MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
Raj

Foreign Carriers and Malaysia

Who are all these people travelling ICN-BKI vv ??!

Seasonal peaks like school holidays here in Malaysia and those holiday breaks in Korea I can understand, but all these flights regularly year round - I dunno get it ? :blink:

I have taken four flights on this route and from my observation, it's the Koreans, Americans, Russians (yes, Russians!) and Japanese. Hardly any Malaysian.

On the flight from ICN to BKI, there are always many connecting passengers that just got off a United Airlines flight. While the UA code is not listed, the ICN/BKI flight operated by OZ is actually a code-share flight with UA.

CX will move its red-eye HKG-KUL (CX 791) to a slightly more decent departure ex-HKG but still an awful arrival time at KUL.

For winter 2013/2014:

CX 791 2145 HKG - 0135+1 KUL D 333

CX 790 1035 KUL - 1440 HKG D 333

I flew CX 791 recently and I wouldn't recommend it (even with a flat bed in Business) - The block time is only 3'50" and due to stronger winds than expected, my flight was only 3'10" and landed at KUL 04:45!

Also, the more popular CX 720/729 will see a mixture of 744/773 on certain days. Previously, this used to be flown solely on the regional 773/772 except for the rare 77W sub. Now if only CX fly this route solely on the 744 and make KUL a F destination :)

Change of aircraft type on Korean Air's twice weekly ICN-BKI service.

Now to 27th October 2013

B737-900ER operating

31st October 2013 - 23nd December 2013

Twice weekly B737-800

25th December 2013 - 3nd March 2014

Service increase to 4 times weekly, utilizing the B737-800

5th March 2014 - 30th March 2014

Twice weekly B737-800

Asiana Airlines

Now - 27th October 2013

6x weekly service between ICN-BKI, A321-200 operating

Asiana Airlines

Back to 1 flight a day starting 28th October 2013

Jin Air (Korean Air's LCC arm) to resume service to BKI with 4x weekly flights starting 25th December 2013 to 27th February 2014. Hanjin Group (Korean Air + Jin Air) will operate 8 flights a week between ICN and BKI during this period.

Seoul Incheon – Kota Kinabalu 25DEC13 – 27FEB14 4 weekly

LJ701 ICN1800 – 2230BKI 738 x125

LJ702 BKI2340 – 0545+1ICN 738 x125

MOSCOW — The classroom filled with slender young men and women in their first week of training at the Aeroflot academy for flight attendants. The men were all square-jawed and broad-shouldered, and the women to the last of them traffic-stopping beauties.

Skytrax, a company in Britain that surveys passengers after flights, found that Aeroflot had the best service of any airline in Eastern Europe this year, a mini Velvet Revolution for a region accustomed to old ideas of Russian service.
Aeroflot beat American carriers like Delta and airlines offering old-school European service like Austrian Airlines.
Must find a reason to check them out :rolleyes:

Must find a reason to check them out :rolleyes:

The square-jawed/broad-shouldered ones or the traffic-stopping ones ? :p

Change of aircraft type on Korean Air's twice weekly ICN-BKI service.

Now to 27th October 2013

B737-900ER operating

31st October 2013 - 23nd December 2013

Twice weekly B737-800

25th December 2013 - 3nd March 2014

Service increase to 4 times weekly, utilizing the B737-800

5th March 2014 - 30th March 2014

Twice weekly B737-800

Asiana Airlines

Now - 27th October 2013

6x weekly service between ICN-BKI, A321-200 operating

Asiana Airlines

Back to 1 flight a day starting 28th October 2013

Damn it....PEN used to have PEN-ICN.....bring back Korean or Asiana to PEN

Dragonair commencing HKG-PEN from March 2014

Starting off with 10 weekly flights

Is this replacing CX service or additional ?

Dragonair commencing HKG-PEN from March 2014

Starting off with 10 weekly flights

Is this replacing CX service or additional ?

Replacement. CX flights are zeroed out while KA flights have already been loaded with very similar CX flight schedules.

CX is probably doing what SQ is doing (transferring most secondary cities to its sister carrier).

Anyway, this is actually a very good news. KA service is far better than CX and since this PEN service will be operated by the 2-class 333, it means passengers will be able to fly on the newly refurbished 333 on most days as refurbishment of the 333 is almost done now.

KA is an affiliate member of Oneworld and current CX/Oneworld customers will be able to continue to enjoy all the privileges they currently do.

I just flew PEN-HKG-PEN last week on CX. First of all, on both legs, they were using some very old 777s and A340s. IFE was not outdated and seats weren't that comfortable. Food on both legs was terrible!

I think while PEN is doing well, it is not considered a primary city like KUL of SIN....as such they don't deploy the latest products on this sector.

I have never flown Dragon Air on their wide bodies, but flown from HKG to Changsha on A321. Service wise, just ok...not spectacular.

I just flew PEN-HKG-PEN last week on CX. First of all, on both legs, they were using some very old 777s and A340s. IFE was not outdated and seats weren't that comfortable. Food on both legs was terrible!

I think while PEN is doing well, it is not considered a primary city like KUL of SIN....as such they don't deploy the latest products on this sector.

I have never flown Dragon Air on their wide bodies, but flown from HKG to Changsha on A321. Service wise, just ok...not spectacular.

Well....I flown on KA widebodies....hardware wise its the same....just hope they deploy widebodies instead of narrow ones for the PEN route.....

PS: KA serves ice-cream for longer regional routes.....so I think PEN will get ice-cream too...

Sorry bro, I think with KA coming in they will deploy the A320/A321 to PEN. Only occasionally they will deploy the bigger birds.

Sorry bro, I think with KA coming in they will deploy the A320/A321 to PEN. Only occasionally they will deploy the bigger birds.

Oh crap.... hope this doesn't happen...HKG-PEN-HKG route is quite high volume....Been taking this route since 2009 n every time I'm on it, the yield is on the average 80%....Doubt a 320/321 have the capacity for this.....

Edited by Raymund Yeoh

Em no, if I remember correctly where I read that from, it will be 10 333 services weekly :)

Em no, if I remember correctly where I read that from, it will be 10 333 services weekly :)

OK I just confirmed with a relative working in CX Pen.....she confirms the morning flights CX 692 will b widebodies...Only CX 634 (3X a week afternoon flights ) are most likely A320/321

OK I just confirmed with a relative working in CX Pen.....she confirms the morning flights CX 692 will b widebodies...Only CX 634 (3X a week afternoon flights ) are most likely A320/321

My turn to stand corrected then :D

My turn to stand corrected then :D

Its ok...we r human after all....if KA A330 really deploys...I don't mind....as overall its better than its mother CX....Food quality wise is already much better