MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
Kelvin T

Senai Airport

So sad. You scroll back a few pages and you will find pics of these planes still in shining white.

Some times I wonder whats the purpose of the owners parking these jumbos here all these years, same like those of 747 owners at KLIA.

.....Some times I wonder whats the purpose of the owners parking these jumbos here all these years, same like those of 747 owners at KLIA.

I'm guessing it's when deals don't get done to conclusion and with passage of time, there probably comes a tipping point when it's cheaper for the owner(s) to just disown those coke can wannabes than undertake their responsibility of a proper disposal/resolution

I wonder if those airframes have been paid off yet by the last owner, or is it another one of those banks' non-performing write offs :)

Those decayed 747 esp. the one owned by Pan Am (N743PA) should be preserved as part of a flying museum in Malaysia. When I looked at the manufacture date - 1970...I am awestruck of how this legendary bird, early batch as well and used to be owned by one of the world's top airlines ended up sitting here but left to decay.