MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
Ibrahim

Long-awaited Sibu Airport Terminal Expansion Project is ON (at last)!

If any of you wishing to see the actual model while visiting SBW,drop by at Sibu Civic Center's Dewan Warisan Budaya (Heritage Culture Hall),where the plan of the airport is on display with other Sibu development plan.

Today,while i was reading The Borneo Post,i've stumbled upon an advertisement issued by Ministry of Transportation.

It mentioned about the tender for the construction and development of SBW airport terminal.

Looks like the race to search the constructor of new SBW terminal is on.Wonder who will got the tender.

Any ideas,guys? (Hoping that TPK will got the tender,not Naim Cendera)

May be the company that was awarded the Kuching/Kota Kinabalu International Airport project.

101% project will go to TPK. Tender is for show only.. :finger:

101% project will go to TPK. Tender is for show only.. :finger:

Let's hope so; but there were unconfirmed rumors that Naim Cendera will get that project,instead of TPK.But rumors are rumors,we'll have to wait and see. :pardon:

BTW,here's the photos of the proposed new SBW terminal (for those who haven't see it yet)

Pix no.1

3787602652_b37fbf4f27.jpg

Pix no.2

3786790127_c5590d960c.jpg

(Sorry for the photo Quality)

Well,guys? Let's hope the new SBW terminal is spotter-friendly.If not,i'll definitely cursing day and night about it when the terminal is completed.

Edited by Tamizi Hj Tamby

Oh dear. SBW I think is the last Sarawak airport left with lovely ethnic motifs adorning the walls, and now it will give way to yet another grey, sterile terminal.

SBW was never spotter-friendly, at least from within the building. Hope your wish, as well as many others, will come true Tamizi.

May be the company that was awarded the Kuching/Kota Kinabalu International Airport project.

KCH was totally under TPK and BKI was under WCT and TPK....

am not suprise if this one goes to TPK again.. <_>

Oh dear. SBW I think is the last Sarawak airport left with lovely ethnic motifs adorning the walls, and now it will give way to yet another grey, sterile terminal.

SBW was never spotter-friendly, at least from within the building. Hope your wish, as well as many others, will come true Tamizi.

Yes it is,Rozhan.If you're trying to snap some photo within the building,just forget it.But when you're outside the terminal building (especially on the open field next to the terminal),you got a chance of snapping some photo.

From Sarawak Update Facebook Page:

Expansion work to the Sibu Airport costing about RM136.88 million is on now. The successful bidder is Musyati Sdn. Bhd., a local company, had just set up its site office a week ago.

Here's the company profile on CIDB (Construction Industry Development Board) Directory:

Musyati Sdn.Bhd.-CIDB Directories

Work on Sibu Airport expansion starts

September 23, 2010

SIBU, Sept 23 — Expansion work to the Sibu Airport costing about RM136.88 million is on now.

State Minister of Environment and Public Health Datuk Sri Wong Soon Koh said the successful bidder Musyati Sdn Bhd, a local company, had just set up its site office a week ago.

He said the work would be in two packages and would be done simultaneously.

“The first is the extension of the existing passenger terminal building, central utilities building and associated works costing RM84.44 million.

“The second is on the taxiway and car parks, the Department of Civil Aviation building and associated works costing RM52.44 million,” he told reporters, here, today.

“The Kuala Lumpur International Airport is the consultant for this project which is expected to be ready in about two years from now,” he added. — Bernama

:drinks:

A 'Hell' is about to an end...but still have to endure the hellish condition during the expansion project in progress!

Thanks for the news article BC!

Photos of the new SBW Airport Terminal:

airport2.jpg

SA1.jpg

airport.jpg

SA3.jpg

Photos were dug out from an thread dated back to 2005!

Sibu Airport Upgrade.. Proposed Upgrading.. (MWings topic,dated back to 2005)

Need to save these photos,so i could share it with others as well!

..“The Kuala Lumpur International Airport is the consultant for this project which is expected to be ready in about two years from now,”..

I envision another clone in the making...

I envision another clone in the making...

I don't think so;check out the photo of the model of the proposed terminal above.

err Mizi... :pardon:

from Borneo Post

SIBU: Works on the RM137 million Sibu Airport extension project have commenced.

20351.jpg

AIRPORT EXTENSION: An artist’s impression of the terminal building under package one of the airport extension project.

Second Finance Minister and Minister of Public Health and Environment Dato Sri Wong Soon Koh said the site office had been in operation for a week.

The project is divided into two packages carried out simultaneously.

Package one involves the extension of passenger terminal building, central utilities building and associated works with a contract sum of RM84,444,000.

The scope of package two consists of airside and landside works, DCA building and associated works, and the contract sum is RM52,444,000.

The project under the Works Ministry was handed over to contractor Musyati Sdn Bhd on Sept 13.

The contract period is 24 months and the type of procurement is ‘Competitive Tender’.

KLIA Consult..finish with KUL-ish clone, now start with BKI-ish..really lost of ideas these people? <_>

Alahai..a-la BKI design.. :(

Looks like the preliminary design was not used at all.. :sorry:

One thing for sure; They better make sure that design is spotter-friendly! :angry:

Anyhow,thanks for the article Nick;a friend of mine (former schoolmate actually) wrote it.

Alahai..a-la BKI design.. :(

Looks like the preliminary design was not used at all.. :sorry:

One thing for sure; They better make sure that design is spotter-friendly! :angry:

Anyhow,thanks for the article Nick;a friend of mine (former schoolmate actually) wrote it.

Developer : Tan Sri TPK again? :rolleyes: