MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
Ja Singh

MAS New Boeing 737-800s with Sky Interior

Actually, the last livery (and the uniform as well) was designed by UiTM so there is precedence.

Suhaimi, which last livery u refering too ? The latest one on MXA or somethign else ?

You know, there could be one theory.. The livery is not yet finished.

Me, and a lot of other people, are hoping for that.

Guess what? I have a sneak preview of the interior of the plane...it was in an ad in Borneo Post...

It feature the Kota Kinabalu-Haneda service...

Here are the pictures of the seat so we would know what to expect from MH in their new 738.

18-10-2010035131pm.jpg

The Business Class is fine by me, and looks even better than Garuda's, but the same can't be said about the Economy, which unfortunately is where our butts will be gracing most of the time. It looks flat and stiff at most then again, we have to try it out to know for sure...so here is from me...

Edited by Kenneth Chong WT

From my opinion, the colour look so simple and nothing much interesting. It better combined this MH colour on their livery, something like white, yellow,orange n red and blue. As per from this Pics:

bg_splash_01.jpg

Source: MH website

Yup, i like this airbrush color and design..nice combination

Guess what? I have a sneak preview of the interior of the plane...it was in an ad in Borneo Post...

Here are the pictures of the seat so we would know what to expect from MH in their new 738.

18-10-2010035131pm.jpg

The Business Class is fine by me, and looks even better than Garuda's, but the same can't be said about the Economy, which unfortunately is where our butts will be gracing most of the time. It looks flat and stiff at most then again, we have to try it out to know for sure...so here is from me...

I LOVE IT, LEATHER SEAT!! i looks similar with virginamerica economy

200708_1057316637_d77315bd60_b.jpg

Edited by fenandri

18-10-2010035131pm.jpg

I don't see any PTVs on the back of the seats (middle picture) :blink:

Kenneth, most of the current seats are slim just like in the picture (lighter bla bla...). That's why I still prefer MH outdated and archaic seats, although a lot of people hate them.

I'm assuming there'll be PTVs if they're advertising IFE on the B738.

Or could the IFE be in a form of drop down LCD screens?

By the way, here is the new livery on Dreamliner.

00013617.jpg

Looks OK on the B787.

Edited by Mohd Azizul Ramli

Or could the IFE be in a form of drop down LCD screens?

By the way, here is the new livery on Dreamliner.

00013617.jpg

Looks OK on the B787.

We'll know soon enough. Haven't we been told already that 35 out of the 55 B738s will have PTVs?

The new livery doesn't look too bad on the B787...

I still can't find myself going go gaga over it... :pardon:

Edited by Yusoff

The world is so excited over MH's new livery that a spin-off thread was created in A.Net. http://www.airliners.net/aviation-forums/general_aviation/read.main/4958053/

... and the bashing on how terrible MH's new livery is continues in this thread.

Here is the link to the original MH's new livery thread in A.Net started by 9MMAR. http://www.airliners.net/aviation-forums/general_aviation/read.main/4954099/

We'll know soon enough. Haven't we been told already that 35 out of the 55 B738s will have PTVs?

The new livery doesn't look too bad on the B787...

We were previously being told that 20 out of 35 B738s will be equipped with PTV at all seats - all 9M-MX* series aircrafts.

Probably the interior picture's was for one of the 15 planes destined for domestic service?

If that's the case, this first aircraft should have been registered as 9M-MSA instead of 9M-MXA. We were previously being told that the 15 B738s without PTV will be from the 9M-MS* series.

I hope MH won't get another round of worldwide bashing when the exact interior details of this aircraft is being revealed soon.

Edited by Mohd Azizul Ramli

I think it is a slight improvement, but it looks less "5 star" and more "budget/value airline".

How it would look like on an A380? Trying to make that ugly aicraft look nice is futile...

Oh wow... Is this one of the cases where u'll appreciate something that is/will be no longer with us? I can't really make up my mind with this new livery yet, but I already feel bored with it. Those blue and red thing is just so random. Why is it there? What does it mean? It starts in the middle, and ends just like that with no continuation. And the livery does look LCC and charter-ish. I'm not really the biggest fan of the old livery, but I believe it is one of the best liveries on 744, but I don't think the same can be said on this new look. Sigh...

For all we know, the pics in the ad could've been from its mock up and not the real plane itself.

Edited by SherM

For all we know, the pics in the ad could've been from its mock up and not the real plane itself.

Even if the pics are of a mock up, the least to be expected would be that the mock up is representative of the real product

Not likely MH will want to run risk of a misleading/false advertisement ? :pardon:

Having IFE or PTV is one thing.....whether its AVOD is another thing....having it avaliable to be used for all routes is the BIG QUESTION.....? I will be interested to see if they will offer it on the routes that has PTV or IFE...

Having IFE or PTV is one thing.....whether its AVOD is another thing....having it avaliable to be used for all routes is the BIG QUESTION.....? I will be interested to see if they will offer it on the routes that has PTV or IFE...

If there's PTV, surely it would be on-demand, especially when they're going to be using these planes for international flights!