MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
Ja Singh

MAS New Boeing 737-800s with Sky Interior

My friend, who is working with MAS posted on Facebook that 'MH is gradually changing the cabin layout and all (!) aircraft will have personal IFE on each seat, even 737'. It's time for a major overhaul for MH I guess.

IFE on domestic 737s? Probably your friend's exaggerating.

My friend, who is working with MAS posted on Facebook that 'MH is gradually changing the cabin layout and all (!) aircraft will have personal IFE on each seat, even 737'. It's time for a major overhaul for MH I guess.

Frankly, I doubt your friend pays attention to the details. What he's saying is partially true....partially.

I wonder who fly that test flight?? is MH pilot or Boeing pilot... from the recorded conversation, sound like malaysian to me...

I wonder who fly that test flight?? is MH pilot or Boeing pilot... from the recorded conversation, sound like malaysian to me...

I may be wrong - but I think that the initial flying is done by Boeing test pilots who have to check that all systems are working in accordance to specs. Once they are happy, the MH pilot will have to test fly the plane in order that MH can sign the acceptance of the plane.

I think that there is a strict procedure for this and all of this is in the contract between Boeing and the customer.

How very exciting! I hope there'll be pics of the interior soon.

http://twitter.com/#!/tengkuazmil/status/29135723306

R 1st new B737-800 from Boeing has taken off from Seattle on its way 2 KUL. It has bn designated 9M-MXA. We R planning a big welcome 4 it.

The journey (of the new plane and new planes coming to MAS) has gone underway.

All the best. Trust this is the beginning of better things to come.

May I know why my reply in the original post #330 in this thread was deleted? I don't think it violates any of the forum's rules. Are all news from the MH Rumour Department banned from the forum now?

Anyway, here is the latest leakage from the MH Rumour Department with regards to 9M-MXA:

- Plane arriving Malaysia on Nov 1

- MH confirms launch of "new livery" (sadly) in press advisory

- MH unveiling plane on Nov 2; Hilary Clinton will be attending (function at Subang Skypark about 10.30 am) some pics will be out by that afternoon, including interiors

- Inaugural KUL-BKI flight on Nov 15 departs KUL at 08.55 arrive BKI at 11.30. Follows by launch of BKI as MH's new "Eastern Hub"

- Flight departs BKI at 17.55 arrive KUL 20.05 (not sure the return BKI-KUL flight is on the new plane but the outbound should be)

And here is the deleted post #330.

The MH Rumour Department has leaked the configuration of 9M-MXA. It will be 166 seats, which comprise of 16 Business Class Seats and 150 Economy Class seats.

This seating configuration is in line with post #10 in this thread.

B737-8H6, expect 2 deliveries this year, October and December. Rego will be MXx series, total 20 with PTV on all seats for longer-range flights. Config 16/150. After that there will be 15 MSx series for shorter flights, those that will finally replaced the B734. But don't expect the B734 to disappear soon, the last one will probably leave sometimes in 2020.

BTW, there could be some visual surprise with the introduction of the -8H6. Wait and see.

As a comparison, here is the configuration of rival airlines' B738:

Garuda Indonesia = 156 seats (12J + 144Y)

Qantas Australia = 168 seats (12J + 156Y)

The MH Rumour Department also leaked that MH will impose extra charges to passengers who choose seats with extra legrooms in this type of aircraft, ala AK's Hot Seats.

Then, Walter Sim replied to this post (the original post #331 which was also deleted).

Why is the deletion? I don't get it. Government's order? In MalaysianWings? National security issue?

Some info on MXA:

160 plush leather seats: 16 seats in Business class, 144 seats in Economy class. Seats equipped with PED AC power supply for lap-tops and electronic equipment.

Boeing Sky Interior: Welcoming entry creates a distinctive and positive experience, New cabin architecture provides an even more open look and feel, LED lighting enhances the sense of spaciousness in the cabin and a pleasant travel experience to our customers, Quieter cabin, Bigger hand baggage compartments

Inflight entertainment: Each seat is retrofitted with personal LCD widescreen video monitor. Equipped with the latest Audio Video On Demand system by Panasonic XSeries enables passengers to control, view and listen to the inflight entertainment at their own leisure.

Future applications are video games, personal USB media player, e-books and GSM connectivity.

So the seats have USB ports?

Thanks for the info BTW. Hope you don't mind if I share.

Edited by jani

The MH Rumour Department has leaked the configuration of 9M-MXA. It will be 166 seats, which comprise of 16 Business Class Seats and 150 Economy Class seats.

As a comparison, here is the configuration of rival airlines' B738:

Garuda Indonesia = 156 seats (12J + 144Y)

Qantas Australia = 168 seats (12J + 156Y)

It seems MH 738 EY seat pitch is tight, worst than QF :(

Inflight entertainment: Each seat is retrofitted with personal LCD widescreen video monitor

Is that a misquote ?

The bird is brand spanking new build and already need to retrofit ?

Or was that a hint that the PTV's are now being installed as an after thought ?

Can somebody shed some light on the significance of having the US secretary of state at the unveiling/ launch ceremony?

OK, I know it is a US product, but it's not like MH is the first operator of that model or MH ordered 3000 units of that model.

May I know why my reply in the original post #330 in this thread was deleted? I don't think it violates any of the forum's rules. Are all news from the MH Rumour Department banned from the forum now?

Anyway, here is the latest leakage from the MH Rumour Department with regards to 9M-MXA:

Dont think the return leg is on -MXA, as the HND flight is supposed to leave at 4pm.

Is MXA heading to SZB instead of KUL first?

To my knowledge that is how it will be.

OK..what has a US Secretary of State has to do with the inaugral launch of the new 9M-MXA plane ?......I think some

Is the new MXA still with the ugly revised livery ?.....

Can somebody shed some light on the significance of having the US secretary of state at the unveiling/ launch ceremony?

OK, I know it is a US product, but it's not like MH is the first operator of that model or MH ordered 3000 units of that model.

Well she is here and the aerospace industry co-operation is a good political angle for the media. Although the MH B738 order is not that significant, MH are still the first Asia-Pacific operator of the type with the new Sky Interior.

To my knowledge that is how it will be.

Thanks Captain! Any idea of the ETA in SZB? Hope to be one of the first to catch MXA on Malaysian soil :D