MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
Sign in to follow this  
kinkajou

Becoming a pilot

I didn't do SPM because I was studying overseas and they deemed that qualification insufficient to convert. That's the "official" version anyway. I do have 2 university degrees and was working for an airline for 6 years.

Hmm.. was this official thing from DCA? I dont remember filing in my SPM results into my CPL or ATPL application to DCA. Though i know flying schools do conduct interviews for cadets to filter out their own requirement. Requirements for application are all in the forms.

Since you studied overseas, im not sure la bro, but dont give up, sure got some way one.

Hmm.. was this official thing from DCA? I dont remember filing in my SPM results into my CPL or ATPL application to DCA. Though i know flying schools do conduct interviews for cadets to filter out their own requirement. Requirements for application are all in the forms.

Since you studied overseas, im not sure la bro, but dont give up, sure got some way one.

As per DCA's AIC:

"DCA has an existing policy for converting foreign (ICAO contracting states) professional licence (ATPL & CPL) to Malaysian Licence as contained in AIC 4/95. The conversion is only acceptable when the candidate has met the minimum academic qualification which is 5 credits at SPM level or equivalent inclusive of credit in Mathematics, English and a Sciences subjects."

If you did your training in Malaysia you should have been given the royal blessing by DCA to go ahead. I had the royal rejection letter.

Sign in to follow this