MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
Juergen Witte

Transmile MD-11F

Does anyone know, if the four MD-11F of Transmile are still stored ?

Also, any info on their future ??? Maybe they will reactivate them ???

when talking to a friend a month or so ago, he claims that restoration is already ongoing and they are planning to pull at least 2 of them back into ops by the end of the year. would appreciate anyone else who have better sources to shed some light.

when talking to a friend a month or so ago, he claims that restoration is already ongoing and they are planning to pull at least 2 of them back into ops by the end of the year. would appreciate anyone else who have better sources to shed some light.

Oh! what are they flying now then? Are they not the MD-11F? Its a 3 holer isn't it?

No wonder currently 2 of 4 Transmile MD11 "gone" from it usual park...As 1 of it I can spot from far located inside Transmile hangar near to T2...

Hope this time that news may come true by end of this year...

They are operating some 737-200 and 727-200 freighters at the moment. Don't know the exact numbers though!

Please check out the Subang spotting thread - it has some pix of Transmile aircraft. This page has Transmile B727 pix:

http://www.malaysianwings.net/forum/index.php?showtopic=13994&st=180

I am a bit confused here. the MD-11, DC10 & 737 200 are all 3 holers?

I am a bit confused here. the MD-11, DC10 & 737 200 are all 3 holers?

NOT the 737-200 !

The 727-200 is though :)

So who will be flying them then? Their pilots are mostly with AK now.

So who will be flying them then? Their pilots are mostly with AK now.

The pilots moved to AK. Huhu :rolleyes:

As end of November 2010, 2 Transmile's MD11 still park at same location since few months ago...But I notice that "Transmile" decal and logo already been removed... Now just plain white fuselage with maroon tail

As end of November 2010, 2 Transmile's MD11 still park at same location since few months ago...But I notice that "Transmile" decal and logo already been removed... Now just plain white fuselage with maroon tail

Do you know which 2 these are please? And what is the status/whereabouts of the other 2?

Tks.

Will update later about the rego of 2 MD11, another 2 MD11 I had no idea where it located now... I believe it 2 somewhere near or inside Transmile hangar, located behind Subang (SZB/WMSA) tower control...

AN update for everyone on the forum.

Transmile has sold all 4 MD-11's to Fedex hence why titles have been removed. Aircraft are being prep up for service. They will be ferried to SIN for a C check and on completion of that will head of to Fedex. I'm guessing they will be painted and registered in SIN. No dates and times just yet for ferry flights but I will post it up once I get more information.

Thanks Raj, please inform if you got any news later... Hope will not miss to capture the last action of Transmile MD11 soon

AN update for everyone on the forum.

Transmile has sold all 4 MD-11's to Fedex hence why titles have been removed. Aircraft are being prep up for service. They will be ferried to SIN for a C check and on completion of that will head of to Fedex. I'm guessing they will be painted and registered in SIN. No dates and times just yet for ferry flights but I will post it up once I get more information.

That's great news. It's always so sad to see plane being scrapped, so to see a couple escape the axe is always good.

This news was only made public in the mainstream media this week. Now, EPF says it is happy!

PETALING JAYA: The Employees Provident Fund (EPF) is keen for aircraft sale by troubled air cargo carrier Transmile Group Bhd to go through as quickly as possible.

A source close to EPF told StarBiz yesterday that the fund was happy with Transmile's proposed aircraft sale involving four MD-11Fs for RM208.8mil to Federal Express Corp (FedEx) and would like the deal to be wrapped up swiftly to allow for outstanding debts to be repaid to Trasmile's creditors.

Transmile presently owes over RM500mil to creditors in the form of convertible bonds and medium-term notes (MTN), with EPF being one of the MTN holders.

The air cargo operator told Bursa Malaysia on Monday that one of the conditions for this sale to be completed by its wholly-owned unit Transmile Air Services Sdn Bhd (TAS) was the approval of TAS' creditors and the High Court “for the sale in the form satisfactory for the buyer by certain dates”.

Full report: http://biz.thestar.com.my/news/story.asp?file=/2011/1/13/business/7784891&sec=business

Only 1 can be seeing at SZB currently. Other 3 no idea. Either at Transmile hangar or already gone from SZB...