MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
Ja Singh

MAS New Boeing 737-800s with Sky Interior

Hello,

The next 737 is 9M-MLJ 737-8FZ 39319 and is due to deliver on 2 March.

Expect 9M-MXD to deliver mid to late March, but no date set yet.

:)

9M-MXD now has delivery date loaded for 15 March. :)

Was on KUL-MNL-KUL on 24/25 Feb. I thought it would be one of the new birds, but no, it is one of the leased 738s.

Yup, MLI was leased one same as MLJ incoming. I think new birds will using registration number sequence MX*.

The new birds, do they have the same seating arrangement as MLA & MLB? Considering they came from Babcock & Brown I'm assuming it is.

FFA(MLA) and FFB (MLB) were originally leased to LCCs by ILFC. So they carry the LCC configuration. I believe MH did modify some of the seating to "business class" later on.

I think the new build aircraft like MLI and MLJ should feature similar seating to the owned B738s.

Did it arrive already at SZB/KUL ?

Surely, it flew BFI-HNL on the 15th: 2011-03-15 MAS5473 B738 KBFI-PHNL 9M-MXD 40131 750204...

Does anyone know if a pilot is to take delivery of the new MH aircraft from Boeing, do they fly on MH metals to LAX and then transfer across to a domestic airline to Seattle? Or do they fly on any metal to reach Seattle?

MH to LAX and Alaska Airlines to SEA

Oh, I remember those seats on the leased 738s...they were really tight and quite uncomfortable, especially for flights longer than 2 hours. :(

Just flew from Kunming to KL on their new sky interior 738. The seats were horribly tight, hardly any legroom for comfort. Felt so much like budget airline.

Really shocking for an airline that claims itself to be some 5 star value carrier.

The flight was only 60-70% full. They can't fill the planes, don't know why want to squeeze in so many seats to make life miserable for passengers.

There's this thread going on in a.net now about Sky Interior and people's feedback.

http://www.airliners.net/aviation-forums/general_aviation/read.main/5096264/

I think its just a matter of adapting to change. A lot of airlines in the world are going for more seats in a plane through tighter pitch, with slimline seats. More and more airlines are doing this, especially if its on a narrowbody fleet.

I just don't understand why the medium-haul 737-800s (9M-MX_)have the same seat number as the incoming domestic aircraft. If MH wants to have two types of 737-800, surely they can reduce the seat number in medium-haul aircraft to make it more comfortable for passengers.

I just don't understand why the medium-haul 737-800s (9M-MX_)have the same seat number as the incoming domestic aircraft. If MH wants to have two types of 737-800, surely they can reduce the seat number in medium-haul aircraft to make it more comfortable for passengers.

Because the medium-haul 738s are also used on domestic flights.

But, as mentioned in another thread, the domestic 737-800 will not feature PTV. So, it seems MH wants to have two types of 737-800, but does not consider passenger's comfort for the flights longer than 2 hours. I've tried the leased 737-800 before (similar pitch and seat no. as 9M-MX_), and it was really tight. I can't imagine myself sitting for the whole 5-6 hours to HND and ICN.

But, as mentioned in another thread, the domestic 737-800 will not feature PTV. So, it seems MH wants to have two types of 737-800, but does not consider passenger's comfort for the flights longer than 2 hours. I've tried the leased 737-800 before (similar pitch and seat no. as 9M-MX_), and it was really tight. I can't imagine myself sitting for the whole 5-6 hours to HND and ICN.

IIRC, the domestic 738s will have PTVs, but the overhead versions rather than personal ones.