MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
Raj

Foreign Carriers and Malaysia

Not really thought. Yes during year end we get the occasional upgrade, but we have consistent daily flights from 4 different Koreancarriers (KE/LJ, OZ/Air Seoul, ZE and 7C) throughout the year. Still no MH or AK.

PB favourite country of the month is China.

Not really thought. Yes during year end we get the occasional upgrade, but we have consistent daily flights from 4 different Koreancarriers (KE/LJ, OZ/Air Seoul, ZE and 7C) throughout the year. Still no MH or AK.

BKI to ICN flying time is more than 4 hours, so AK is out of this. For D7 to operate this route, it needs a smaller aircraft than the A333.

Spot on. All the metal goes to China.

And perhaps the Koreans, like Japanese prefer to travel on their own korean airlines.

China is MH new love, but the Koreans have always been here.

BKI to ICN flying time is more than 4 hours, so AK is out of this. For D7 to operate this route, it needs a smaller aircraft than the A333.

Please tell TF to get some A321 for this. :D

However the Koreans now operates B738/A320/A321 regularly to BKI. Only occasionally we get the widebody.

Most the pax coming in are from ICN itself all arranged from their own tours not much input from ours. Everything on their tour package in Sabah prearranged from korea and most of them will be residing in Shangri La Rasa Ria resort. There are also quite a number of them having PR residency.

I read earlier in the news PB mentioned more growth in China, South Korea and Japan for MH. However they just don't have the(right) aircraft to fly to this destination.

Most the pax coming in are from ICN itself all arranged from their own tours not much input from ours. Everything on their tour package in Sabah prearranged from korea and most of them will be residing in Shangri La Rasa Ria resort. There are also quite a number of them having PR residency.

Love that resort. One of the best, if not the best resort in Malaysia. The highlight has to be the orang utan platform tour at the resort's forest reserve.

I read earlier in the news PB mentioned more growth in China, South Korea and Japan for MH. However they just don't have the(right) aircraft to fly to this destination.

787-8 would be so ideal. Alas.

Yeah, a mix of 787 and A350's would do well I imagine. When ready to further expand, just go further up with the 787-10 or A350-1000.

it is good to see more tourists/MICE events ad activities coming to our country. B787/A350 will be a good mix for MAB. I think they can contact lessor for some slot. MAB can add more than current six A350 on order since UL bailed out their A350XWB. Currently three completed A350XWB sitting stored at Toulouse.

I am not sure if MAB has the financial resources to start from scratch with the B787 - it is a completely new type of aircraft for it.

As MAB has already firmed up orders of the A350 with ALC with options on A339s, that is the route they will take when the time comes for the A333 replacements - the question that remains is how many A359s and how many A339s.

I don't think we will see wide body Boeings at MAB.

MAB can add more than current six A350 on order since UL bailed out their A350XWB. Currently three completed A350XWB sitting stored at Toulouse.

These belong to AerCap and will now be re-leased to Sichuan Airlines for delivery next year.

KUL gets a nice upgrade by CI:

China Airlines within the last 24-72 hours has filed preliminary schedules for winter 2017/18 season, effective 29OCT17. Significant changes based on first draft as follow.

Taipei Taoyuan – Kuala Lumpur CI721/722 Boeing 777-300ER replaces 747-400 (W16), 1 daily

On the flip side, this means no more quasi-upgrade for the handful of Y pax who manage to secure the upper deck seats.

Also, North America will be served entirely by the new long-haul fleet, with YVR and HNL getting the A350

Taipei Taoyuan – Honolulu Airbus A350-900XWB replaces A330-300, 2 weekly

Taipei Taoyuan – Vancouver Airbus A350-900XWB replaces 747-400, 5 weekly

If the plans stick, CI will be my new TPAC favourite (in J) with a nice product all the way.

http://www.routesonline.com/news/38/airlineroute/269989/china-airlines-w17-preliminary-changes-as-of-19nov16/

Edited by Chris Tan

KUL gets a nice upgrade by CI:

China Airlines within the last 24-72 hours has filed preliminary schedules for winter 2017/18 season, effective 29OCT17. Significant changes based on first draft as follow.

Taipei Taoyuan Kuala Lumpur CI721/722 Boeing 777-300ER replaces 747-400 (W16), 1 daily

On the flip side, this means no more quasi-upgrade for the handful of Y pax who manage to secure the upper deck seats.

Also, North America will be served entirely by the new long-haul fleet, with YVR and HNL getting the A350

Taipei Taoyuan Honolulu Airbus A350-900XWB replaces A330-300, 2 weekly

Taipei Taoyuan Vancouver Airbus A350-900XWB replaces 747-400, 5 weekly

If the plans stick, CI will be my new TPAC favourite (in J) with a nice product all the way.

http://www.routesonline.com/news/38/airlineroute/269989/china-airlines-w17-preliminary-changes-as-of-19nov16/

Hopefully you can select the Y+ seats at Y fare...I don't think they sell Y+ for flights less than 5 hours...

Hopefully you can select the Y+ seats at Y fare...I don't think they sell Y+ for flights less than 5 hours...

Believe quite a number are blocked for their elites, but it's still possible if you book early.

Chinese low-cost carrier Lucky Air in winter 2016/17 season continues service expansion to South East Asia,

including the addition of Kuala Lumpur, Penang, Phu Quoc and Siem Reap service.

Planned operation as follow.

Kunming – Kuala Lumpur eff 23JAN17 4 weekly
8L9595 KMG0850 – 1235KUL 737 x246
8L9596 KUL1335 – 1715KMG 737 x246

Kunming – Penang eff 20DEC16 2 weekly
8L9513 KMG0850 – 1220PEN 737 26
8L9514 PEN1345 – 1700KMG 737 26

http://www.routesonline.com/news/38/airlineroute/270209/lucky-air-schedules-new-se-asia-routes-in-w16/

ET will fly ADD-KUL-SIN effective June 2nd 2017 5 times weekly terminating the current ADD-BKK-KUL route. MH, AK and OD will definitely hike up their fares to BKK/DMK for sure.

I doubt the fares will go up. I'm not sure ET made much of a dent in the KUL-BKK market to begin with. It didn't happen when LH and MS pulled out.

Rode bkk-kul on et few months ago. Total Pob 56 including me and 5 other pax that came from the bkk-kul leg. Good catering meals on the b763 loads of cheese serve on Y and everyone occupied the empty mid seat and turn it into their flat bed. Guess they had to reroute or the route keeps bleeding.

Edited by jahur

I am sure there are some ex-MY/SG passengers traveling to Ethiopia for pleasure with these new flights (and ET has been flying to KUL for quite some time now). How about VOA or even better visa waiver for Singaporeans and Malaysians. Whilst the visa is relatively easy to obtain, it's still a hassle (and IIRC the fees are pretty exorbitant too).

Do they have 5th freedom of right?

As of now no.