MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
Ja Singh

MAS New Boeing 737-800s with Sky Interior

9M-MLJ delivers to BBAM on 21 Sep and is leased to MAS. Expect it to leave BFI next day.

9M-MXF rolls out on 23 Sep with delivery expected mid October.

More new leased ones coming via BBAM :

39323/4/5 9M-MLM/N/O 737-8H6 (note not 8FZ, strangely)

:good:

9M-MLJ delivers to BBAM on 21 Sep and is leased to MAS. Expect it to leave BFI next day.

39323/4/5 9M-MLM/N/O 737-8H6 (note not 8FZ, strangely)

Rob,

It is not MLJ.. it is MLK..

737-8H6.. you know what it means..

Rob,

By the sound of things, these new leased birds will come with the sky interior?

Rob,

Yeah finger trouble. <_<

And yes I'm aware that H6 is MAS' code but it's rather strange that BBAM suddenly changed it for the next batch.

Yeah finger trouble. <_>

And yes I'm aware that H6 is MAS' code but it's rather strange that BBAM suddenly changed it for the next batch.

Does it mean it isn't leased?

But, Drewski listed -MLK as being -8FZ.

9M-MLK MH5403 22SEP2011

Routing: KBFI-PHNL-PKMJ-PGUM-WMKK

9M-MLK finally arrived KUL yesterday @1309LT..

Sapokk!! Nice photo...

Does it mean it isn't leased?

But, Drewski listed -MLK as being -8FZ.

No. They're all leased in the 9M-ML* block (the later ones at least). FZ is Babcock & Brown's customer code with Boeing. 9M-MLL/M/N are leased from them as well, but are adopting MASs customer code for reasons unknown. This happens with all other leasing companies except GECAS who refuse to let the airline use their own customer code, it's always their own - 6N.

On a separate note, 9M-MXF delivers on Oct 19.

Pardon my ignorance but i seriously do not get what message you are trying to convey here. Flydubai was the first airline in the world to feature the new signature interior on its 738 while MAS was the second (it's the first for full service carrier though). The newly delivered 737NG to Tuifly has it too and so does Air Berlin's. Continental Airlines (now United) has taken delivery of one new 738 in the new signature interior too, if i'm not mistaken.

It's time for MAS to revamp its strategy ? I think they knew all along that many other airlines who take delivery of the 737NG after them will have the signature interior too.

Edited by Isaac

It's just a matter of time before someone gets the best Boeing has to offer.

The Sky Interior is not an airline-specific option. Any airline can have the Sky Interior fitted on their 737NG if they want to, and according to Flight International 83% of all new 737NG are going to be fitted with the Sky Interior.

IIRC, current Boeing or B737 customers* will have the option of having BSI fitted in. However, new Boeing or B737 customers* will be 'forced' to have BSI fitted in.

* I forgot if it was Boeing or B737 customers already. If my memory serves me right, it's B737 customers.

I could've sworn that MAS was the only airline that used Sky Interior for its B738,

If "its" refers to MAS, then yes, you are absolutely 1000% correct. MAS is and will remain the only airline that uses the Sky Interior for MAS'738s.

Qantas who will be nth BSI operator also uses it in their campaign (on Twitter at least). I don't see what's wrong with MH campaign at all, being the second (and first full-service) operator. They're still operating BSI aircraft and they don't claim they're the ONLY operator.

Never been on a BSI configured bird myself

Hence, very intrigued to know whether it really makes a difference ?

And is it worth all the hype being bandied about ?

:pardon:

Just wondering were those technology being implemented on MH's B777 before this?