MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
Raj

Foreign Carriers and Malaysia

Indonesia AirAsia Extra later this month plans to launch service to India, which sees the airline operating Denpasar – Kuala Lumpur – Mumbai route, on board Airbus A330-300 aircraft. First flight for this daily service will commence on 19MAY17.

Reservation for this route is now available.

XT852 DPS1510 – 1810KUL1910 – 2135BOM 330 D

XT853 BOM2250 – 0630+1KUL0745+1 – 1045+1DPS 330 D

Source: http://www.routesonline.com/news/38/airlineroute/272746/indonesia-airasia-extra-adds-klia-mumbai-service-from-may-2017/

Now this is interesting...

I'll be onboard XT852 on 22 May DPS-KUL.

from my personal experience, no difference btwn AK's A320 and D7/XT A330 as all have horrible legrooms,

With AK, seat pitch is roughly 29". D7 has 32" pitch.

below 5 hours is tolerable, but beyond that... My butt hurts

I don't mind D7 seat pitch...but I dislike their width. Fortunately there is a quiet zone and upgrade from optiontown. Maybe I should reduce my body width!

Is their option town upgrade still available ? My last few flight for the past 2 years shows not upgradable to flatbed even though many emails sent by them to inform about optiontown upgrades

Is their option town upgrade still available ? My last few flight for the past 2 years shows not upgradable to flatbed even though many emails sent by them to inform about optiontown upgrades

Nowadays, those flat seats sell out fast without Optiontown. That is why they are considering installing more on their Neos.

from my personal experience, no difference btwn AK's A320 and D7/XT A330 as all have horrible legrooms,

Premium Flatbed should have better legrooms i supposed.

I don't mind D7 seat pitch...but I dislike their width. Fortunately there is a quiet zone and upgrade from optiontown. Maybe I should reduce my body width!

pitch + width

Usually I just go for quiet zone. My last upgrade to hot seat from Nagoya was a disaster.

Usually I just go for quiet zone. My last upgrade to hot seat from Nagoya was a disaster.

Hot seat in Quiet Zone? How did it become a disaster?

On my previous flight to SYD, I noticed that the Quiet Zone fees have increased.

So I experimented - I booked a seat on Row 44 on my return flight so that I can compare the difference between Quiet Zone and normal cabin. The Row 44 seats are at the section where the cabin tapers and 3-3-3 seating become 2-3-2. Seat comfort is much better - does not feel so cramped and seat pitch appears to be better too. Noise levels are far higher as the seat is behind the engines - so noise cancelling headphones are probably needed if you can't stand the noise!

But alas. D7 also caught on to my little "trick" - they increased the fees for those seats as well!!!

On my previous flight to SYD, I noticed that the Quiet Zone fees have increased.

So I experimented - I booked a seat on Row 44 on my return flight so that I can compare the difference between Quiet Zone and normal cabin. The Row 44 seats are at the section where the cabin tapers and 3-3-3 seating become 2-3-2. Seat comfort is much better - does not feel so cramped and seat pitch appears to be better too. Noise levels are far higher as the seat is behind the engines - so noise cancelling headphones are probably needed if you can't stand the noise!

But alas. D7 also caught on to my little "trick" - they increased the fees for those seats as well!!!

Even the luggage charges for Australia and NZ sector have increased substantially.......

Edited by JuliusWong

I mean they put me on the hot seat at the last section of economy on the A333. During flight everyone seems to enjoy lingering around that area.

I mean they put me on the hot seat at the last section of economy on the A333. During flight everyone seems to enjoy lingering around that area.

Ah I see - the lavatory area. I never really liked the A333 hot seats.

Even on FSCs, those first rows with extra leg room seems to be used as a thoroughfare to cross over to the other aisle!

I think Row 8 in the quiet zone is nice - no IFE box stuck under the front seat...

Not in anyway I'm gonna sit behind. Quiet zone all the way for now. Behind those kids and toddler screams throughout the whole flight on my past 3 D7 flights.

Lion Air starting this week is introducing Medan Kuala Namu – Kuala Lumpur service, with first flight scheduled on 24MAY17. Boeing 737-800 aircraft will operate this route on daily basis.

JT166 KNO1530 – 1740KUL 738 D
JT167 KUL1430 – 1440KNO 738 D

Lion Air will be serving this route along with its sister carriers Batik Air and Malindo Air.

Source: http://www.routesonline.com/news/38/airlineroute/272952/lion-air-adds-medan-klia-route-from-late-may-2017/

Is the demand for this route really that high?

Lion Air starting this week is introducing Medan Kuala Namu – Kuala Lumpur service, with first flight scheduled on 24MAY17. Boeing 737-800 aircraft will operate this route on daily basis.

JT166 KNO1530 – 1740KUL 738 D

JT167 KUL1430 – 1440KNO 738 D

Lion Air will be serving this route along with its sister carriers Batik Air and Malindo Air.

Source: http://www.routesonline.com/news/38/airlineroute/272952/lion-air-adds-medan-klia-route-from-late-may-2017/

Is the demand for this route really that high?

Yes. There were almost 700,000 passengers traveling between Medan and KL in year 2016.

I did CGK-SIN in J a few months ago. Was interesting to compare it with Malindo. IMHO Malindo were better both in terms of service and aircraft because the row 1 on a 738 has lot more space.

Not much fanfare...JC Cambodia QD685 Phonm Penh – Sihanoukville – Kuala Lumpur (not reflected in MAHB press release)

MALAYSIA AIRPORTS WELCOMES JC CAMBODIA AT klia2

13 June 2017

SEPANG – Malaysia Airports welcomes JC International Airlines (JC Cambodia), the Cambodian-registered airline, managed by China’s Yunnan Jingcheng Group, the parent firm of China’s Ruili Airlines to klia2 earlier this afternoon. The inaugural flight was welcomed with the traditional water turret salute by Malaysia Airports Airport Fire and Rescue Services. The twice a week flight service from Phnom Penh – Kuala Lumpur will be utilising its brand new Airbus A320 aircraft, which is configured as an all-economy class with 180 seats.

The successful inaugural flight of JC Cambodia at klia2 was followed by a small welcome ceremony organised by Malaysia Airports which was attended by the Senior General Manager of Malaysia Airports (Sepang), Zainol Mohd Isa and other senior management team of Malaysia Airports.

Source:http://www.malaysiaairports.com.my/index.php?m=media_centre&c=news&id=649