MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
Kelvin T

Senai Airport

Good shot, Tamizi :good: The guess this is the only place in the country we can still view a B747-100. The plane on the far right looks like an Antonov AN-32...such bunch of classics there!

Edited by MIR

If I'm not wrong these B741 have been at that location for a long time...I remember flying out of Senai sometime last year and seeing them too on the ground in the same location

Spotted this G-V on 24/10:

10880386894_574566f4c4_c.jpg

And AK workhorse as usual.

10880276416_67b983cefd_c.jpg

These 2 phohos were snapped using my Nikon Coolpix,instead of the D5200.

Saudia Cargo B744F flight SV6887 arrived from Dammam earlier today. It's TF-AMU again..

Planned in today,

Air Transport International B752C N753CX ATN731 ETA 0745LT from FJDG.

Edited by MIR

Almaty airport (UAAA) FIDS is showing there is an AirAsia X flight to WMKJ today.

xxi_zps2b1e6848.jpg

8th May visitor,

KLM Cargo PH-CKD B744F EY 9956 from Abu Dhabi, departed JHB on 9th May around 0330L as EY 9957.

8th May visitor,

KLM Cargo PH-CKD B744F EY 9956 from Abu Dhabi, departed JHB 9th May around 0330L as EY 9957.

Volga Dnepr RA-76511 IL-76TD-90VD VI6687 from Manila, dep JHB 9th May 0430L as VI6706.

Volga-Dnepr IL-76 RA-76950 VDA107 due in today around 1400L from RAAF Base Edinburgh, South Australia.

B757 Combi, N753CX from FJDG made another stop in Senai yesterday morning before continuing onto Yokota AFB

Flightaware showing an Antonov An-124 UR-82008 planned in tomorrow morning around 0530 as ADB134F from Rockhampton Australia. The same aircraft visited KUL on 25 Aug 2014.

http://flightaware.com/live/flight/ADB134F

The aircraft transported two Chinooks to Rockhampton yesterday. It is rumoured it will return back to Rockhampton on 9th September with four Apaches.

On 24 Aug 2014, a Volga Dnepr IL-76 RA-76950 dep Senai to Darwin as VDA6834.

Edited by MIR

Saw two AN-124 parked next to each other at the cargo terminal next to very very old (and in very sad conditions) 747 last Saturday. Still there on my flight back today.

Hi Malaysianwings member,I m spotter from JHB.I have access for those 3 B747-100 at JHB.If anyone come JHB can find me via facebook.My name is William Tan on facebook as known as super lonely spotter in JHB haha.Have a nice day guys.

Hi all,second time post at here.I m spotter from Johor Bahru based in Senai Airport.As I know many people come to JHB only can spotting from departure hall and need to spot those B747-100.I currently found some nice spotting place at JHB.There are 3 spot that can go with car and even taxi or uber.Kindly pm me on facebook.My name is William Tan from Johor Bahru.Happy Spotting

Thank you William for showing us around.

FRUurbh.jpg

Bye Bye Siti

W4J22Q7.jpg

The main reason for the short trip. The forgotten 741s, soon to be removed within the next few months.

RRQXhVa.jpg

5U-ACF. A Boeing 747SR-146B. Once flown by Japan Airlines as JA8164. You would able to know that's a Japanese owned plane when you see their Kanji words at the doors/panels.

OMRnuMc.jpg

Once considered a powerful engine of their time, this PW JT9D is left decayed, waiting to be reused as tin cans

0mse8qR.jpg

The oldest of the three 741s. This Boeing 747-121(SF), S2-AFA, was flown by Pan Am as N743PA. Manufactured as line #24, she still has the original six upper deck windows.

Zm3x7gv.jpg