MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
Sign in to follow this  
Y. J. Foo

Behold the 'SkyRider'!

Apparently an Italian firm Avioninteriors has an interesting concept of increasing seat counts. dubbed the 'SkyRider', it has a saddle-like seat and an impressive 23" legroom. :blink:

seats10x-large1.jpeg

More info can be found here.

That being said, i doubt if this thing actually catches on, no least of the maximum passenger capacity of the airliners (A320 has 180 IIRC), and crash-worthiness, among other things.

The chair reminds me of my niece's baby feeding chair. Might as well remove all chairs and airlines start ordering freighters instead of the normal passenger plane, passenger could only hold on the strap that hangs from above just like the LRT. A330F surely going to be a big hit. LOL !

Did you wonder why they used a lady instead of a guy as the model? Imagine 14 hours to STN...I'm sure my eggs are fried!

Then serve to the lady model, :rolleyes:

Apparently those seats are for short haul, probably less than 2 hours. As to date, no airline companies take/order the seats. Yet.

Then serve to the lady model, :rolleyes:

Hot meals. :D

OMG! That is just plain sad. You couldn't pay me (taxes not included, of course ;) ) to sit on one of those seats!! :nea:

With a higher sitting position surely they have to remove the overhead baggage compartment. Where are passengers going to store their hand luggage then???

topImage.jpg

What a sight! At least the airline can get rid of seatbelt extenders now. There's no need for them since overweight passngers will get wedged inbetween the seats! Let's see if Ryanair really will try these out on their planes...

It's really look like riding a horse, or the infamous Chinese Kung Fu practice.

It's really look like riding a horse, or the infamous Chinese Kung Fu practice.

Except that you'll have more legroom whilst riding a horse! <_>

The main reason for any airline to fit these seats into an aircraft is to increase the passenger capacity of the plane. However, as far as I know, the permitted maximum number of passengers in an aircraft is limited by the number of exits. For example, there are 4 overwing exits in EasyJet's A319 compared to 2 for typical A319, since EasyJet's A319 has a passenger capacity of 156 (134 for typical A319).

So, additional exits have to be added to increase the passenger capacity of an aircraft. However, for example, the A320 is certified to carry a maximum of 180 passengers (correct me if I am wrong), but LCCs in our region (AK,FD,QZ,3K,TR) have already fitted their A320s with 180 seats. Does it mean it is impossible for them to refit their cabin with these "SkyRider" seats?

Sign in to follow this