MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
Aiman

Light plane crash at Johor

Aircraft crashes in Gunung Pulai; fate of two pilots unknown

BY NELSON BENJAMIN

JOHOR BAHRU: A two-seater aircraft has crashed in Gunung Pulai during a test flight at about 9.45am.

The fate of two pilots, including a Civil Aviation Department official, is unknown at present.

Source: The Star

----------

From my insider:

suspect plane : Eagle 150B or Liberty

Flight Examiner : Capt Zaini (ex-RMAF pilot) (Injured)

Female Student Pilot : unknown (Died)

Time plane crash : 0920 / 0945

Edited by Aiman

Sorry to hear that.

Gunung Pulai has seen some crashes before. MFA's SKA crashed there a few years ago, killing the student pilot.

It's anytime safer to fly than to drive.

If car got problem, can stop by roadside.

If car got problem, can stop by roadside.

If car hit another car catastrophically?

The aircraft is a Liberty XL2. Apparently the post crash fire caused injuries that killed the female student pilot. The Instructor/Check Pilot suffered significant burns.

AlFatihah to the Lady Pilot.

And let's pray for the recovery of the Instructor.

This is the fifth crash this year involving training school aircraft! 2 x HM Aerospace, 1 x IT&S, 1 x APFTC and now 1 x KLIFA.

Not sure what story the statistic would tell but on the face of it it doesn't look a very good record.

Geoff

is it true that the instructor was trying to molest the trainee resulting the crash?

OMG!! Whatever made you say things like that??? Why would a flying instructor want to do that in a plane a few thousand feet up in the air? Death wish perhaps?

I've been following the story on newspaper since it happened and it makes me think about loosing my dad a while ago.

To Diona's father and brother - We are strangers but we share a common sense of loss. Even though you are professional pilots, I'm sure it will not be easy getting back into the cockpit, just as I found out the hard way. Please be strong and carry on, knowing that Diona is in a better world, happily flying and watching us from above. Everytime when you take to the sky you are that much nearer to her. Find comfort that she left this world pursuing her dreams, and feel extremely proud that she is an aviator. Though she's irreplaceable but time will heal. I'm sure she'd want you to be happy for her.

Whenever I'm at the controls nowadays I think about my old man too. But deep down inside I know he'd want me to get on with the job. We are professional pilots, and we have great responsibilities before us.

To the flight examiner, I wish you a speedy recovery, and get back into the air ASAP.

Very, very well said indeed, Albert !!! :good:

is it true that the instructor was trying to molest the trainee resulting the crash?

Come on my friend, i knew Capt Zaini in person, he is the nicest instructor i ever had, please think before you wrote something here, its a dishonor to him and also the deceased female pilot. Have some respect here please

Come on my friend, i knew Capt Zaini in person, he is the nicest instructor i ever had, please think before you wrote something here, its a dishonor to him and also the deceased female pilot. Have some respect here please

yalah..pandailah tu

Plz get ur info fm the correct source. .he was 1 of the most respected instructors. .i hav flew with hm before. .dnt u dare talk about hm like that. .

Plz get ur info fm the correct source. .he was 1 of the most respected instructors. .i hav flew with hm before. .dnt u dare talk about hm like that. .

Yes Asrul, i agree with you.

michgyver, you should have respect to others while post something here.

Yes Asrul, i agree with you.

michgyver, you should have respect to others while post something here.

People with no respects of others will nvr gain respect. .unlike cpt zaini. .i knw what he's been through frm the airforce days. .he worked had to b where he is now. .he was my dad's stdnt. .when he was doing his instructors course. .i was his stdnt when I was on my instructor course. .all his stdnt loves hm. .all of us respects him. .he's 1 of the best. .

Yes Asrul, he never skip any puasa and daily prayers as i can recall, and he treat us very nicely. How can michgyver make a statement to a religious man and also disrespect to the deceased.