MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
Ja Singh

MAS New Boeing 737-800s with Sky Interior

Thank you MAR for the SQ SIN-HND schedule :)

I suppose now the mystery deepens as to why MH has decided to allocate the HND slots (supposedly better potential for higher yield pax) to BKI (mostly low yield leisure destination) ?

Never mind, if at the end of the day they are still able to sustain the BKI-Japan services, it will be good !

Was thinking of switching my SIN-NRT flight to SIN-HND flight to coincide with the 1st flight to HND on 31 October 2010. However, the flight is nearly booked up, have to pay a lot more just to change the sector.

Seems like HND will do well as it is much closer to Tokyo than NRT.

Besides the proximity to Tokyo city, what other advantages are there for anyone to fly into Haneda instead of Narita?

HND offers far better domestic connection in comparison to NRT. NRT has only a handful of limited domestic connection.

I'd like to know who came up with that decision to use the HND slots with BKI and not KUL! :angry: I would jump at the opportunity to fly into HND on an international flight, that's for sure!

I'd like to know who came up with that decision to use the HND slots with BKI and not KUL! :angry: I would jump at the opportunity to fly into HND on an international flight, that's for sure!

Well it may be out of MH's hands as the govt. has its own "logic" for allocating routes. Perhaps they felt that with D7 serving KUL-HND, MH should be serving the East Malaysia travelling public with the BKI-HND flights.

HND offers far better domestic connection in comparison to NRT. NRT has only a handful of limited domestic connection.

Not to mention cheaper and faster transports rates.

Bus/train from NRT will set you from 3000 yen to 8000 yen, more expensive as you get on a taxi.

You can connect from haneda to the middle of tokyo with the subway system, the best in the world.

cant wait to plan my trip there!

Hello all,

9M-MLF delivered to MAS on Jul-19 at Boeing Field. It is due to leave today for Malaysia.

There seems to be unfavourable weather between BFI and Hawaii which is further delaying the ferry flight. There is also an China Eastern 737, Air China 737 and Hainan 737 all waiting to leave for Hawaii so the weather must be pretty crappy.

9M-MLF is on its way to Hawaii as I write, flying as MAS5403. For some strange reason it's not showing on flightaware.com whereas other MAS flights so (the old 94/95 flight for example).

I believe 9M-MLF did RNT to BFI and will go to HNL and probably will stop somewhere before arriving in KUL.

RobK must know more than I do.

I believe 9M-MLF did RNT to BFI and will go to HNL and probably will stop somewhere before arriving in KUL.

RobK must know more than I do.

Hi. I heard it on HF off the west coast and he gave an ETA for Honolulu so he's stopped there. From there they usually go to Majuro and then to either Guam or Saipan. It will probably do KUL non-stop from Guam/Saipan.

I've got a contact at Guam ATC so I'll see if I can get an ETA for KUL when it files the flight plan. Depends whether he's working that day or not, so I'm not promising anything :good:

Edited by RobK

RobK,

Thanks for the latest updates on the 9M-MLF delivery flight;Please,do keep us updated!

Edited by Tamizi Hj Tamby

9M-MLF is making good progress and I have just found out it is at Pohnpei airfield as I write. A rather odd choice for a stop-over! :huh: I've been tracking 737 deliveries since 2004 and I've never known one land there :mellow: .

It has a flight plan filed to depart at 0200z on 23rd for Guam, which is only a short hop away. :)

Rob, although not a regular port of call, Pohnpei is logical.

Via Saipan would mean a fairly notherly route (hence is why chinese deliveries use it)

Via Majuro would probably mean a third stop as 4200nm to KUL is a stretch, even for an empty ferry

Via Pohnpei see's three reasonable legs, 2300nm to HNL, 2700nm to PNI and 3400nm home

Rob, although not a regular port of call, Pohnpei is logical.

Via Saipan would mean a fairly notherly route (hence is why chinese deliveries use it)

Via Majuro would probably mean a third stop as 4200nm to KUL is a stretch, even for an empty ferry

Via Pohnpei see's three reasonable legs, 2300nm to HNL, 2700nm to PNI and 3400nm home

It's flight planned to GUAM from Pohnpei, not Malaysia. That's why it doesn't make sense. The usual routing across the Pacific for 737s is 3 stops: Hawaii (HNL usually), Marshall Is. (Majuro), Mariana Is. (Guam or Saipan). If the winds are favourable sometimes they miss out Majuro and for the Lion Air's, they go straight to Biak from Majuro, but everything else is a 3 stop so that's why it going to Pohnpei and then Guam, instead of Majuro and then Guam makes it a very oddball routing.

Singapore gets 2 Daily roundtrip access to HND, while Malaysia gets 1 Daily.

:angry: It's so unfair. Oh well, SQ has more bargaining power. Both ANA and JAL want to fly into Singapore, so that's why the Japanese government has to offer more slots to SQ.

:angry: It's so unfair. Oh well, SQ has more bargaining power. Both ANA and JAL want to fly into Singapore, so that's why the Japanese government has to offer more slots to SQ.

Well, that's life. You have to make the best of what you've got.

It's flight planned to GUAM from Pohnpei, not Malaysia. That's why it doesn't make sense. The usual routing across the Pacific for 737s is 3 stops: Hawaii (HNL usually), Marshall Is. (Majuro), Mariana Is. (Guam or Saipan). If the winds are favourable sometimes they miss out Majuro and for the Lion Air's, they go straight to Biak from Majuro, but everything else is a 3 stop so that's why it going to Pohnpei and then Guam, instead of Majuro and then Guam makes it a very oddball routing.

HNL Rarebirds will put on 9M-MLF picture later. Are you one of the authors of this blog, Rob?

HNL Rarebirds will put on 9M-MLF picture later. Are you one of the authors of this blog, Rob?

http://hnlrarebirds.blogspot.com/2010/07/malaysias-9m-mlf.html

And here it is. Pity its not an apron-side photo.

Happy that the Jellyfish is full sized this time.

Also weird that MLF has been to HNL when MH doesnt fly there lol

Hi, no I have nothing to do with that website nor any other website. :)