MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
Sign in to follow this  
Key Earn

mas cadet pilot

Hahaha........Gav's cheeky here.

:D

Perhaps I should go learn how to fly over here at Parafield Airport as well, where all the CX cadets are. And a few others I think.

thats all?? any medical checkup?

2406[/snapback]

Key Earn,

Hope you are well, its nice to know that you are so enthusiastic to become a pilot ...keep that spirit burning and don't be too despressed about your galsses. If you ask any people, all of them want to become a pilot eventhough the flying course are very costly. But the most important key and passport that you must have in you is your health fitness. Not everybody can pass through the Aviaton Medical Checkup Class-1. So money and interest is just not everything. Although you are wearing glasses, I really hope you are not colour blind....if you are then too bad. If you are not then there are plenty opportunity and options that you could go about to achieve your dreams as to become a pilot. So are you medically fit?

In reality pilots are very well groomed with their medical fitness because that is the only criteria and passport that they must maintained in order to maintain their flying license. Renewal of flying license is been determine by the result of your medical checkup. If you are not up to the standard, the doctor will advice you accordingly and DCA will not accept your renewal license without a PASS medical checkup result. So money is not everything. Thats the reason why pilots are always handsome and medically fit, and plenty of girls friends too (hope I am not offending any pilots here...).

As a friend I would advcie you to concentrate in your studies and make sure you achieve good result in your SPM because that is also a passport for your career. I hope my two cents worth of advcie will beneficial you.

Regards and gooluck.

yeah i erally appreciate it..thanks lot....

medical pass??i'm thin...is it 1 of the passport?? (this question looks silly )

when MAS start the intake?

Noor Azmi B. Shaari u work at MAS??

2774[/snapback]

The intake is year long. I did hear of 10 intakes per year that is shared between MAS and LATC ( Correct me if i am wrong ). And also this massive recruitment drive is until 2007 or until their quota of pilots is achieved.

Perhaps you could start by capturing more information regarding aviation . Because from what I saw . You didn't know what KUL was . Browse through the forums .. soak up all the information you can . Who knows , maybe you'll prefer aviation as a hobby rather than having it as a job

2774[/snapback]

Key Earn,

I don't work in MAS but I do know the processes and requirements of what it takes to become a PILOT. In the past I have gone through everything but the least I could do is to finance myself to take up my PPL®. Please don't just focus on MAS, they are not everything that we need in life. In Malaysia we plenty other Flying Schools that could provide you the course for your dreams. The only drawbacks is that you need to finance yourself or get some financing assistance from some banks.

Anyway goodluck in your vision.

Regards,

THANKS 4 U GUYS OPINION..I HAD DECIDED TO GO FOR SOME COURSES 1ST THEN ONLY APPLY FOR MAS OR AIR ASIA CADET PILOT

WHICH AIRPLANE CADET PILOT BETTER?

do u have any shortcut to get into cadet pilot?

3141[/snapback]

:angry: :angry: :angry: :angry:

If you want short cut, you will be cut short....

do u have any shortcut to get into cadet pilot?

3141[/snapback]

Key,

First of all...i'd like to know what you mean by the term.."shortcut". When taken into such a context..it can be interpreted in many ways. For example...bribes? :mellow:

Key,

First of all...i'd like to know what you mean by the term.."shortcut". When taken into such a context..it can be interpreted in many ways. For example...bribes? :mellow:

3167[/snapback]

this is just the reason why malaysia is just so corrupted .. everyone wants the 'easy way out ' ...

What Gavin, Capt Radzi, and the rest said is true in life there is no such thing as short cut. In everything that we want to achieve, we need to work hard for it.

For example to be a pilot is not easy. You have to pass all the tests such as the Psychomotor , Psychometric and also the interview. Once you have done with these 3, you will then undergo the Medical Checkup. Failure in any of these stages will not enable you to be a pilot.

