MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
Sign in to follow this  
KK Lee

Check in at KUL

During peak period (e.g. morning), queuing time for MH EY check in is over 20 minutes.

dscn6978.jpg

This queue is for internet check-in bag drop off.

Comparing (the ratio) of number of pax with check-in counters between MH and AK, may be in favour of AK. However, MH allow check in up to 24 hours in advance.

:drinks:

try self check in kiosk and drop luggage at the drop-in counter

I was at KLIA MTB a few months ago and saw a pretty long check-in queue, but nobody at the luggage drop. So I asked if could check-in using the kiosk and luggage drop. In the end only took me less than 10mins including luggage drop.

Have been trying to checkin by internet on MH for the whole day but unsuccessful :( After selected flight in step 3 ‘Select Flights’ then ‘Connection closed by remote server’. Is internet checkin not available on Sunday or down for maintenance? :sorry:

To checkin online;

LH, SQ need PNR, first name and last name.

KL need PNR and flight number.

AK need departure airport and arrival airport and PNR

MH need PNR, first name, last name, date, flight number and departure airport.

Curious to know why MH need to input so many fields? :sorry: Kiasu? :pardon:

Edited by KK Lee

My critism of MH which fell on deaf ears - for the nth time: the IT dept needs a revamp, revolution, whatever you call it. The current system epitomizes the whole of MH machinery - 'there is no probem wat, vher got probem?'

MH ticket bought online doesn’t has e-ticket number. Self checkin kiosks at KLIA don’t have PNR option. Hence, MH ticket bought online need assistance from minder for self checkin :pardon:

Why MH and MAB can’t make life simple? :sorry:

It is strange that the email/ info generated by online purchases do not have the e-ticket numbers - when this is the most important piece of info - even more than the PNR. One has to call up the MH contact centre and ask to be emailed the e-tkt numbers.

This is soooo typical MH. Very rough around the edges and never pays attention to details!

Are you sure it's not there? Or are we talking about different things?

Bought this ticket online few months ago.. Did they change the system?

56315016.png

This problem check-in for MAS has been around for years.. morning and evening rush hours are terrible...

Over 216 check-in counters available and MAS uses two rows for intl EY pax - E & F... Perhaps using different islands for different regions of the world could be a potential idea for MAS to improve the overall pax experience???

The printout of ‘booking confirmation’ didn’t include e-ticket number.

Edited by KK Lee

Bought this ticket online few months ago.. Did they change the system?

56315016.png

It seems that whatever they did to the system since then, the emailed itinerary and confirmation now lacks the all-important e-tkt number.

I don’t seem to have luck with MH internet checkin, have been trying to checkin since last night and still couldn’t get pass ‘Select Flight’ page and keep encounter;

'We are unable to process your check-in request at this moment. Try again later or contact Malaysia Airlines Call Center or check-in at the airport. [ER100]' :angry:

Hope TF will terminate the current vendor.

I think MH, BI, MI, and SQ use Abacus reservation system....it is a pain in the *toot* to use the system..... :finger: :finger:

Edited by JuliusWong

I think MH, BI, MI, and SQ use Abacus reservation system....it is a pain in the *toot* to use the system..... devil finger.gif devil finger.gif

For me so far no problem when doin OLCI for MI & CX ......I use them every month......

dscn7944.jpg

Noon may be not a peak departure period for MH but nevertheless over 50% of flights are MH

dscn7940k.jpg

Indonesian airlines are concentrated in row A

dscn7937.jpg

Most TG pax are transit at BKK

dscn7942.jpg

If activity at check in counters is a yardstick on load, travelling on MH must be exclusive.

dscn7941o.jpg

dscn7938.jpg

dscn7936q.jpg

MH need PNR, first name, last name, date, flight number and departure airport.

Curious to know why MH need to input so many fields? :sorry: Kiasu? :pardon:

They don't need to... It is just configured that way (not sure why)

The SITA system (used by MAS) only requires Pnr and surname. In fact if you check in via MHmobile that is all you need to input.

I think MH, BI, MI, and SQ use Abacus reservation system....it is a pain in the *toot* to use the system..... :finger: :finger:

MH is on SITA

I don’t seem to have luck with MH internet checkin, have been trying to checkin since last night and still couldn’t get pass ‘Select Flight’ page and keep encounter;

Have you tried flymas.mobi? If it doesnt work is very likely that your PNR has not been released for self service check-in for some reason.

Sorry, just realised how old these posts were

Noob mistake

Apologies to all :-)

Sign in to follow this