Jump to content
MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
Raj

Foreign Carriers and Malaysia

Recommended Posts

On 9/8/2022 at 2:38 PM, kandiah k said:

KUWAIT AIRWAYS OCT 2022 KUALA LUMPUR AIRCRAFT CHANGES

1 min

Published at 1300GMT 01SEP22

Kuwait Airways in recent schedule update revised planned operational aircraft for Malaysia, where it resumes Kuwait City – Kuala Lumpur route on 02OCT22. The airline previously planned Airbus A330-800neo service from 02OCT22 to 26OCT22, however this has been revised to -200.

Service operates 2 weekly in October 2022, increasing to 3 weekly from 01NOV22.

KU409 KWI2245 – 1200+1KUL 332 37
KU410 KUL0530 – 0830KWI 332 25

KU409 is on its way to KUL on a B77W and arriving at 11:45am today on its' inaugural flight

 

https://www.flightradar24.com/KAC409/2db119c9

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

From aeroroutes….
 

UZBEKISTAN AIRWAYS RESUMES SOUTHEAST ASIA SERVICE FROM NOV 2022

1 min

Published at 1100GMT 04OCT22

Uzbekistan Airways in Northern winter 2022/23 season is resuming service to Southeast Asia, with flights to Bangkok and Kuala Lumpur scheduled, on board Airbus A321neo LR aircraft. Planned operational schedule as follows.

Tashkent – Bangkok eff 03NOV22 2 weekly
HY531 TAS2230 – 0640+1BKK 32Q 14
HY532 BKK0810 – 1310TAS 32Q 25

Tashkent – Kuala Lumpur eff 01NOV22 2 weekly
HY553 TAS2300 – 0930+1KUL 32Q 5
HY553 TAS2355 – 1030+1KUL 32Q 2

HY554 KUL1100 – 1600TAS 32Q 6
HY554 KUL1200 – 1700TAS 32Q 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, Izanee said:

From aeroroutes….
UZBEKISTAN AIRWAYS RESUMES SOUTHEAST ASIA SERVICE FROM NOV 2022

1 min

Published at 1100GMT 04OCT22

Uzbekistan Airways in Northern winter 2022/23 season is resuming service to Southeast Asia, with flights to Bangkok and Kuala Lumpur scheduled, on board Airbus A321neo LR aircraft. Planned operational schedule as follows.

Tashkent – Bangkok eff 03NOV22 2 weekly
HY531 TAS2230 – 0640+1BKK 32Q 14
HY532 BKK0810 – 1310TAS 32Q 25

Tashkent – Kuala Lumpur eff 01NOV22 2 weekly
HY553 TAS2300 – 0930+1KUL 32Q 5
HY553 TAS2355 – 1030+1KUL 32Q 2

HY554 KUL1100 – 1600TAS 32Q 6
HY554 KUL1200 – 1700TAS 32Q 3

8 hours in a single-aisle metal tube, that will be brutal. Granted the seating arrangement is 16J 172Y = 188.

Current longest A321neoLR record holder is SATA Azores Airlines's Lisbon (Portugal) and Bogotá (Colombia) a total of 9 hours 50mins!! Seating arrangement 16J 174Y=190.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

A321s fly on TATL routes all the time… 6-8 hours! Aer lingus does it a lot…

and there are B737max 8/9s that fly the TATL routes too

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 hours ago, JuliusWong said:

8 hours in a single-aisle metal tube, that will be brutal. Granted the seating arrangement is 16J 172Y = 188.

Current longest A321neoLR record holder is SATA Azores Airlines's Lisbon (Portugal) and Bogotá (Colombia) a total of 9 hours 50mins!! Seating arrangement 16J 174Y=190.

This is not something new. In the past, both Uzbekistan Airways and Air Astana were flying single-aisle B757 aircraft (along with their B767) to KUL for many years.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

When MH and SQ began operations in 1972, the Boeing 707 was still the mainstay of long haul routes. If you went to Subang Airport in those days, it is not unusual to see long haul  international airlines flying 707s,  DC-8s, VC-10s, Convair 880s, IL-62s. Charter flights also used 737s - they just had to do refuelling stops along the way!

We were all spoiled by the  A380, 747 and modern widebodies.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I used to love watching the IL62s of CSA and Aeroflot fly in to Subang in the 80s. I used to live in SS14 so was directly under the flight path for runway 33. those IL62s were so loud!! Eventually Aeroflot changed them to A310s which continued onto Sydney. I don’t think we ever saw the IL-86s in KUL.. those went to SIN. 

JAT was better as they used a DC-10 on their run from Belgrade. 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Lion Air Indonesia Adds SUB-KUL Route

Surabaya – Kuala Lumpur eff 12OCT22 1 daily 737-900ER (-800 from 19OCT22)
JT168 SUB0830 – 1210KUL 738 D
JT169 KUL1300 – 1440SUB 738 D

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/6/2022 at 1:28 PM, flee said:

When MH and SQ began operations in 1972, the Boeing 707 was still the mainstay of long haul routes. If you went to Subang Airport in those days, it is not unusual to see long haul  international airlines flying 707s,  DC-8s, VC-10s, Convair 880s, IL-62s. Charter flights also used 737s - they just had to do refuelling stops along the way!

We were all spoiled by the  A380, 747 and modern widebodies.

I guess nowadays people simply have more options than before. When people have more options they will find one that is more suited to them. A good example is air conditioned buses are common nowadays compared to the old days. If given choices, people will opt for air conditioned bus over non-air conditioned bus for the same route, although there is nothing wrong with non-air conditioned bus. Nevertheless, there are still people go for non-air conditioned bus if the fare or schedule is more suited to them.

