MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
Sign in to follow this  
Abdul Qayyum

Inside a freighter

I was on a site visit at MASKargo and managed to get in a 747-400F(9M-MPS)

9M-MPS

dscf4474.jpg

dscf4476.jpg

no seats..these is where the palletes will lock in..

dscf4478o.jpg

dscf4477y.jpg

and the flight deck..

dscf4483j.jpg

dscf4495q.jpg

We have narrowbody aircraft, and widebody aircraft.

This is the hollowbody.

Nice .. Didn't know the MCP is still using the normal 747-400 version , instead of the one thats supposed to come with the 400F that has the digital displays

I believe I've seen a picture somewhere of the two freighters using the digital MCP. Maybe just like the B734 the MCP is interchangeable and could have been swapped from one aircraft to another. On the B734 fleet we have one MCP with paddle-type autopilot button; it keep on reappearing on different aircraft after maintenance works.

The six IDUs are LCD,, fully interchangeable with the previous Jumbos CRTs,, but it must be ship set.

The IFSD on left of upper EICAS also a new one on MH Jumbos.

Affnan

Edited by affnan

I believe I've seen a picture somewhere of the two freighters using the digital MCP. Maybe just like the B734 the MCP is interchangeable and could have been swapped from one aircraft to another. On the B734 fleet we have one MCP with paddle-type autopilot button; it keep on reappearing on different aircraft after maintenance works.

The MCP is a very reliable piece of hardware on the Boeings, normally during a hangar check its not even removed from the glare shield. At least that how it was.

Affnan

Very nice pix! :)

Are there any seats for couriers or accompanying officials? I note that when FedEx delivered the pandas to China, they had some seats for those accompanying the VIP cargo.

Very nice pix! :)

Are there any seats for couriers or accompanying officials? I note that when FedEx delivered the pandas to China, they had some seats for those accompanying the VIP cargo.

They have six seat, upstairs classified as "Supernumery seats" and few "bunk beds" for crew rest aft of the seats.

Affnan

Why were the flaps and slats in full deployment mode? Were they conducting some sort of checks?

The picture shows the Engineer (I think that's V Roy)have his hand near the Alternate Flap control, probably he use it. That also the reason the Flap indication goes to Expanded Mode.

Affnan

Edited by affnan

Sign in to follow this