MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
Ja Singh

MAS New Boeing 737-800s with Sky Interior

Hope MH will serve proper filtered Arabica coffee onboard and not using the coffee maker to heat water for instant coffee.

Many at MH claimed Malaysians prefer Nescafe instead of filtered coffee which is proven otherwise at a fast food chain. By changing to 100% Arabica coffee, the fast food chain breakfast sales multiplied 3 times! :good:

:drinks:

I wasn't allowed to shoot from there by the security guard. Here's my contribution.

Sorry to hear that - my shot was an opportunistic one. But it is not good because of all the people and equipment in the foreground... :(

Sorry to hear that - my shot was an opportunistic one. But it is not good because of all the people and equipment in the foreground... :(

The security guard was nice though. He was explaining to me why he can't allow me to shoot while I explained to him what the hype was all about. He even said if I had a media pass he'll let me through. MalaysianWings should apply for media pass :D

Questions folks

Which panasonic version ex or efx(superior then ex and used by SQ as I read it but could be wrong)

Seat pitch 3o inches not inviting and have to sit sideways

Edited by jadivindra

Malaysia Airlines marks a world first with new skyline interior

The new livery on the MAS B737-800 that just arrived.

KUALA LUMPUR, Nov 1 — Malaysia Airlines will become the first full-service airline to operate the B737-800 with the new Boeing skyline interior, the airline said today.

mas-nov1.jpg

The B737, which landed at Subang airport from Seattle in the United States today, also sports the new livery which projects a new and more dynamic image for the airline.

The skyline interior is similar in concept to the one that will be installed in the B787 Dreamliner.

It features dramatically higher ceilings and eight-palette mood lighting aimed at enhancing passenger comfort.

skyline-nov1.jpg

The sculpted sidewalls are also more concave, giving the feeling of a wide-body cabin in the narrow-body plane.

The new upswept design of the livery also marks the start of a new image for the national carrier.

“We wanted a new livery as it marks a change,” said Malaysia Airlines CEO Tengku Azmil. “We wanted to visually represent the airline going from traditional to dynamic with the more flowing lines.”

The new Boeing Skyline interior.

He said the airline was not allowed to disclose the price the airline paid for the plane but said that the list price is about US$70 million (RM217 million).

Malaysia Airlines has ordered up to 55 B737-800s, all of which will have the skyline interior.

The aircraft, which has a six-hour flight range, has 9-10.6-inch LCD screens for inflight entertainment in every seat as well as laptop and USB chargers.

It can fly at 41,000 feet as opposed to the older model which could only fly at 37,000 feet, which means less turbulence.

The more powerful engines and better aerodynamics allow the plane to travel at .78 Mach (speed of sound) as opposed .74 Mach previously.

The plane’s inaugural flight will be on November 15 when it flies from Kuala Lumpur to Kota Kinabalu and Haneda Airport in Tokyo.

Questions folks

Which panasonic version ex or efx(superior then ex and used by SQ as I read it but could be wrong)

SIA apparently has the Panasonic eX2 system installed on all of their 388, 77W, 744 and some of their 773/772 and not eFX as i previously posted.

Seat pitch is measured from the middle of the seat in front to the middle of the seat in the back, right?

So if the seat is say, 2 inches narrower than the old seats, wouldn't the 30 inches be equal to 32 inches?

No. They measure it from the floor.

Anyway, QF for example, has been using such slimline seats since the early millennium. Their seats however, still have 31" of seat pitch while the legroom will be comparable to those seats with 32.5" - 33" of seat pitch.

I remember that SQ or someone narrowed down the seat pitch without actually narrowing it, courtesy of the new version narrower seats.

But still, less than 32 inches for long haul... :finger:

It wasn't SQ. It was BA actually on their Euro fleets. LX did the same too.

Will be interested to see how the new so called "green" meal box will look and taste like....

Could it be the one they already use now on all flights departing ex-KUL ?

Edited by Isaac

Rumoured that MXA arriving SZB today around 1320 (Malaysian Time) :yahoo:

Saw the aircraft flying over Shah Alam Stadium heading towards Subang at around 1.15pm this noon.

Finally its here... when will it commence commercial operation?

15/11. KUL-BKI as MH5432 @0855 hrs and apparently on to HND. If you're thinking of catching the flight to BKI, it's fully booked :pardon:

Great feature the IFE and USB charger... but deeply disappointed with seat colour, both J and Y.. like some garish plasticky barber's chair.

No. They measure it from the floor.

Anyway, QF for example, has been using such slimline seats since the early millennium. Their seats however, still have 31" of seat pitch while the legroom will be comparable to those seats with 32.5" - 33" of seat pitch.

Ok, measuring on the floor leads to the same result - it is still not the distance from the back of the seat in front to the front of the seat in the back, thus slimline seats tend to have more legroom than the measurements suggest.

So, using QF example means that if the MH seats are slimline, 30" would be comparable to 31.5" - 32".

Doesnt look like comfortable seats for long flights. Like no neck support also.

I think what we have seen so far is still unfinished. Definitely head rests will be put soon for both J and Y seats, pillows for the J seats etc. Even the IFE program (?) was not installed yet as per Hon Kit's testimony. I think the complete finished product can be seen tomorrow during the official launching ceremony with Hillary Clinton.

Im not sure they would have pillow and all but who knows.

I was told that they actually flew together with about 40+ passenger throughout the flight. And i dont see any pillow or any other things available other than the hot meal they serve.

At the seat pocket, there are no in flight magazine. Only safety card and vomit bag.

Hope they will fly me on the inagural flight !! ahh!!