My longest narrow body flight was TPE-KUL on MH B738 many years ago. The flight was just under 5 hours and I really don't like it. I try to avoid NB for any flight that is more than 4 hours since then. Now I have an upcoming flight SYD-DPS with QF B738 which is just over 6 hours. Will see how it goes !

Sorry for the OT.

 

 

Edited by Kee Hooi Yen

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/4/2022 at 7:59 PM, Izanee said:

From aeroroutes….
UZBEKISTAN AIRWAYS RESUMES SOUTHEAST ASIA SERVICE FROM NOV 2022

1 min

Published at 1100GMT 04OCT22

Uzbekistan Airways in Northern winter 2022/23 season is resuming service to Southeast Asia, with flights to Bangkok and Kuala Lumpur scheduled, on board Airbus A321neo LR aircraft. Planned operational schedule as follows.

Tashkent – Bangkok eff 03NOV22 2 weekly
HY531 TAS2230 – 0640+1BKK 32Q 14
HY532 BKK0810 – 1310TAS 32Q 25

Tashkent – Kuala Lumpur eff 01NOV22 2 weekly
HY553 TAS2300 – 0930+1KUL 32Q 5
HY553 TAS2355 – 1030+1KUL 32Q 2

HY554 KUL1100 – 1600TAS 32Q 6
HY554 KUL1200 – 1700TAS 32Q 3

First flight welcoming at KLIA photo here. They gave a A320neo plane model as gift??

Edited by JuliusWong

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, JuliusWong said:

First flight welcoming at KLIA photo here. They gave a A320neo plane model as gift??

If they did indeed give an aircraft model as a gift, then shame on MH for giving us a MH logo cookie and a post it note during their inaugural to DOH  😅

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

From aeroroutes…

Iraqi carrier FlyBaghdad in December 2022 intends to extend its network to Southeast Asia, where the airline plans to operate Baghdad – Delhi – Kuala Lumpur route. Subject to further adjustment, first flight is tentatively scheduled on 01DEC22, with 737-900ER operates 2 weekly flights.

Reservation is not available on the airline’s website.

IF191 BGW1855 – 0150+1DEL0250+1 – 1100+1KUL 739 14
IF192 KUL1200 – 1505DEL1605 – 1750BGW 739 25

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Izanee said:

From aeroroutes…

Iraqi carrier FlyBaghdad in December 2022 intends to extend its network to Southeast Asia, where the airline plans to operate Baghdad – Delhi – Kuala Lumpur route. Subject to further adjustment, first flight is tentatively scheduled on 01DEC22, with 737-900ER operates 2 weekly flights.

Reservation is not available on the airline’s website.

IF191 BGW1855 – 0150+1DEL0250+1 – 1100+1KUL 739 14
IF192 KUL1200 – 1505DEL1605 – 1750BGW 739 25

This is one hell of a long journey from Kuala Lumpur to Iraq.....on a narrow body. Sadly this is the new way of travelling, narrow body for flight journey more than 4 hours.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/29/2022 at 10:02 AM, Craig said:

Per aeroroutes, TK will "upgrade" (seat wise) to ex-Aeroflot 359 beginning 07AUG23 on TK 62/63 (the 3 additional new weekly flights).

Updated from aeroroutes

Istanbul – Kuala Lumpur eff 07AUG23 Increase from 10 to 14 weekly, 777-300ER/787-9. Previously planned 316-seater A350 on TK062/063 from 07AUG23 removed

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/22/2022 at 9:55 AM, Zamir said:

Updated from aeroroutes

Istanbul – Kuala Lumpur eff 07AUG23 Increase from 10 to 14 weekly, 777-300ER/787-9. Previously planned 316-seater A350 on TK062/063 from 07AUG23 removed

Seems like TK is getting the bulk of EU-MY traffic (I prefer a 11-2 split instead of a 6-7 [flying time in hours] split with Gulf carriers).

In other related news, KLM will scale back its KUL operations beginning Summer 2023 schedule. Initially the plan was to fly AMS-KUL-CGK daily but it has now been reduced to 3x weekly (winter 22/23 is 4x weekly). I can't imagine crew cost for this flight. Day 1: AMS-KUL, Day 2-4: KUL; Day 4: KUL-CGK-KUL; Day 6/7: KUL-AMS!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

BATIK AIR ADDS BANDA ACEH – PENANG SERVICE FROM DEC 2022

Batik Air from December 2022 is adding new service to Malaysia, which sees the airline schedules Jakarta – Banda Aceh – Penang service, with Airbus A320. First flight is scheduled on 15DEC22, followed by 1 daily flight from 17DEC22. 
 
ID6698 CGK0600 – 0845BTJ0930 – 1140PEN 32A D
ID6699 PEN1230 – 1240BTJ1320 – 1615CGK 32A D 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, Zamir said:

BATIK AIR ADDS BANDA ACEH – PENANG SERVICE FROM DEC 2022

Batik Air from December 2022 is adding new service to Malaysia, which sees the airline schedules Jakarta – Banda Aceh – Penang service, with Airbus A320. First flight is scheduled on 15DEC22, followed by 1 daily flight from 17DEC22. 
 
ID6698 CGK0600 – 0845BTJ0930 – 1140PEN 32A D
ID6699 PEN1230 – 1240BTJ1320 – 1615CGK 32A D 

In competition with the recent launched Firefly for this route, although it will be done by ID instead of OD.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

×
×
  • Create New...