MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
Ja Singh

MAS New Boeing 737-800s with Sky Interior

Will Mh ever exercise their options for larger 737-900ER? It is such a sexy aircraft. Will be interesting to see KUL becomes a 737 heaven.

For flights shorter than 1 hour no need PTV. You dont feel the time past by. For flights more than 1 hour, then it's wise to have PTV. Or else what you gonna do for 2 hours? Cant even sleep with the jet engine so loud outside.

9M-MLF is now painted (standard scheme) and on the flightline at BFI. Unable to get any pics of it because of where it is but will have some when it does its acceptance flight next week. :good:

9M-MLF is now painted (standard scheme) and on the flightline at BFI. Unable to get any pics of it because of where it is but will have some when it does its acceptance flight next week. :good:

Thanks my friend. Am looking forward to it!

For anyone interested, the 9M-MX_ series will feature the new Boeing Sky Interior. Malaysian will take the second aircraft fitted with the new interior (9M-MXA), the first aircraft will be going to FlyDubai as A6-FDJ.

:good:

Airlineroute.net

Malaysia Airlines has applied for approval to launch 3 weekly Kota Kinabalu – Tokyo Haneda service with Boeing 737-800, effective 15NOV10.

Once receiving regulatory approval, Malaysia Airlines will adjust Tokyo operation. All Kuala Lumpur – Tokyo traffic departs/arrives in Narita, and Kota Kinabalu – Tokyo traffic operates from/to Haneda.

Edited by Alif A. F.

Airlineroute.net

Malaysia Airlines has applied for approval to launch 3 weekly Kota Kinabalu – Tokyo Haneda service with Boeing 737-800, effective 15NOV10.

Once receiving regulatory approval, Malaysia Airlines will adjust Tokyo operation. All Kuala Lumpur – Tokyo traffic departs/arrives in Narita, and Kota Kinabalu – Tokyo traffic operates from/to Haneda.

MH to use HND for BKI :o HND is the premium airport for business travelers and Japanese arrivals to BKI are mostly tourists.

Another mismatch of resources :(

MH to use HND for BKI :o HND is the premium airport for business travelers and Japanese arrivals to BKI are mostly tourists.

Japanese arrivals into Sabah are not merely tourists, some are working with Sabah government through various agencies and often their Malaysian partners are invited to join meetings/seminars in Japan...

I know there are quite a number of Japanese who move here with their family...

But, maybe as you said, a mismatch of resources...

Hmm,BKI-HND using B738;How about ICN? Since BKI is a gateway for East Asians (Koreans and Japanese).

B737-8H6, expect 2 deliveries this year, October and December. Rego will be MXx series, total 20 with PTV on all seats for longer-range flights. Config 16/150.

Bloody hell !

16/150 config sounds rather tight, no?

Garuda right now is 12/144 (156 seats). MH will essentially squeeze in two more rows, one row in C and one row in Y?

Delta in the US is 16/144, one row less than what MH will apply.

I hope this is not true! :(

Agree with you that it is extremely tight ! Seat pitch for DL 738 :

Delta Airlines B737-800 C16/Y144

Business Elite/Domestic First Class - 38"

Economy - 31"

Now MAS want to fit in 166 seats into the 738 ? :nea:

Depends on what you want to believe though. Even if we all know Capt Radzi might have the best inside information and what not, refer to my post not too long ago regarding an article in Business Traveller:

"It (MH) looks forward this year to taking delivery of three new Boeing B737-300, featuring 16 Business class and 144 Economy class seats with wider seat pitch and an IFE that supports e-shopping, 3D games and USB media player among others."

http://www.malaysianwings.net/forum/index.php?showtopic=14457&view=findpost&p=258275

So in this case, hopefully Capt Radzi is wrong :D

Strange arrangement, but didnt MH also planned for KUL-HND?

MH decided to do BKI HND instead

Hmm,BKI-HND using B738;How about ICN? Since BKI is a gateway for East Asians (Koreans and Japanese).

BKI-ICN is being assigned with 737-800 as well.

Also, several planned changes for winter 2010 changes is noted in the link below. It is now appearing in the timetable listing in the reservation system, but the availability/inventory display isn't for now, but should be updated in the coming weeks

http://airlineroute.net/2010/07/15/mh-w10chg/

wow, you guys really know your stuff. More than MAS staff I dare say, would put them to shame :) btw I'm new, hello everyone. And before I get flak, I have already requested my username changed to reflect my name :)

Mismatch may be a bit of an understatement :)

Proposed departure from HND is 0120 - see here

Wonder if there are enough business travelers (presumably mostly employees) diligent enough to travel at those sort of hours (when alternatives are available) to make a success of the arrangement :)

Also, will be interesting to see in time to come whether BKI-Japan service is sustainable as a stand alone route, as opposed to being an 'inconvenience' to the KUL-Japan services

http://www.twitlonger.com/show/2hk7c1

On Thursday 15th July 2010, @tengkuazmil said:

Still finalising plans. We only have 3x a week given to us. 7x would be better. RT @memeranglaut: @tengkuazmil i saw news about BKI-HND online with the 738s. this is true? and will it effect load with not many business travellers?

From the mouth of the boss himself.

With so few slots available, they should be using an A333 (or even a B744) for the service.

It should do the KUL-BKI-HND-BKI-KUL

MLE was ferried to KUL at 3 pm today, expect operations 19th July.

Airlineroute.net

Malaysia Airlines 737-800 Domestic Operation overview

As per 16JUL10 GDS timetable display, Malaysia Airlines has started Boeing 737-800 Domestic operation. Currently planned routes and flights are:

Kuala Lumpur – Kuching MH2504/2507 effective till 25OCT10

15JUL10 – 25OCT10 Day 3

Kuala Lumpur – Penang

MH1138/1143 20JUL10 – 25OCT10 Day 127

MH1152/1155 17JUL10 - Day 136

MH1154/1157 16JUL10 – 29OCT10 Day 5

MH1162/1165 05NOV10 - Day 5

Kuala Lumpur – Kota Kinabalu MH2642/2643 eff 16NOV10

16NOV10 – 13JAN11 Day 246

14JAN11 - Day 135

Kota Kinabalu – Kuching NEW 6 weekly 737-800 service from 15JAN11 (Frequency increase from 14 to 20 weekly on this route)

MH2807 BKI1600 – 1730KCH 738 x1

MH2806 KCH1810 – 1930BKI 738 x1

Above mentioned routes, particular flights, date period and operational days are subject to change