MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
Sign in to follow this  
RobK

Perdana 2 callsign - can anyone help?

Hello all,

I was listening to the HF traffic over the South China Sea recently (SIN & MNL 8942KHz) and heard "Perdana 1" on 21 July in the evening, local time. Flight said they were enroute from Subang to Miri and the selcal code given (JSAB) tied up to A319X 9M-NAA.

Nexy day (22 July) I picked up "Perdana 2" at 1851 local on HF but the flight was unreadable but I got a selcal code CFBL. I can't find any registration for this code and nor can I find a registration for the flight either. Can anyone help? I saw on jetphotos.net pictures that Fokker 28 M28-01 has used this callsign in the past, but is this a fixed callsign for this aircraft or is it used on other aircraft too?

Thanks for any help. :)

Rob

Also, a few minutes later I heard

Putra 03

Position OLKIT 1058Z FL380 TERIX 1115 LUSMO, selcal FQHL. This routing is from Borneo back to the 'mainland' Malaysia. Any ideas on aircraft type and registration for this one please?

"Perdana 1" callsign is used when the Prime Minister is on board. "Perdana 2" is for the Deputy Prime Minister while "DiRaja 1" is used when the King is on board. As such there is no fixed aircraft. I'm not familiar with SELCAL codes, but you might want to check out the SELCAL of M53-01, the BBJ.

Putra could be any of those aircraft but without the VVIP passengers.

Hi Razdi, thanks!

I know that the BBJ uses SEL/ALGP so that particular acft didn't feature this time and it must have been others involved. Hopefully someone on here will have the REG details for them. :help:

Perdana 1, 2 or DiRaja can be assigned to any RMAF a/craft (VVIP helicopters / aeroplanes & also A319 9M-NAA - the only non RMAF) whenever these VVIP onboard.....

PUTRA is a 'training callsign' for all RMAF No 2 Squadron regardless of any a/craft...BBJ, F28, DA90, Global etc. PUTRA 1 is when the Commanding Officer (C.O) is flying the a/craft as an A/craft Captain (aircraft commander), 2 when Executive Officer (EXO) is flying & so on...

Edited by Asari

Ok thanks. Did no-one see these depart/arrive then? :( Or is spotting these about as interesting as watching grass grow for you guys?

PERDANAs used to fly to WMKM(Melaka) few times this year-maybe for training or "rehearsal flight" i guess. Seen them quite a number of time. =)

Sign in to follow this