MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
Ja Singh

MAS New Boeing 737-800s with Sky Interior

Not good in Y and not much better in C. I wouldnt fly on this aircraft on those overnight flights to ICN or HND. Anything more than 3hrs will not be comfortable. I suspect the new GA 738s may be more spacious.

The seat pitch is like sitting on a chair ?

Nope. The pitch of MH's Y in the new 738 is actually 30 inches. Their website stated that and it does feel that way. Like I said, the old 734s actually feel a bit more spacious, but you're supposed to be distracted by the IFE on the 738s.

The Boeing document shows that 738s have an option to adopt flat aft bulkhead galley. Does anyone know if MH ordered that option?

Not sure if MH opted for the larger or flat aft bulkhead galley, but the front galley is the larger version, with storage facilities on the port side as well. (On the 734, the port side only has storage for coats & magazines)

Edited by Mushrif A

Nope. The pitch of MH's Y in the new 738 is actually 30 inches. Their website stated that and it does feel that way. Like I said, the old 734s actually feel a bit more spacious, but you're supposed to be distracted by the IFE on the 738s.

30" is tight! They should provide 32" pitch if these birds are being used for international routes. <_>

Yup, the pitch seat new MH B738NG it was 30" from my observation. Maybe this picture can help us to evaluate the pitch and looks like a fat guy beside me uncomfortable plus no window. A bit weird no window at my seat row.

15022011187_.jpg

I guess this is how MH managed to squeeze 160 seats into the B738. 30" seat pitch is only marginally better than the 29" on the AirAsia Airbus A320s.

Yup, the pitch seat new MH B738NG it was 30" from my observation. Maybe this picture can help us to evaluate the pitch and looks like a fat guy beside me uncomfortable plus no window. A bit weird no window at my seat row.

15022011187_.jpg

That must be row 9. Horrible isn't it? No window in a window seat, tight pitch. And I bet you the ground staff that checks in pax have no inkling which row has no windows and would be a disservice to pax requesting a window seat but ended up allocated 9A or 9F (or row 7 on the 734s)

That must be row 9. Horrible isn't it? No window in a window seat, tight pitch. And I bet you the ground staff that checks in pax have no inkling which row has no windows and would be a disservice to pax requesting a window seat but ended up allocated 9A or 9F (or row 7 on the 734s)

This is cabin for MXB row 8, I seated at 8C while that guy at 8A, but I saw row 8 for seats 8D/E/F had a window.

That must be row 9. Horrible isn't it? No window in a window seat, tight pitch

Can get worse I think - when the person in front decides to recline :p

This is cabin for MXB row 8, I seated at 8C while that guy at 8A, but I saw row 8 for seats 8D/E/F had a window.

You're right. I' checked again and 8A has no wdw but 8F has. 9A has a wdw but not 9F. Though the 9A wdw is not immediately next to the seat.

Edited by Mushrif A

15022011187_.jpg

The guy looks like he's slumping in the seat. I probably have the same size gut he's got and didn't have any problem sitting up straight in an AK A320 seat (not the hot seats, of course).

The seats in EY on MAS new 738 is very tight and it is even worse on the leased version that has no PTV.

The seats in EY on MAS new 738 is very tight and it is even worse on the leased version that has no PTV.

Oh, I remember those seats on the leased 738s...they were really tight and quite uncomfortable, especially for flights longer than 2 hours. :(

Anyone else noticed that the latest MH livery somehow accentuates the 'double barrel' profile of the 737's fuselage ?

Never in all these years with the 734's has it been noticeable, nor the old liveried 738's (to me at least) but it's come quite apparent lately with the new 737-8H6's

:pardon:

The latest leased bird, 9M-MLJ (CN 39319) was delivered to MH on 2 March 2011.

Anyone knows when it will arrive in KUL or SZB?

Some additional info for 9M-MLI :-

L/N 3503 C/N 31793 B737-8FZ 9M-MLI MALAYSIAN

Leased from BABCOCK & BROWN A/C MANAGEMENT

Call Sign MAS5403 Hex Code 750238 Sel-Cal CS-ER

Aircraft was painted at Renton

Here a photo of 9M-MLI that i capture

DSCN0126.jpg