MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
Ja Singh

MAS New Boeing 737-800s with Sky Interior

BKI-HND is by no means regional.

For sub-2 hours flights IFE may not be necessary but once beyond that they could use more entertainment. Reckon MS* will not have IFE and meant for domestic ops.

I stated "most". They currently have 4 of those aircraft. More than enough to meet their frequencies for HND/ICN/KIX/PER.

I stated "most". They currently have 4 of those aircraft. More than enough to meet their frequencies for HND/ICN/KIX/PER.

These a/c are meant to fly routes like BKK and CGK as well and their rivals have their a/c deployed on their routes equipped with IFE as well. If MH wants to stay relevant they need to be able to offer some form of IFE as well.

Heck they could use IFE on KUL-BKI or the likes as well.

Even with the IFE, those planes feel very budget. Can't imagine them without. They need them to "distract" the passengers from the horrible leg room.

Amongst others, MH should either play silent comedies or handout headphones for use with the PTVs on the 738s even on domestic sector KUL-BKI - to showcase one of its frills and make a real product differentiation with AK. As a comparison, SQ hands out headphones for use with the PTVs on the 772 services SIN-BWN vv, which is a shorter flying time than KUL-BKI. (In case some smarty pant responds by stating that you cannot finish a movie within that time, I'll pre-empt that by saying there are many documentaries and sitcoms that can be enjoyed completely within the flying time across the South China sea.) The system is already installed on the plance, so use it. The marginal cost is likely to be very small.

Otherwise, there is little to differentiate it from FY or even AK and MH will continue to play the lowest-fare game to the detriment of its yields.

And bring back proper trays for EY meals, with better quality, quantity and better presentation.

Edited by Mushrif A

Amongst others, MH should either play silent comedies or handout headphones for use with the PTVs on the 738s even on domestic sector KUL-BKI - to showcase one of its frills and make a real product differentiation with AK. As a comparison, SQ hands out headphones for use with the PTVs on the 772 services SIN-BWN vv, which is a shorter flying time than KUL-BKI. (In case some smarty pant responds by stating that you cannot finish a movie within that time, I'll pre-empt that by saying there are many documentaries and sitcoms that can be enjoyed completely within the flying time across the South China sea.) The system is already installed on the plance, so use it. The marginal cost is likely to be very small.

Otherwise, there is little to differentiate it from FY or even AK and MH will continue to play the lowest-fare game to the detriment of its yields.

And bring back proper trays for EY meals, with better quality, quantity and better presentation.

All the way with you on that one.

I was on the flight to KMG on yesterday, early Sunday. It was a bit disappointing the deployed B738 aircraft was not the brand new B738 with sky interior. It was a leased aircraft. Hopefully on the way back could fly on the brand new B738.

I've already flown once on KCH - BKI leg. Love it!

The order rush for Airbus's A320neo at the Paris air show saw commitments for the re-engined narrowbody soar to over 1,000 units, leaving observers pondering whether some potential customers may have missed the boat for early delivery slots.

Airbus's chief salesman John Leahy was riding high at Le Bourget, as customers almost had to form a queue at the manufacturer's chalet to announce A320neo deals. The highlight of its busy week was Tony Fernandes' raucous signing ceremony, where he announced a record-breaking deal for 200 A320neos.