MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
Ikman Ikreza

AirAsia New Advertisement Concept

I saw during onboard with AirAsia yesterday, a new creative advertisement concept from them to generate an extra and new income. Airspace advertisement at compartment for rent especially those who interestered to convince their clients during inflight. Email to airspacead@airasia.com for details.

IMG_1095_.jpg

Edited by Ikman Ikreza

yeah, especially on the door inside the toilet as we face it when we do the biz.. :p

Well, I'm surprised they haven't done it a long time ago.

Me, too !

Ryanair has done it before and still does occasionally (depends on customers demand, of course ...)

But it´s not like all of their aircraft are full of advertising !!!

Edited by Juergen Witte

Well, I'm surprised they haven't done it a long time ago.

They have started doing this long, long time ago (almost 2 years now) on selected few aircrafts. There have already been people advertising there, mainly SK II and also Tourism Malaysia

We are lucky the didnt force the F/A to wear Ad uniforms :blink:

AK make money by advertising from every blank spot on their aircraft. I think MH should follow to boost their profit, should they consider the idea isn't a bad one. :lol:

Can't help but agree with Suhimi.. Its kinda declasse.. Airbus may looks like a Rapid-bus.. But i'll keep the my faith on the big boys in AK. They r the people who knows better..

I think it's a good strategy and marketing. Maybe they can more focus to advertise an Ad such as hotel accomodition offered, travel ground transportation, holiday package.

Edited by Ikman Ikreza

AK make money by advertising from every blank spot on their aircraft. I think MH should follow to boost their profit, should they consider the idea isn't a bad one. :lol:

Nop, MH can't do that. It will demote its status as five star airlines.

They already have Celcom. Everytime you opt a movie/tv show IFE will show an annoying Celcom ad prior to playing your selection.

Nop, MH can't do that. It will demote its status as five star airlines.

oops, forgot about 5 star airlines thingy... :rofl:

Edited by suadrif

They already have Celcom. Everytime you opt a movie/tv show IFE will show an annoying Celcom ad prior to playing your selection.

Actually IFE advertising is hardly new. I remember seeing a brand video by Lufthansa promoting spots for advertisers to place their ads in before the start of the IFE show. For FSCs like LH, SQ, MH, that's a much more tasteful medium to get advertising revenue from, rather than plastering the interior with ads.

Another AirAsia new advertisement concept, "Fabulous Fly-Day" every Friday

Airasia Offers Low-fare Bargain Deals Every Friday

KUALA LUMPUR, Oct 21 (Bernama) -- AirAsia Bhd is introducing its "Fabulous Fly-Day", which enabled customers to enjoy low-fare bargain deals every Friday to selected destinations.

More news at http://www.bernama.com/bernama/v5/newsbusiness.php?id=537394

Not new at all.

Firefly had it some time ago. There is even a housing developer ad on the seat tray.

I agree, Firefly even has them on the storage bins !

Thankfully MasWings dosen't have this, and the drop down screens only have Tourism Malaysia videos giving a hint of gov intervention (yet still classy :) )

Hopefully MH dosen't try to emulate AK's strategy this time ....

The advertising on the storage bin is still not being actively pursue by AK I think. Some aeroplanes have the advertisement board but some don't have.

The advertising on the storage bin is still not being actively pursue by AK I think. Some aeroplanes have the advertisement board but some don't have.

It depends on the customers who order the advertising space. AK cannot force a customer to order space on all of AK´s aircraft. So, customers just order a certain number of overhead bin ads to keep expenses bearable.

I can imagine AK is working hard to find more advertising customers for the overhead bins but the "folks with the money in the bank" are hard to convince that this is a good investment...

So, i think that´s the main reason why only a limited number of bins is carrying an advertisement to date !