MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
Raj

Foreign Carriers and Malaysia

O.O....I wonder what makes AK to make such a sudden decision to quit Dhaka??

My uni mates will not be very happy as AK offers the best timing for them. Did Bangladesh Government imposes new taxes on foreign carriers? AK seems to be suffering from 'fits' in South Asia region to some extent. Firstly Hyderabad and Thiruvanthapuram; now Dhaka. In wonder any others are on the chopping block?

Edited by JuliusWong

O.O....I wonder what makes AK to make such a sudden decision to quit Dhaka??

Well yes, most likely AK need to realign routes served to concentrate on those that deliver optimal returns, due to capacity constraints at KLIA-LCCT :rolleyes: :D

Dhaka route does make money, but forced to drop to serve even more profitable route. Just like AC gave up India's route for China's route.

As Mentioned Just a confirmation of Lion Air Returning back to KL on the CGK-KUL route.

http://airlineroute.net/2011/06/14/jt-cgkkul-s11/

Sad news for BKI spotters. Hong Kong Express is also ending schedule charter to service to BKI.

http://airlineroute.net/2011/06/13/hxuo-s11update/

I guess loads weren't really that good.

As Mentioned Just a confirmation of Lion Air Returning back to KL on the CGK-KUL route.

http://airlineroute.net/2011/06/14/jt-cgkkul-s11/

Sad news for BKI spotters. Hong Kong Express is also ending schedule charter to service to BKI.

If it's a chartered flight, then it's different from a scheduled flight.

Well yes, most likely AK need to realign routes served to concentrate on those that deliver optimal returns, due to capacity constraints at KLIA-LCCT :rolleyes: :D

Dhaka route does make money, but forced to drop to serve even more profitable route. Just like AC gave up India's route for China's route.

Thanks for the insight. Perhaps so. I find that making such a drastic decision in a short period of time(well, half a month notice anyway) really portrays a bad image for the airline. I know some may disagree with me, its just my honest opinion. Very potong steam IMO...

At a press conference yesterday (1 July 2011) marking the inauguration of its first flight from Singapore to Taipei, TransAsia Airways' Chairman Vincent Lin mentioned that the airline hopes to extend its network in Southeast Asia to Malaysia.

KC Sim

Another sad news for BKI. Korean Air gone as well, now codesharing with MAS utilizing MAS aircraft. :-(

Not sure whether Easter Jet is still there...

Hope to see more airlines in BKI. TransAsia, CAL, or CZ.

Aww, thats bad. Should be good news to MAS, more people filling its planes.

Edited by Alif A. F.

Another sad news for BKI. Korean Air gone as well, now codesharing with MAS utilizing MAS aircraft. :-(

Not sure whether Easter Jet is still there...

Korean Air is coming back in late October. It will fly in the 333 on certain weeks.

In and out, aviation industry is definitely having hard time nowadays.

Has Air Niugini pulled out from KLIA? Couldn't find their schedule in KLIA e-timetable anymore, and KUL is not listed in their latest flight schedule/timetable.

Has Air Niugini pulled out from KLIA? Couldn't find their schedule in KLIA e-timetable anymore, and KUL is not listed in their latest flight schedule/timetable.

I've asked the customer support. They said "right now there is no direct flight for KUL-POM vv but it connects either through Hong Kong or Japan in to Port Moresby on certain dates". :huh:

Indonesia Air Asia to cancel Medan – Hong Kong service from mid-Sep 2011

As per Air Asia’s website booking engine listing, Indonesia Air Asia is canceling 4 weekly Medan – Hong Kong service, currently operated by Airbus A320 aircraft.

Last flight operates on 11SEP11. Schedule:

QZ7430 MES1430 – 1935HKG 320 x246

QZ7431 HKG2010 – 2315MES 320 x246

http://airlineroute.net/2011/07/13/qz-meshkg-sep11/

I've asked the customer support. They said "right now there is no direct flight for KUL-POM vv but it connects either through Hong Kong or Japan in to Port Moresby on certain dates". :huh:

Hmmm..If that's the case, I think Air Niugini has pulled out from KLIA temporarily, or maybe for good. If I'm not mistaken they added one or two more flights for POM - SIN.

Indonesia Air Asia to cancel Medan – Hong Kong service from mid-Sep 2011

As per Air Asia’s website booking engine listing, Indonesia Air Asia is canceling 4 weekly Medan – Hong Kong service, currently operated by Airbus A320 aircraft.

Last flight operates on 11SEP11. Schedule:

QZ7430 MES1430 – 1935HKG 320 x246

QZ7431 HKG2010 – 2315MES 320 x246

http://airlineroute.net/2011/07/13/qz-meshkg-sep11/

Mike, this has nothing to do with KUL. This Thread is about Asian Carriers operations with regards to KUL only.

Mike, this has nothing to do with KUL. This Thread is about Asian Carriers operations with regards to KUL only.

Sorry for the erroneous post.

Korean Air is coming back in late October. It will fly in the 333 on certain weeks.

The latest I've heard is that KE will be back in BKI during the northern winter season from 17 Nov 2011 to 27 Feb 2012. I think it's operating 2x weekly Boeing 737-800 red-eye services.

I've also heard that KE will also be sending in a combination of Boeing 747-400 as well as Boeing 777-300ERs during October 2011 to March 2012.

Sheng, can tweak the system a bit and send those 747 to bki arriving at 12pm instead of 12am? :p

Sheng, can tweak the system a bit and send those 747 to bki arriving at 12pm instead of 12am? :p

LOL Wai Ping, wish I could, but "B" is a bit too far from "K" on the keyboard :p

I've also heard that KE will also be sending in a combination of Boeing 747-400 as well as Boeing 777-300ERs during October 2011 to March 2012.

I hope the 747 will be swapped with a larger plane. :D

:good: BKI may not be able to accommodate. :p

There may have been some rumbling in the office pushing for the "large" airplane to come to KUL around Nov/Dec/Jan. However, this is very unlikely :D

One can only dream :p

Tiger Airways SE Asia Service Expansion between Aug and Nov 2011

Tiger Airways has announced service expansion within Asia, with additional 6 Airbus A320 aircraft in service by March 2012, when it’ll have 20 A320s operating out of Singapore.

Accompanied by the fleet expansion, the airline announced a number of routes increased gradually between August and November 2011. Details:

Singapore – Hat Yai eff 11AUG11 Increase from 7 to 10 weekly

Singapore – Kuching eff 11AUG11 Increase from 7 to 10 weekly

Singapore – Taipei eff 11SEP11 Increase from 7 to 10 weekly

Singapore – Tiruchiralpally eff 11SEP11 Increase from 7 to 11 weekly

Singapore – Bangkok eff 11SEP11 Increase from 28 to 31 weekly eff 11NOV11 Increase to 35 weekly

Singapore – Guangzhou eff 11NOV11 Increase from 7 to 10 weekly

Singapore – Jakarta Temporary service increase from 14 to 19 weekly 21AUG11 – 04SEP11

http://airlineroute.net/2011/07/27/tr-asia-aug11/

SIN - KCH is definitely getting a boost of traffic!