MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
Raj

Foreign Carriers and Malaysia

that one is a chartered flights. Besides JHB,other Malaysian airports such as PEN,BKI,KCH,LGK and KUA also will receive several chartered flights from Hong Kong,Seoul,Taiwan and Mainland China during CNY

Understand QV (Lao Airlines) is negotiating to purchase 2 A320 for delivery after upgrading work at LPQ is completed.

BKI is the only pax destination served by OZ;while they operating 744Fs to PEN.

but cannot book bki-icn online, though it is in the schedule... <_<

but cannot book bki-icn online, though it is in the schedule... <_>

I believe you have to go thru travel agents and most of them sell tickets on OZ/KE. However, getting tickets on Eastar Jet may be difficult.

I stumbled upon this piece of news in the BKI spotting thread:

Korean Air suspended their flight from 17May to 30Nov2011. So better take you "last" KE shoot before XXXXXX

But Jim's blog suggested otherwise http://airlineroute.net/2011/01/13/ke-s11-asiaupdate2/

Seoul Incheon – Kota Kinabalu 15JUL11 – 27AUG11 Increase from 2 to 4 weekly

So which one is correct?

I stumbled upon this piece of news in the BKI spotting thread:

But Jim's blog suggested otherwise http://airlineroute.net/2011/01/13/ke-s11-asiaupdate2/

So which one is correct?

Yoong is right. There will only be 4x weekly KE flights, all operated by MAS aircraft. I guess the original plan was to increase the flight frequency but the plan was shelved.

Edited by Isaac

Another new one to add into BKI's collection. Taiwan’s Mandarin Airlines from 25JUN11 begins Taichung – Kota Kinabalu service on board Embraer E190 aircraft. Service operates every 4 days, and only available through local tour packages out of Taiwan. http://airlineroute.net/2011/05/25/ae-bkikch-s11/

Another new one to add into BKI's collection. Taiwan’s Mandarin Airlines from 25JUN11 begins Taichung – Kota Kinabalu service on board Embraer E190 aircraft. Service operates every 4 days, and only available through local tour packages out of Taiwan. http://airlineroute.net/2011/05/25/ae-bkikch-s11/

Can you hear me screaming all the way from Kuching? 4 days apart...must be seasonal charter...interesting...can some one from BKI ask how much a return ticket is minus the tour? Thanks!

By the sound of it, will be restricted to those from Taiwan coming here on tour packages

Don't think us Malaysians will be able to travel to Taiwan on this

Looks like night stopping here too - still get chance to see those jungle jets in early morning light (very early :) )

Lion Air (JT) will reinstate their flight to KUL from CGK starting June 29 with their B737-900ER

CGK-KUL 0905 1205

KUL-CGK 1300 1400

promo tickets starts from RM 76 one way...good way to try their B737-900ER

Edited by jjfirdaus

Lion Air (JT) will reinstate their flight to KUL from CGK starting June 29 with their B737-900ER

CGK-KUL 0905 1205

KUL-CGK 1300 1400

promo tickets starts from RM 76 one way...good way to try their B737-900ER

Just checked on weekend fares return RM262..it's a good deal to try B739..

Darn !!! :finger: That's just 4 days after the MW Anniversary :blink:

(Guess, I've better go back to SGN to spot them daily)

Suspension of Kuala Lumpur - Dhaka (Bangladesh) flights

AirAsia would like to inform all guests and partners that the following flights will be suspended indefinitely effective 1 July 2011:

◦AK148 from Kuala Lumpur - Dhaka

◦AK149 from Dhaka - Kuala Lumpur

This is a quote from AK website....i thought that this route was one of AK's cash cow....just my 2 cents

p/s : MOD please remove this post if its wrongly posted.....

Edited by jjfirdaus

Based on 2010's statistics, Dhaka recorded 452,442 passengers movement in KUL, with growth of +33.6%. The traffic is shared between 5 airlines - MH, AK, Biman, United and GMG. It is the 13th busiest destination in KUL ahead of London Heathrow, Phuket, Perth, Amsterdam, Shanghai, Chennai and Tokyo Narita.

I wonder why AK decided to pull out from the route?