MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
Ja Singh

MAS New Boeing 737-800s with Sky Interior

hmmm... I don't know how attractive this will look on 744/777 and definately the A380...

Would have liked to see the Red and Blue wave's interchanged, with the rear wave continuing and covering the tail (in blue) and the wau in a monotone red instead of the double tone red/blue... there's too much white. I like the malaysiaairlines though.

hmmm... I don't know how attractive this will look on 744/777 and definately the A380...

Would have liked to see the Red and Blue wave's interchanged, with the rear wave continuing and covering the tail (in blue) and the wau in a monotone red instead of the double tone red/blue... there's too much white. I like the malaysiaairlines though.

Would have liked to see the Red and Blue wave's interchanged, with the rear wave continuing and covering the tail (in blue) and the wau in a monotone red instead of the double tone red/blue...  there's too much white.  I like the malaysiaairlines though.

Better yet, make the wau in gold. We're talking about MAS after all.

As for the new livery can't say I like it or hate it, but I do think it could use a bit of yellow.

After watching that video a few times, I think I like the livery. It could be better, of course, but it's really hip and simple.

Surprised that most of us here like or OK about the livery. Everyone at A.Net hates it.

Personally, I found it looks kinda leaning towards 'el cheapo' looks category.

but just like what Liam said, I'd rather say it after seeing it in the flesh... :unknw:

[media]

Johan, SriLankan? :blink:

:D :D :D

The plane looks like it was bleached, highly bleached...and suddenly a highly contrasting color is pasted on it...I was thinking maybe they should make the wau a bit wavy and bigger with shadowy tones on it...or adapt MAS watercolour scheme adverts/promos to the livery...

Nice!

Not the change that I had feverishly hoped for ... looks like a quick-fix update done in-house.

wau bulan logo is not given an update.

KC Sim

FYI, MH logo is not Wau Bulan it is Wau Kucing. Most do get mistaken for Wau Bulan.

Looks great 9M-MXA ... 'stingray' livery? :D

http://farm5.static.flickr.com/4150/5084627967_3b1519b3bf_o.jpg

Remember I told you something new happen. This is it. If I'm not wrong this will be flying in November 1st in Subang with some grand official celebration. New this 2 month ago but cannot leak the news about this as strict instruction from my source. There should be a B777-200 in this color too.

Edited by Raymond Lim

I have seen more colours on a SKS-KL bus compared to this

Have you seen EK, AF, QF or LH livery? All of them are white fuselage with either a billboard title (EK) or just plain white with beautiful tails.

Have you seen EK, AF, QF or LH livery? All of them are white fuselage with either a billboard title (EK) or just plain white with beautiful tails.

Unfortunately, MH is no EK, AF, QF or LH. All three c/s with the sole exception of AF does not make them look like a LCC. This one screams out just that. To be honest I was expecting more from MH, seeing they have came out with the heliconia/hibuscus combo in the past but then they came out with this. Fresh, yeah but it is too bland and boring. I doubt that it will have much impact on the general public with this c/s.

Even AK have more colours on their a/c compared to this and i never liked AF c/s anyway.

Just my 2sen :D

Unfortunately, MH is no EK, AF, QF or LH. All three c/s with the sole exception of AF does not make them look like a LCC. This one screams out just that. To be honest I was expecting more from MH, seeing they have came out with the heliconia/hibuscus combo in the past but then they came out with this. Fresh, yeah but it is too bland and boring. I doubt that it will have much impact on the general public with this c/s.

Even AK have more colours on their a/c compared to this and i never liked AF c/s anyway.

Just my 2sen :D

More colours = increase in weight = more fuel burn of = absorb more heat = higher operating cost.Beauty not necessary cost efficient.

More colours = increase in weight = more fuel burn of = absorb more heat = higher operating cost.Beauty not necessary cost efficient.

I suppose a little bit more of colour a-la GA and new OA does not hurt?

MH has taken delivery of its latest Boeing 737-8FZ(WL), 9M-MLH on 15 October 2010. Should be on its delivery flight by now.

IMHO definitely an improvement with the current 737 colourscheme...

Don't know if it would look nice on the 744, though...

Agree with KC: they should have 'done' something to the wau...

Hahaha. Everyone is either likes it or hates it. MH have proven once again their ability to divide people's opinion,just like their Mardi Gras seats.

I think it is okay....just okay...

That was basically my first impression.

Was hoping to go "Wow" but I am kind of ermmm...

I think it would have been much nicer if the blue & red bands were thicker.

From the video, the plane doesn't stand out as much as the previous livery. Also, why did they have to change "malaysia" to malaysiaairlines ?

the new 2 tone title seems pretty cheap imho.

If that is the case, I suggest an all primer livery! That way we can save colours, less weight, less fuel burn, less heat absorption and lower operating cost. Come on, cost isn't the issue here. If it was, it would only have one single malaysia wording there to differentiate MH and the rest.