MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
Raj

Foreign Carriers and Malaysia

I remember those. I think it was SU555 or 557 or something like that. Operated by some old plane ilyushin or something. Very noisy !

IL-62

aeroflot did not provide non stop services to KUL if i recall correctly. and they definitely were flying to KUL from at least the early 80s along with czechoslovakian airlines and JAT yugoslav airlines. those were the days!!

If not mistaken, SU transit at New Delhi.

Edited by KK Lee

From CX e-mail.

Now you have even more reasons to visit Taiwan in January!

Between the hours of 12:00 AM on 3rd January 2013 and 23:59 PM on 4th January 2012,
book online and enjoy low fares on selected flights and departure dates to Taipei.
Seats are limited so hurry and book your tickets now!

Share this online exclusive deal with your friends and family,
invite them to subscribe to CXpecials and be the first to hear of our next 48 hour special deal.

I remember those. I think it was SU555 or 557 or something like that. Operated by some old plane ilyushin or something. Very noisy !

I flew SVO - KUL on SU 555 via Karachi. Altogether about 24 hours from LHR transiting in Moscow for almost half a day. Nice flight on Il-62m.

Dragonair will launch an evening flight between HKG/BKI every Wednesdays. Service will start on 3rd April 2013 and the flight time is the same as the current Saturday schedules. This means Dragonair will finally have a daily flight between HKG/BKI :D

How I wish they have an extension to KCH...2x or 3x weekly...haiz...KCH international routes are as good as dead to me...

Agreed.

By 3rd April 2013, there will be 5x flights a day from BKI to HKG vv. and 6x flights a day every Wednesdays and Saturdays... This provided HX (Hong Kong Airlines) doesn't suddenly suspend the route again.

MH - 9 flights a week

KA - 1 daily flight

HX - 1 daily flight

AK - 2 daily flights

There were a number of airlines tried this route before, but most of them failed after a few months. Malaysia airlines did fly Fokker 50 to Zamboanga from Sandakan many years ago, followed by Filipino carriers South Phoenix Airways, Zest Air etc. I wonder how long this route will last this time around.

AirPhil Express eyes flights to Sabah

Monday, January 21st, 2013

Budget airline AirPhil Express, the sister company of flag carrier Philippine Airlines (PAL), plans to mount flights between Zamboanga City and Sandakan in Malaysia’s Sabah region, representing the company’s first international flight out of the key Mindanao airport.

Documents from the Civil Aeronautics Board (CAB) said AirPhil Express planned direct flights to Sandakan, a popular eco-tourism destination and one of the largest cities in Sabah.

AirPhil Express plans to impose a fuel surcharge of $15 for each passenger for the new service. Fuel surcharges are paid on top of regular ticket prices to cover the cost of fuel, which accounts for the bulk of an airline’s expenses.

The Zamboanga-Sandakan flights will be the only international service out of the Zamboanga International Airport, Mindanao’s third-busiest airport after Davao and Cagayan de Oro. Zamboanga International Airport is operated by the Civil Aviation Authority of the Philippines (CAAP).

Apart from AirPhil Express, only Cebu Pacific has flights to Zamboanga.

AirPhil Express has international flights to Hong Kong, Singapore and Kuala Lumpur, all served by its fleet of Airbus A320 aircraft.

Latest government data showed that the company’s international passenger business slumped slightly to 104,820 passengers in the first three quarters of 2012 from 107,235 in the same period the year before.

This came despite the growth in total international air traffic to the country to 12.56 million in the nine-month period, up from 11.69 million the previous year.

PAL remained the market leader with 3.07 million international passengers in January to September 2012, up from 2.99 million 12 months prior.

Cebu Pacific, for its part, ended September of 2012 with 2.03 million passengers, up from 1.82 million in January to September of 2011.

SOURCE: http://business.inquirer.net/103567/airphil-express-eyes-flights-to-sabah

Another exciting news. GA will be flying to Penang starting June 1st. Good news for PEN.

Medan – Penang eff 01JUN13 PLANNED NEW Daily CRJ1000 service. Reservation not available at present time

GA810 MES0645 – 0835PEN CRK D

GA811 PEN0925 – 0915MES CRK D

SOURCE: http://airlineroute.net/2013/01/21/ga-bkk-s13/

the departure time ex-MES is awful.......

Woohoo! Finally a chance to fly the CRJ is within reach! :yahoo:

Huhuhu...if no new routes or new airline for KCH by the end of the year I...I...I don't know what I'll do...hahaha...so sad...just so sad!

Cheer up cikgu - there is so much more to life than KCH :)

For example, new school year, new students, new tuition classes, new income channels ....... :D

Exciting news. Thai Airways subsidiary Thai Smile will fly to KLIA. Thai Smile will fly HKT-KUL 4 times a week. Thai Smile will be the 4th airlines to serve HKT-KUL after MH, AK and QR.

THAI Smile Plans India / Malaysia Service Launch in S13
by JL

Update at 1025GMT 31JAN13

As per 31JAN13 Amadeus timetable listing, THAI Smile plans to launch 4 International routes to India and Malaysia from 31MAR13. However, all routes listed below are currently not available for reservation, as they are not being loaded in THAI’s inventory at time this post goes to press.

Bangkok – Ahmedabad 2 weekly
TG765 BKK1930 – 2300AMD 320 37
TG766 AMD2359 – 0620+1BKK 320 37

Phuket – Delhi 2 weekly
TG761 HKT2205 – 0055+1DEL 320 14
TG762 DEL0155 – 0755HKT 320 25

Phuket – Kuala Lumpur 4 weekly
TG771 HKT0915 – 1135KUL 320 x147
TG772 KUL1225 – 1250HKT 320 x147

Phuket – Mumbai 2 weekly

TG763 HKT2235 – 0115+1BOM 320 25
TG764 BOM0230 – 0830HKT 320 36

SOURCE: http://airlineroute.net/2013/01/31/tg7-s13/

Huhuhu...if no new routes or new airline for KCH by the end of the year I...I...I don't know what I'll do...hahaha...so sad...just so sad!

Cheer up cikgu - there is so much more to life than KCH :)

For example, new school year, new students, new tuition classes, new income channels ....... :D

and let's not forget 919 Cafe's butter chicken and cangkuk manis to continue living for! sorry slightly OT :pardon:

All counted, I suppose there would be on average at least double daily BKI/ICN then ?

Said it before - incredible that MH could not sustain a twice weekly service before :)

All counted, I suppose there would be on average at least double daily BKI/ICN then ?

Said it before - incredible that MH could not sustain a twice weekly service before :)

Close but not there yet. ZE will still operating 4 flights a week to BKI while KE 2 flights a week.

News are running wild that the Dragonair brand will soon cease to exist and it will be rebranded as Cathay Dragon. It will have the same livery as Cathay Pacific, probably with a dragon somewhere in between. Cathay Dragon ? What a name!

http://blogs.crikey.com.au/planetalking/2013/02/17/cathay-dragon-stalks-new-and-less-new-hk-competitors/