MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
Ja Singh

MAS New Boeing 737-800s with Sky Interior

The new look cabin will go down well with passengers...i wonder when will we actually experience this cabin?

Late next year i believe.

very beautiful new interior. will be delighted if MH spend extra money for passenger comfort. slightly off topic. just read at a.net that korean air will refurbish their in-flight facilities. correct me if i'm wrong, i thought KE refurbish their fleet around the same time MH refurbish theirs. if its true, MH products is one step behind their competitor. :sorry:

Edited by suadrif

very beautiful new interior. will be delighted if MH spend extra money for passenger comfort. slightly off topic. just read at a.net that korean air will refurbish their in-flight facilities. correct me if i'm wrong, i thought KE refurbish their fleet around the same time MH refurbish theirs. if its true, MH products is one step behind their competitor. :sorry:

They did. In fact, the Business and First Class of KE are the same as those on MH 744/772 and TG 744/772NON-ER/345/346.

In A.net, it says that they will unveil another new types of product, which will make its debut on their very first 77W which is due to enter service in late May. It also says that the new KE Prestige Class (Business Class) will feature 74" of seat pitch and it can be converted into a fully flat bed, NOT a slanted flat bed.

A few weeks ago, a fellow A.net member said an airline from far east will be installing the CIRRUS business class seat into their 380. I wondered if the airline is KE ...

The Nation

Azmil also said "We will also be taking delivery of the new 737-800 Boeing Sky Interior by the end of 2010. Customers will enjoy better ambience, higher ceilings, mood lighting, In-flight Entertainment on every business and economy class seats which offers audio and video on demand, and latest generation light weight seats. Mobile connectivity services will be offered in the future".

Yeah

This is the only way forward for MH. Offering IFE on domestic routes might resulting in some quarters to switch team favouring MH, in my opinion. And please, stick to your BTPs (sorry Kenneth, but asking MH to reinstate KCH-PER vv, which has proven to be very unprofitable in the past is like taking a step back and probing to repeat history unnecessarily; unless the economic proves otherwise).

This is the only way forward for MH. Offering IFE on domestic routes might resulting in some quarters to switch team favouring MH, in my opinion. And please, stick to your BTPs (sorry Kenneth, but asking MH to reinstate KCH-PER vv, which has proven to be very unprofitable in the past is like taking a step back and probing to repeat history unnecessarily; unless the economic proves otherwise).

It's wishful thinking la Azizul...heck KCH can't even retain QZ's CGK-KCH...the future of KCH is sealed...in other words non-existent!

Not sure if the domestic flights will feature IFE - the screens are more for info and marketing messages I think! Since the aircraft are used for regional routes too, that is when IFE might be sold at additional cost.

As a frequent traveller, minimum expactations for the baby 738s would be: -

01 GCCL Flat bed seats, don't mind angle if its used 4 hours n below

02 "noise concealed" earphones @ GCCL

03 Good Wall seperation between GCCL n EYCL , not just curtains. If possible Insulated wall preferred , to avoid nosies of children crying nuissance being heard at GCCL from 1st few rows of EYCL.

04 Minimum pitch no less than 34" in EYCL

05 AVOD at least 200 channel options in both classes

06 LIVE sports TV and local news channels for FREE for both classes

07 Silent Movies ( without earphones required ) for flights less than 1:15 hours for ALL

08 GCCL toilet be equipped with Bidet facility ( similar to 744s/772s)

09 Magazine racks to be retained in GCCL and to include EYCL as well.

10 No need for phones at every seat , but equipped with transmitter for ordinary mobile phones capability during flights.

11 I-phone / I pod hook ups to IFE for ALL classes.

12 laptop hookups to internet n power facilities , at least in GCCL

13 Mini fridge at every GCCL seats :pardon:

14 Mineral water storage at every seats in GCCL n EYCL

15 Uptodate info on destination ( currency , climate, road traffic...etc.) embedded within IFE, not just baggage carousel or flight transfers.

16 Temptations on line orders embedded within IFE

17 Online MH booking / reservation tracking system within IFE, including meal requests , seat requests ...etc.

The above r not x'mas / new year wishes, but I would say the minimum needed to ensure that MH remains a true 5 star n comparable to u know who....

yea yea, LIVE sports TV. Imagine watching a premier league game onboard. How cool is tat :clapping:

Hehehehe - imagine you are on a one hour flight and the plane lands 10 mins before the end of the game. Potong stim? :rofl:

I think MH should re-condsider

AOR-KBR

AOR-JHB

AOR-HKG

AOR-SIN

AOR-BKI

AOR-KCH

AOR-MAA

AOR-CNX

AOR-BKK

AOR-CGK

AOR-NRT (738 can, if low load)

sorry, i'm from AOR... ;)

03 Good Wall seperation between GCCL n EYCL , not just curtains. If possible Insulated wall preferred , to avoid nosies of children crying nuissance being heard at GCCL from 1st few rows of EYCL.

07 Silent Movies ( without earphones required ) for flights less than 1:15 hours for ALL

10 No need for phones at every seat , but equipped with transmitter for ordinary mobile phones capability during flights.

15 Uptodate info on destination ( currency , climate, road traffic...etc.) embedded within IFE, not just baggage carousel or flight transfers.

17 Online MH booking / reservation tracking system within IFE, including meal requests , seat requests ...etc.

The above r not x'mas / new year wishes, but I would say the minimum needed to ensure that MH remains a true 5 star n comparable to u know who....

Wow...now that's a whole list of WISHFUL THINKING...hahaha...no offence! Some great ideas there by the way!

Excuse me, only C/J class pax's behind needs to be clean is it? Y WC needs bidet too...btw, MH 747/777 have bidet installed? Now that revolutionized the whole toilet experience in Malaysia...hehehe!

OK HERE IS WHAT I WANT FOR Y....

Thompson Cosy Suite

HEHEHE!

Excuse me, only C/J class pax's behind needs to be clean is it? Y WC needs bidet too...btw, MH 747/777 have bidet installed? Now that revolutionized the whole toilet experience in Malaysia...hehehe!

It's not a separate bidet if that's what you're thinking, but a bidet facility that functions as such, built into the wc.

You left out the bowling alley and the jacuzzi...

Great, but...the 738s are for MH, a commercial entity. Not 738s for Brunei's Sultan's Flight or the UAE's royal fleet.

I'm sure MH and its vendors can do all those that you want - but the resulting ticket prices, to make the numbers work, will be beyond what MH's target clientele is willing to pay.