MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
reyneo

Air Asia's customer service

Hey guys, its been a while since I last posted, but I really need help here...

I tried booking D7's KUL-ICN flights shortly after midnight on 4th Aug in hopes of obtaining the sale fares. The first time I did it and made payment (I entered my card details), it failed and my card was not charged at all. The 2nd time I tried (my preferred dates were no longer available, so i picked an alternative instead), I made it all the way to the end (the confirmation page with a booking code), but under status, it showed 'pending'.

I was about to try to book again, but called my bank just to make sure. My bank (OCBC) said that the payment had already gone through and told me not to book again or I will be charged twice. So I did not book a 3rd time, expecting my ticket's pending status to change to confirm very soon. But shortly after, I tried keying in my booking code and the booking could no longer be found. It was like I never made the booking at all. I tried calling my bank again, this time spending a long time on the phone trying to sort of the issue. But there was nothing that I or the bank could do since it was already 4+am in the morning and Air Asia's customer service hotline was closed.

The next morning I called Air Asia exactly at 8am hoping to beat the phone call 'queue', but no, I still had to wait for more than an hour on hold. Long story short, I called air asia and my bank several times each time waiting on hold for about 1hr 30mins, and was told to email the visa transaction code to them for the booking to be approved. On their website they had no email address, so i had to wait 2hr 30mins on their online chat system just to get the email address which they chose not to show on their website.

I also called Air Asia AGAIN, just to confirm. And this time I was transfered to a supervisor who assured me that their manager will reply my email within 24 hours, and that I will also receive a free date change for all the inconvenience I had gone through.

I emailed them with the visa tranaction code and the booking code and a print out of the itinerary. And true enough I got a reply in just 4 hours. But it was not the answer i was looking for. I got a one-sentence reply "With regards to your email, kindly be advised that booking number is cancelled because the payment was declined. Please provide us the bank statement for further assistance."

Furious, I replied with a detailed account of the conversations I had on the phone and online chat systems, together with a print out of my online bank statement. After two days, I still got no reply and so I sent another email again, which also, til today have received no reply. I tried going down to the only Air Asia office in Singapore at Peninsula Plaza, but was told that as they are a ticketing office, they do not provide any customer service. Calling them again was useless as I have been very busy the past week and did not have hours to wait on hold!

Air Asia has stolen my RM2260 and has refused to either issue me the tickets or refund me my money. If D7 were a Singapore based airline, I could bring the matter up to the police or CASE, but since its governed by Malaysian law, there isn't that much I can do, short of flying down to KL to speak to their customer service agents there or crossing the causeway just to call their 'premium hotline'. I'm not sure how often this happens with AK/D7, but is there any magical contact number or hidden email address that anybody here has? (Because it took me quite a bit of effort to get that hidden Air Asia support email address) Or anybody here who works in AK/D7 who knows someone higher up I can speak to? Or if any Malaysians here know of Laws that protect customers from situations like this?

Thanks in advance for any help or insight.

p/s: not sure if this should be here or in the golden lounge, mods please move if necessary, thanks.

Edited by reyneo

Not a credit card holder myself I can't say I have any experience with credit card, but have you filed a dispute with bank? Normally your bank should be able to refund you under such circumstances.

Take the matters public is the only way to go, email with with all details & proof you got to both Malaysia and Singapore media.

reyneo, have this matter pasted on the wall of AirAsia, Tony Fernandes and Azran Osman Rani in Facebook and kindly check your PM.

reyneo, have this matter pasted on the wall of AirAsia, Tony Fernandes and Azran Osman Rani in Facebook and kindly check your PM.

Thank you so much for your help! I'll send out the emails as soon as I can and keep you guys posted about my situation. =]

Reyneo,

Agree with Azizul. If it concerns D7, then write to Azran. He will get the investigation done and will keep you posted. He takes action and does not hide behind a PR web. That much I know.

Sorry to hear about your problem and I hope it is resolved to your satisfaction.

Edited by flee

You can also try this number. A direct line to their payment department. I experienced the exact same situation last time, just that my booking didn't disappear. It remained pending for two days. A chat with their online CS got me this number. 03-21719388

Thanks for your suggestions guys! Especially Azizul, Sri Ramani & flee! I've sent out the emails already, praying hard that they'll sort it out soon. I'll try that number if I don't here from any of them tomorrow. Hopefully I'll still get to go to Korea somehow... prices are insanely high now...

As for the credit card company, they need 'proof' that the tickets were not issued, and the proof comes from Air Asia, so its a dead end there as well.

Hi reyneo, how are things coming along?

I had the same problem a few days ago, it seemed that when booking on AK, the names or any of the blanks should not be filled with "@#-" or any other non-alphanumeric character. In my case, I went past Verify by Visa but got the "pending" site, there should be a red highlighted "remove" next to it. I clicked "remove" and thus Visa did not capture my transaction.

After posting my problems on AK's Facebook, i was told to ensure no "@#-" characters should appear on the page, I rectify this and made my booking again, which was immediately cleared.

Here is also what you can do, sign up as a member, log on and then use the LIVE HELP tab, I find them helpful, they verified that the passengers I booked were not on the flight and assured me that payment did not go through.

I hope it will work out soon, keep you cool, our prayers are with you...keep us updated ok? Take care....am actually excited to read your Korean TR soon!

^ Never knew that... but yes, my name did contain a comma. Is this a new thing? Because I never had a problem with the old Air Asia website... And speaking of TRs, I actually just came back from another trip (in fact I booked my ICN flight while I was overseas), though I really should finish my existing one first before writing this one.

In any case, they restored my booking back to pending status in the morning and by about 6pm, my booking received the 'confirm' status! So it looks like I'll be going to Korea after all! Thanks for all your help guys!

Only thing left now is the date change to my preferred date that I was promised earlier and possibly any other form of goodwill they may offer (hopefully I can get some vouchers to fly my SIN-KUL leg). Time for me to write to write in again for my date change...

^ Never knew that... but yes, my name did contain a comma. Is this a new thing? Because I never had a problem with the old Air Asia website... And speaking of TRs, I actually just came back from another trip (in fact I booked my ICN flight while I was overseas), though I really should finish my existing one first before writing this one.

In any case, they restored my booking back to pending status in the morning and by about 6pm, my booking received the 'confirm' status! So it looks like I'll be going to Korea after all! Thanks for all your help guys!

Only thing left now is the date change to my preferred date that I was promised earlier and possibly any other form of goodwill they may offer (hopefully I can get some vouchers to fly my SIN-KUL leg). Time for me to write to write in again for my date change...

Apparently the new system do not accept comma and such these days...happy flying!