MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
Ja Singh

MAS New Boeing 737-800s with Sky Interior

any sky interior and PTV on ML -8H6 series? :rolleyes:

Unless the planes were ordered with Sky interior, they won't have it. AFAIK none of them have Sky interior. They also definitely have no PTV either.

Unless the planes were ordered with Sky interior, they won't have it. AFAIK none of them have Sky interior. They also definitely have no PTV either.

ohh..i see..hoping at least they got the flip down screen..

9M-MLM 39323/3885 delivery planned for 12 Jan. First flight was yesterday as BOE091. This is a Babcock & Brown leased one, although it's an 8H6 and not an 8FZ like the others.

Interesting - could MH have done a sale and leaseback for this and future 8H6 aircraft?

Interesting - could MH have done a sale and leaseback for this and future 8H6 aircraft?

I don't think that is the case here. 39323 is in the middle of a BBAM order block so the order was placed by them, not MAS. 9M-MLM is the first of a new "sub block" within that order block so may actually have Sky Int, but that's just a guess on my part.

MSN.. BLOCK REG'N. VAR.

39319 YF129 9M-MLJ 8FZ

39320 YF130 9M-FFF 8FZ (9M-MLK NTU)

39321 YF131 9M-MLK 8FZ

39322 YF132 9M-MLL 8FZ

39323 YR091 9M-MLM 8H6

39324 YR092 9M-MLN 8H6

39325 YR093 9M-MLO 8H6

MAS' own ones are in 40128- block starting YR051-.

I don't think that is the case here. 39323 is in the middle of a BBAM order block so the order was placed by them, not MAS. 9M-MLM is the first of a new "sub block" within that order block so may actually have Sky Int, but that's just a guess on my part.

MSN.. BLOCK REG'N. VAR.

39319 YF129 9M-MLJ 8FZ

39320 YF130 9M-FFF 8FZ (9M-MLK NTU)

39321 YF131 9M-MLK 8FZ

39322 YF132 9M-MLL 8FZ

39323 YR091 9M-MLM 8H6

39324 YR092 9M-MLN 8H6

39325 YR093 9M-MLO 8H6

MAS' own ones are in 40128- block starting YR051-.

9M-FFF was re-registered as 9M-MLK?

MH will get more B738 this year, ML-series to MLR and MX-series to MXN.

MS-series will come next year, to be used for short-haul sectors. It will have less-powerful engines and lower MTOW but with the same cabin interior (BSI). There will be a total of 20 MS-series B738.

MH will get more B738 this year, ML-series to MLR and MX-series to MXN.

So the soon to be delivered ML-series 73H will feature the Sky interior too just like the MX-series ?

MS-series will come next year, to be used for short-haul sectors. It will have less-powerful engines and lower MTOW but with the same cabin interior (BSI). There will be a total of 20 MS-series B738.

No winglet for these ? And how about AVOD in C and Y ?

If I remember correctly, there are 35 firm orders and around 20 options. But I have no idea how many leased planes they are looking for.

If I remember correctly, there are 35 firm orders and around 20 options. But I have no idea how many leased planes they are looking for.

Actually is 45+10

So the soon to be delivered ML-series 73H will feature the Sky interior too just like the MX-series ?

The -MLM, N, O etc onwards already have the same seats & interior as the -MX series.

I was under the impression that all current MAB 737's have IFE.

A friend just went to HKG on what I believe was 9M-MLI and there was no IFE installed. Passengers were given a handheld TV with 5 movies to watch.

Any idea how many more are like this?

I think those without IFE are the leased aircrafts or ex Firefly (if there are still in use?) - maybe non BSI. Not sure if I am right, as I think I have taken some of those planes before.

handhelds are only given to biz pax on flights exceeding 3hrs on 738s with no PTVs.

Ex fireflys (9M-FF series) and 9M-MLseries (until and including -MLL) have no PTVs. -MLM onwards have PTVs, and so do all -MXseries and all - MS series.

Has anyone try to plug in their own thumb drive to access their own library of files on the IFE?

In today's day and age where responsive touch screens are so common, using the older, pressure sensitive touch screens can be frustrating.

I have tried the USB feature and I personally did not find it useful at all. It can view pictures and play MP3s. I could do all that on my tablet...

The big problem for me with MH IFE is that the fact that the undersea boxes take up far too much space. Whatd10t decided to use this system?