And once you have made it to be a cadet, its hard work for the next 14 months. And they say that Ground School is a killer with Class tests almost every week. You have to study your a$$ of if you want to pass and the passing rate is not 50 but 75.

And after that, if you have passed you will then undergo line training. And thats a killer. The instructors will expect you to know everything, if not Die la..kena scolding for this and that. You have a lot to learn, a lot to memorise. That is why the Simulator is known as the Torture Chamber

I have seen this saying before in a website,

During your training as a pilot, your sex life is actually gonna improve because most of the time you willl get fu**ed of course by the instructors.

And once you are done with your line training, congratulations you are a PILOT. BUt wait , there are the compulsary Base checks , and Medical you need to pass twice a year. Failure to do so, you can kiss your wings goodbye.

Anyway, my intention is not to scare you to be a pilot, nothing is easy in life. Work hard and you will reap the profits later.

Hey everyone, found this preety interesting. Well the problem i see here is many ppl tend to blame the airline especially MH when they dont get into the cadet training. Lets be frank, everyone says there is corruption and racism involved. But how often have we actually took a step back, stopped and understood that it takes more than we think to be a pilot. Many youngsters just want to join it for the glamour, many for the cash involved, many for the lifestyle, and some even for the fun of it. You see, in order to be selected to be a cadet pilot, you got to have the passion and spirit of flying. The best person who would fit that is someone who has the passion of being a pilot from a very tender age. Someone who has lived all his young yearsflying simulators and trying to get to know anything and everything about the aviation industry as a whole and not just flying. This are the ppl who grow up to be a very matured individual in terms of having the characteristics to fly. Then, we must also understand, many people who go for the interviews might be students with flying colours yet, very often they fail in the interviews. Thats because malaysians in general lack the ability to communicate spontaneously well. They cant speak themselves out and convince others. They lack the ability to speak out. There are however some who are able to do it well. Now, you shld know that being a pilot requires you to be an almost perfect individual in terms of carrying out yr duties. You need to be extremely serious in carrying out yr responsiblities well and ensure the econmics of the airline, the safety of the pax and etc. and yet you have to be a tender, cool, and relaxed individual when it comes to dealing with situations or even public relationship with pax. In my view, ifone wants to be a pilot, he has to fit 3 different criterias, 1stly...dont join piloting for the glamour, cash or leisure...you have got the job description totally wrong...2ndly, you NEED to have the passion to fly, the obsession with the aviation world, and the IN DEPTH knowledge bout anything and everything in the aviation industry, and 3rdly...the character of a pilot..the personality that shines you from the rest. Now, if you think you really want to be a pilot, go for it...and never give up. But plz, do not say that piloting is your choice of carreer if you do not fit all the above. And sorry to say, but a person who asks if there is a shortcut to being a cadet,would not really be the choice of selectors and even some of the senior pilots here. It is pure disappointment to know that people look for shortcuts to achieving something in this industry and your question would certainly bring lots of disappointment to many ppl here..because these people here have the passion and love for aviation. They love what they do, and its more than life to them just like its to me. By the way, i must admit, that i am too a 17yr old boy sitting for spm. I am working as hard as i can to achieve my 12 yr long carreer dream of being a pilot. And throughout the 12 yrs that i spent in seeking info bout this job and flying simulators every other day, reading aviation news everyday and many other things, i have learnt many things. Many pilots whom i have met and spoke to bout it. My dad works with MH and fly often with him, so i get the oppurtunity to have a look at the inside life of the tech crew and cabin crew and because of thay i have developed a bond and respect for this people. They are amazing. The airline is a great airline and it has potential to be better. Many ppl disappoint me when they say that in MH its not what you know, but who you know. However i dont ever let those words deter me from achieving my lifelong dream. And I believe that someday, i would be able to do so though success doesnt come easily, i am prepared to learn, to persevere, to go through everything i need to to do so...just for my passion of flying...!

By the way..thanx guys for setting up this site...its really amazing...i am proud to be a part of it!...