MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
Ja Singh

MAS New Boeing 737-800s with Sky Interior

Finally, MH realised offering higher frequency with smaller aircraft will be much a better offering for pax than buying the humongous monsters.

Hey, premium passengers prefer the "humongous monsters" you know. Business class in A380 vs business class in 737-800... :nea:

But KUL doesn't have high demand of premium traffic (although their business class always full when I tried to upgrade). If they can do their Business nicely or offer premium Eco, it will much better for pax. MH CEO mentioned about going to the small cities in North Asia using 737, which I believe more to do with tourism and VFR.

Edited by Johan Z

But KUL doesn't have high demand of premium traffic (although their business class always full when I tried to upgrade). If they can do their Business nicely or offer premium Eco, it will much better for pax. MH CEO mentioned about going to the small cities in North Asia using 737, which I believe more to do with tourism and VFR.

Most of the premium traffic is between Australia and Europe.

This is good news - a brand new leased plane!

Will it be fitted with the MAS cabin?

Will this particular equipement be with the new Skyinterior ? Will it have the much awaited and extra long overdue of "MH new improved products" ? Wouldn't it be great to have such?

i don't think the SKyinterior will be fitted - maybe.

Because this is a leased product, not the company's.

But we will see.

THe days of 734s is coming to an end, and the 738s going to fill the MTB :)

i don't think the SKyinterior will be fitted - maybe.

Because this is a leased product, not the company's.

But we will see.

THe days of 734s is coming to an end, and the 738s going to fill the MTB :)

http://www.twitlonger.com/show/1vr5tc

here's a reply from tengku azmil about my question.

I am going to milk the access i have now before too many people 'friend' him :D

From the twitter.

On Saturday 19th June 2010, @tengkuazmil said:

New interior only on our own 738s. 787/350 we will look at only towards end of year. Not looking at 748s at this point.

So MH will look at 787 eventually..:) yeah hope they'll taken.. Even if it will be delivered in 2020. Just 4 years of 2016.

I believe 737 Sky Interior will be incorporated first by these seven airlines:

* FlyDubai - United Arab Emirates

* Continental Airlines - USA

* Norwegian Air Shuttle ASA - Norway

* Malaysia Airlines - Malaysia

* TUI Travel PLC - UK

* GOL Airlines - Brazil

* Lion Air - Indonesia

http://blog.flightstory.net/1177/photos-737-boeing-sky-interior-unveiled/

So, more likely the leased one will not feature this cabin design.

Business Traveller article that I got from another website featured this line (ignore the -300 thing) :

"It (MH) looks forward this year to taking delivery of three new Boeing B737-300, featuring 16 Business class and 144 Economy class seats with wider seat pitch and an IFE that supports e-shopping, 3D games and USB media player among others."

featuring 16 Business class and 144 Economy class seats with wider seat pitch and an IFE that supports e-shopping, 3D games and USB media player among others."

I'm liking the sound of this so far...

Wow, didn't expect the journalist can be that bad. Maybe they were mistaken for A330-300?

Well, it would be a dream if an A333 had only 16/144 seats :D

9M-MLF has been rolled out at Renton. This one is the ex-Delta order NTU, then offered to MH and taken.

Apparently Delta has had a few NTUs already, with the birds ended up with GA, HU, CZ, CA, flydubai etc.

There could be a surprise with this one, my guess is another special livery for MH.

Seen 9M-MLD in Bali yesterday. Looks like this aircraft is flying everywhere...

I can't wait to see what MH will offer in their business class on their own new 737-800s! :clapping:

I can't wait to see what MH will offer in their business class on their own new 737-800s! :clapping:

I supposed this one is leased, as it originally was for Delta.

The lessor then offered the aircraft to MH and they take it.

They should take the opportunity to try out their new seats and config. here, and not make this aircraft

simply a longer version of their 734s (which is very probable).

Qantas currently only has PTV's on the 3 Jetconnect (ZK reg'd) 73H's. Be nice to see MAS delpoy the 73H to Perth before the end of October!

9M-MLF has been rolled out at Renton. This one is the ex-Delta order NTU, then offered to MH and taken.

Apparently Delta has had a few NTUs already, with the birds ended up with GA, HU, CZ, CA, flydubai etc.

There could be a surprise with this one, my guess is another special livery for MH.

9M-MLF B737-8FZ (C/n:29657)took to the skies for the first time yesterday. It departed Renton at 0916 and arrived Boeing Field International at 1102(GMT -7)

9M-MLF isn't painted yet that's why there's no pics. Should have some this coming week.

It's due to deliver on 16 July so assuming there's no delays it will probably depart BFI on 17 July for Hawaii. :)

I know you may not have info regarding interior, but is it safe to guess that it'll be similar to Delta's?

By the way, thanks for the updates!

According to SeatGuru, DL has 16+144 seats on 737-800 with 38" and 32" pitch, which quite generous for Economy.