MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
Pieter C.

Malaysianwings 6th Anniversary

62 members have voted

1. 1. Where do you want MW 6th Anniversary to be held ?

• KUL
    • BKI
    • PEN
    • KCH
    • BKK
    • SGN
    • HKG
    • HKT

Fitri suggestion about alternate location of spotting is good and I support it...But as mention by Flee, KC Sim and Uncle Pieter, bulis is everywhere in KUL and PEN...I experienced once during 4th MW anniversary, and or course not looking for trouble for 2nd time....

Uncle Pieter,

How about Indonesia airport??I suggest Jakarta and Denpasar Bali to be include in voting option...

I had no idea about Indonesia spotting "obstacle" so far...

And my vote go to BKK this time...

BKK so interesting..i voted for BKK..kob khun krab..

Bro, seriously to consider go there? I looking for partner if it come true in a year times...hehehe...

OK, guys & gals, intend to close the poll the 31st of October 2010 (in order for you to make cheap travel-arrangements, if neccesary)...

Top 3 now:

1 - BKK

2 - KUL

3 - HKG

Please, do vote if not done yet !!! :pardon:

Any idea if we could get the admins to write a letter to MAHB to grant us permission for a one day spotting session at a 'strategic spot'? I remember seeing MalaysianWings being featured on The Star before and a few of our admins being selected by MAS to try out their simulator as part of their launch of the simxperience. Perhaps highlighting these few 'highlights' in the letter to MAHB would help too. Just my two cents. :drinks:

So, what happens during these anniversary get-togethers. I'm only relatively new but I'd be quite keen to attend one if I can. Anyway, I voted for KUL. I hate going to BKK. <_>

Spotting all day and then dinner...

Sounds pretty good to me! :drinks:

Any idea if we could get the admins to write a letter to MAHB to grant us permission for a one day spotting session at a 'strategic spot'? I remember seeing MalaysianWings being featured on The Star before and a few of our admins being selected by MAS to try out their simulator as part of their launch of the simxperience. Perhaps highlighting these few 'highlights' in the letter to MAHB would help too. Just my two cents. :drinks:

Done that... and can forget about them....

BTW... is BKK spotter friendly?

I remember seeing spotter friendly airport officals in MNL somewhere in MWing before

they even offer to buy you some refreshments... :rolleyes:

as much as i would love it to be held in KCH, but i must agree that it is not a suitable location. KCH HAS traffic, it's not that slow, just moderate but the type of traffic and spotting location is an issue. we have very few airlines serving KCH here and mostly we get AK, MH, TR and maybe BI. so sadly, a no for KCH this year

Edited by Prestley Shim

Done that... and can forget about them....

BTW... is BKK spotter friendly?

I remember seeing spotter friendly airport officals in MNL somewhere in MWing before

they even offer to buy you some refreshments... :rolleyes:

I'll start forgetting about it now :(

Spotting all day and then dinner...

If it is the agenda, why don't you try SGN or HAN. Traffic can't compete with the 3 top airports that Uncle Pieter mentioned but lunch, dinner, beer. etc... are scrumptuous at 1/3 to 1/2 the prices of BKK or KUL? No bulis harassment.

ASEAN spotters don't need visa, plenty of flights from Air Asia (AK, FD, QZ), Jetstar, Tiger, Lion Air, mini-hotel twin-bed room, A/C, en-suite bathroom/toilet/Cable TV @US$18-20 for 2 pers.

If we focus on the 3 airports, I'll vote by order:

1/ KUL (at Ladang :clapping: )

2/ BKK (Prompong to take us to the wat location :good:)

3/ HKG (subject to visa which take at least 3 weeks for Vietnamese)

If it is the agenda, why don't you try SGN or HAN. Traffic can't compete with the 3 top airports that Uncle Pieter mentioned but lunch, dinner, beer. etc... are scrumptuous at 1/3 to 1/2 the prices of BKK or KUL? No bulis harassment.

ASEAN spotters don't need visa, plenty of flights from Air Asia (AK, FD, QZ), Jetstar, Tiger, Lion Air, mini-hotel twin-bed room, A/C, en-suite bathroom/toilet/Cable TV @US$18-20 for 2 pers.

If we focus on the 3 airports, I'll vote by order:

1/ KUL (at Ladang clapping.gif )

2/ BKK (Prompong to take us to the wat location good.gif)

3/ HKG (subject to visa which take at least 3 weeks for Vietnamese)

Nguyen.....Your explaination does sound tempting though.....

Uncle Vu Loc,

With only 3 votes, I don't think SGN will be elected, but you never know, as voting is still open until 31oct10 ;)

MW members can always go there individually and enjoy the Vietnamese food/drinks (like I do)... :pardon:

SGN is certainly one location I would love to visit for spotting, shopping (love those vintage Air France posters rendered in lacquer), eating, eating, eating and eating. When I do that, I will certainly want to try out the amazing-value hotel mentioned.

KC Sim

Another month to make your vote count!

Edited by Waiping

Bros, AK will be running promo fare from tonight midnight onwards.

12/10/10:

1 - BKK

2 - KUL

3 - HKG & SGN (equal # of votes)

You've till the end of this month, to make your vote... ;)

AirAsia is putting on sale today super cheap fares to Bangkok from Singapore ... and the travel period nicely covers the dates for Malaysianwings' 6th Anniversary celebrations.

KC Sim

If BKK I might try the LH/RJ combo, maybe tie with a return EK A380 to HKG. :p

Just need to check ... is the date for Mwings' 6th Anniversary confirmed?

KC Sim

I believe that Pieter has set it as 25 June.

I am planning a trip to Paris airshow that week - so it is unlikely I will make it next year.

Just need to check ... is the date for Mwings' 6th Anniversary confirmed?

KC Sim

Confirmed...MW always celebrates their Anniversary on the last saturday of the month of June...so, for 2011, it will be 25th of June... ;)