MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
Ja Singh

MAS New Boeing 737-800s with Sky Interior

What's MXA doing in ICN? BKI-ICN? Didn't know there was such a route!

It's been there for years now. Previously served by an A333, originating from KUL.

9M-MXB inaugurated the airline's new MH121/120 Kota Kinabalu / Perth service today 16/01.

Cheers GW

Unfortunetly, on MH120/28Jan PER-BKI, MH use an older aircraft. :sorry:

Unfortunetly, on MH120/28Jan PER-BKI, MH use an older aircraft. :sorry:

They are so inconsistent. No wonder they are losing customers.

A lot of other airlines are inconsistent too when they are transitioning from an older a/c to a newer one. The other carrier in malaysia included. CX/EK/ even the great SQ were once limited by this as well. We need to understand that MAS is in transition to a better productline, and a more streamlined fleet and onboard product.

Now if you're saying a certain route should get a constant aircraft type, youre absolutely right. But right now, when there's only 3 new 738s in operation, they are well limited by rotation of aircraft and optimization of its hours.

Nobody gets 35 aircraft (and gets rid of 30 odd old aircraft) all in the same month.

Hello,

The next 737 is 9M-MLJ 737-8FZ 39319 and is due to deliver on 2 March.

Expect 9M-MXE to deliver mid to late March, but no date set yet.

:)

What about MXD Rob? Already Delivered?

Good point. Could be a typo or they could be missing out MXD. I've raised the question with my source so stand by pls. :)

Managed to dig up some upcoming MH deliveries (dunno the delivery dates):

9M-MLJ CN 39319 LN 3564

9M-MLK CN 39320 LN ????

9M-MXD CN 40131 LN ????

9M-MXE CN 40132 LN ????

It would appear that the leased aircraft will arrive before the MX series deliveries continue.

Edited by flee

Hello,

The next 737 is 9M-MLJ 737-8FZ 39319 and is due to deliver on 2 March.

Expect 9M-MXE to deliver mid to late March, but no date set yet.

:)

9M-MXE should indeed read 9M-MXD. Typo from my source.

Thanks for pointing out Roj. :)

9M-MXE should indeed read 9M-MXD. Typo from my source.

Thanks for pointing out Roj. :)

Cheers and No worries Rob,

thanks for that.

With more of the B737-8H6 arrivals, there will be more consistency of service product on the routes that are being plied by these aircraft currently.

Flew on the new 738 last night (LGK - KUL). It was Impressive. Mind if i ask, the in- flight entertainment system is not meant for short haul route is it?

Flew on the new 738 last night (LGK - KUL). It was Impressive. Mind if i ask, the in- flight entertainment system is not meant for short haul route is it?

Typical of MH, they dont see the benefit of showcasing the new inflight entertainment system on the domestic flights - that this is the new full-of-frills MH. There are programmes which do not require headsets, which can be used to demonstrate to pax the new MH. The management prob does not think into details, just like the new website fiasco where the flaws are there buried in the details.

Typical of MH, they dont see the benefit of showcasing the new inflight entertainment system on the domestic flights - that this is the new full-of-frills MH. There are programmes which do not require headsets, which can be used to demonstrate to pax the new MH. The management prob does not think into details, just like the new website fiasco where the flaws are there buried in the details.

Short haul means all domestic route? BKI - KUL is 2.5 hours.

So lucky to me flew on the new B738NG (9M-MXB) MH55 yesterday for domestic route (BKI-KCH), I bought only for RM49 all inclusive. Very impressive me and the IFE system not bad too for 1.5 hours short haul. Speacial for muslim passengers, interactive Quran also available in IFE. Thanks MH. Will update later in TR.

15022011176_.jpg

15022011186_.jpg

Edited by Ikman Ikreza

Short haul means all domestic route? BKI - KUL is 2.5 hours.

I've been on the BKI-KUL route and the IFE was switched off! The crew went into the usual mantra (no headsets, domestic flight yadda yadda) and after a good 15 minute "discussion", the crew finally relented and switched it on! Dont the management realise that a domestic pax that feels good about MH's services & frills will consider flying MH internationally? It doesnt cost MH anything in extra cashflow by showing silent programmes (like those Just for Laughs gags) on short sectors, even if it is a KUL-LGK hop. It is about showcasing what MH is all about, even if one only gets a flavour of it on a short hop to PEN.

Not sure if the games are now available on the IFE as they werent the last time I flew on the MX- birds.

Edited by Mushrif A

I've been on the BKI-KUL route and the IFE was switched off!

I've flown on the new MAS 738 equipped with AVOD PTV from BKI-KUL twice to date and they did turn on the IFE on both flights. Guess i was just lucky :)

I've flown on the new MAS 738 equipped with AVOD PTV from BKI-KUL twice to date and they did turn on the IFE on both flights. Guess i was just lucky :)

So, what is the seat pitch like on these new planes? Better than the old 734?

So, what is the seat pitch like on these new planes? Better than the old 734?

Not good in Y and not much better in C. I wouldnt fly on this aircraft on those overnight flights to ICN or HND. Anything more than 3hrs will not be comfortable. I suspect the new GA 738s may be more spacious.