MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
Ja Singh

MAS New Boeing 737-800s with Sky Interior

Since MH to take 16x 738 in 2012, why MH need to lease at least 9x 738 for 2 years? :sorry:

Where are you getting 16x brand new 738's from Mate? Care to share your source?

When is MAS painting their first existing fleets with the new livery, any idea anyone :)

Usually the new livery is painted on only when an aircraft is due for repainting. For example, some of TG aircraft are still sporting the old livery, even after a few years of their livery change.

Edited by Radzi

The second MH B738 should be with us soon. Hope it comes into SZB again for additional IFE installation works. :)

Here is a pix of the plane on Boeing test mission: Malaysia Airlines 9M-MXB

5165149569_7ec0ffaa36_z.jpg

Usually the new livery is painted on only when an aircraft is due for repainting. For example, some of TG aircraft are still sporting the old livery, even after a few years of their livery change.

If that's bad, United in America's probably much worse. They have lots of planes in the old liver and not only that, the paint's peeling on some of the old livery planes!

http://plixi.com/p/57004934

The plane readying to fly to BKI now. Tweeting/posting live from Rimba loungue at KLIA.

9M-MXB and MXC confirmed to be on its way within the next 6 weeks, and 9M-MXA and 9M-MXB will be based at BKI.

More updates as it comes

Edited by Sharil Abdul Rahman

Updating in the plane haha.

First seat impression - nice and comfy.

Leather feels supple and it is very comfortable.

Seat pitch is actually good, and yes, power sockets for every class and every seat.

http://plixi.com/p/57016521 new IFE. Touch screen too!

Edited by Sharil Abdul Rahman

Seat pitch is actually good, and yes, power sockets for every class and every seat.

Thanks shahril for updating. The seat a bit light or heavy?

Great news about power-sockets! How's the IFE? What does the USB port do? Charge and connect to IFE? Or just one or the other?

Hope you can answer, thanks.

Nit picking but isnt it 2 power sockets for every 3 Y seats?

Ikman: not sure what you mean by light or heavy. It is comfortable for the two hour flight from KUL to kk.

Jani: for now its power only but tengku said possible to have media playback in the future.

Mushrif: well it is a socket for a trio of seats yes. But yes power possible for every seat.

Mushrif: well it is a socket for a trio of seats yes. But yes power possible for every seat.

Not "a" socket, but two plug-in sockets for a trio of Y seats. I believe the sockets are located in between the seats.

I have no doubt that MYY will be the last place to be serviced by the 738's and by that time I will have lost all feeling in my backside after MYY-KUL-MYY twice a week in the worn out 734's for the last year and for the next two :angry:

Edited by Norman Bates

That aircraft landed on Runway 15 with wind of 320/16kts.. I was wondering , why dont they land on runway 33 since its so strong tailwind..

Haven't heard of anybody landing on runway 33 SZB since 1998.

Due to the proximity of KUL, landing in SZB is almost always on runway 15. The ILS for runway 33 are no longer there. Takeoff from runway 15 will be followed by a quick turn to the right or left.

Haven't heard of anybody landing on runway 33 SZB since 1998.

Due to the proximity of KUL, landing in SZB is almost always on runway 15. The ILS for runway 33 are no longer there. Takeoff from runway 15 will be followed by a quick turn to the right or left.

I thought it would land runway 33 because i've seen FY flying low over Subang Jaya to land at Runway 33. And seen many small aircraft landing there too.

Thanks for the clarification Capt!

Edited by Liew Hon Kit