MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
Ja Singh

MAS New Boeing 737-800s with Sky Interior

any one notice any changes on the fin logo? maybe its just me.. but i think the logo is not "italic" or "aerodynamic" compared to the older logo...

Did you notice the difference of the overhead lockers ?

AK: doors open upward

MH: open/slide downwards...

Prefer the slide downwards type. Don't have to lift your stuff as high to put it in.

Opposing design philosophies of manufacturer A vs manufacturer B :lol:

Yes, Boeing has gone retro - I remember the hinged lockers on the old B742s (not sure about the B743s though). However this means that the weight is supported by the hinge. If the aircraft hits severe turbulence, the lockers may open and empty its load if they are overloaded.

Who knows, your wish may come true...perhaps a giant fat sticker will be placed near the front door when ribbons are cut to launch the new livery...

MOD will be done on the livery... they will add on the 1Malaysia logo in front.

Bingo !! :D

My take on the interior is as follows

Looks good and I like the fact that an IFE has been added however as somebody of the larger and taller side of things comfort is a key factor for me. Personally I don’t really care if it’s the interior is new or one from the 1980’s as long as there is comfort. I’d rather sit in a comfortable seat looking at a dated design then squashed like a sardine in a new seat going wow doesn’t the new interior look good but legs are so squashed.

I’m really hoping that MAS hasn’t made the leg room too night!

In this month's issue of Going Places, there is a small write up on the new MH 738 interior. Seat pitch of 42' in C and 30' in Y - touted as 'larger seat pitch' compared to 734, without qualification... forgot to take a copy home yesterday. Could someone scan and post it here?

Do they carry any neck pillow on top of the small pillow they currently have?

question for Capt. Radzi - assuming you will fly the new planes soon, do you need to get some sort of certification or can you just fly it immediately? Or will the next 2 weeks be used by the pilots for familiarization exercises and the like? MH has a few hundred 737 pilots right?

B734 and B738 are completely different rating. You either fly one or the other.

will they have the cup holders on the outside of the traytables fot the rest of the rest of the undelivered aircraft. it has been overlooked.

I love the colour and look of the interior. They have got it right this time.

MLF,MLG,MLH,MLI,MLJ,MLK,MLL,MLM,MLN - Operating Lease from Nomura Babcock Brown. All brand new from Renton. But interior not as high spec as Xray fleet.

MLF,MLG,MLH,MLI,MLJ,MLK,MLL,MLM,MLN - Operating Lease from Nomura Babcock Brown. All brand new from Renton. But interior not as high spec as Xray fleet.

Hi Azahan, will this mean that they are leasing in additional B738's? At the moment it stands at MLH. Are we looking at another 6 leased B738's joining the fleet.

Hi Azahan, will this mean that they are leasing in additional B738's? At the moment it stands at MLH. Are we looking at another 6 leased B738's joining the fleet.

Looks like the six may actually end up with FY!

Yup. So far up to 'N'. Xray fleet delivery will be slow as only 3 for 2010 and 4 for 2011. It may accelerate but as of now is unlikely. And will only shoot up to 16 for 2012. Thus leased aircraft will cater for shortfall for time being.

It made its first flight on 29 October - so delivery should be soon.

Here some info

Boeing Seattle (Part 05)

C/n Type Line Regs.

40128 737-8H6/W --- 9M-MXA

40129 737-8H6/W --- 9M-MXB

40130 737-8H6/W --- 9M-MXC

40131 737-8H6/W --- 9M-MXD

Yup. So far up to 'N'. Xray fleet delivery will be slow as only 3 for 2010 and 4 for 2011. It may accelerate but as of now is unlikely. And will only shoot up to 16 for 2012. Thus leased aircraft will cater for shortfall for time being.

cheers,

thanks for that info Azahan.

Since MH to take 16x 738 in 2012, why MH need to lease at least 9x 738 for 2 years? :sorry: