: B747 is hardened metal parts, A380 is strengthened composite part.

From the above question and answer, which one lighter? what is the effect to fuel consumption?

2) What is service ceiling for B747 and A380? Which one higher and how does the low, high and optimum altitude affect on fuel consumption?

Ans:_______________

Edited by Wan Mohd Faizul Rizal

Sign in to follow this