MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
Sign in to follow this  
Norman

Standing Only Airfares

Hmmm....

MELBOURNE, July 3 (Bernama) -- Singapore-owned Tiger Airways would consider introducing a "standing-only" option for passengers in a bid to lower airfares.

The low-cost carrier said it could follow in the footsteps of UK budget airline Ryanair and introduce "vertical seating" option.

"We continue to look at ways of making our operation more efficient so we can offer even lower fares than we do now," Tiger Airways director, Steve Burns, was quoted saying in the media here.

"Everything we do is about offering the lowest possible fare then allowing our customers to choose what, if any, extras they wish to pay for."

-- BERNAMA

Interesting, need to see how's Ryan Air strap their Pax on Take-Off, Landing and Turbulance...

Lower fares are getting closer to pax transported like Hog in Rattan Baskets...

Affnan

I'm only surprised this comes nearer to reality earlier than the 'pay as you visit the loo' programme :)

So far, the response is not overwhelming. Must be interesting to see passengers' reactions during turbulence while being straped to the "seats".

A few years ago, a BA cabin crew injured her back while standing up during touch down. Doubt CAA or insurance companies will permit ‘vertical seating’.

:drinks:

I think rather than standing airlines will install bum rest with some kind of harnesses which I believe will still be deemed mandatory by aviation authorities. However, I'm interested to find out how airlines / manufacturers intend to propose storage of hand luggage because surely they will have to remove the overhead compartments if this so-called "standing-only" option is introduced.

Rather than standing, I'd rather choose a sleeping seat.

We've seen this in many space sci-fi movies; should apply this to airline travel.

Passenger check in to a room where they are put to sleep. Then they are loaded into capsules which are then loaded into the aeroplane. The capsules can be stacked up, maybe a 737-sized aircraft can carry as much as 400 people. There will be no seats, no toilets, no cabin crew. Also no food or galley, and no security concern as nobody is awake except the pilots. At the end of the journey the capsules are transported to another room where the passengers are made awake again.

What do you think?

And for added safety, helmets may be provided...most likely a brandname called "Jets"

chad-pennington-new-york-jets-autographed-replica-mini-helmet-3337900.jpg

Okay, now I can see the purpose and intention of Xanadu's "Raiders"..... LOL.

We've seen this in many space sci-fi movies; should apply this to airline travel.

Passenger check in to a room where they are put to sleep. Then they are loaded into capsules which are then loaded into the aeroplane. The capsules can be stacked up, maybe a 737-sized aircraft can carry as much as 400 people. There will be no seats, no toilets, no cabin crew. Also no food or galley, and no security concern as nobody is awake except the pilots. At the end of the journey the capsules are transported to another room where the passengers are made awake again.

What do you think?

Sedated passengers may need to answer the call of nature, so they'll need urine bags or diapers :D

Amazing that airlines can even think about this standing fares.

What do you think?

And pax pay for the capsules. awesome

And pax pay for the capsules. awesome

even better why not tie them upside down with just their heads touching the floor,wah lau that will save a lot of space.Tie them from their feet,just like butcher houses.

My point is that all this will never happen.

even better why not tie them upside down with just their heads touching the floor,wah lau that will save a lot of space.Tie them from their feet,just like butcher houses.

Also those who never regain conciousness and die due to blood clot or likes whill then be discarded in a special grave dedicated to all capsule deaths. Those who fail to get or regain concoiusness immediately upon arrival will be then place in a ware house until they regain counciousness and aready to collect their bags, A fee will be charged for ware housing,

My point is that all this will never happen.

What's next? Specially designed fuselage with "Pee Hole" and catheters directly to passenger's seat? . Effectively toilet would no longer be needed and more space for standing "guests" :rofl:

"To start the flow of the oxygen, pay the flight attendant $75"

LOLL !

More like $75.63, exact change appreciated :lol:

Just flew into SZB earlier with FY and the crew made an announcement (more like advertisement IMO) about their holiday package tour. Maybe sometime in the future the PA onboard LCCs will bombard ads on the loop for the whole duration of the flight... =@

For guests travelling to Bintulu & Kuala Terengganu

Effective 28th June 2010 Counter Check-Ins at Kuala Lumpur LCCT will no longer be available for flights to Bintulu and Kuala Terengganu. We would like guests to utilise our Kiosk, Web or Mobile Check-In after this period.

For guests who require Baggage Check-In, please proceed to the Baggage Drop-off counter at S13, S14, S15, S25, S26 and S27.

If there is no baggage, please make your way to the Departure Gates.

Source

Hmm. A small step towards charging counter check in?

Sign in to follow this