MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
Ja Singh

MAS New Boeing 737-800s with Sky Interior

Talking about the new 738...

Anybody has the seat layout for the MLA/B/C?

Going to Taipei next week with the 777, but coming back will be using the 738, so i am wondering how are the seats?

Got myself 19C - a good seat?

At least i get to try a new plane!

Talking about the new 738...

Anybody has the seat layout for the MLA/B/C?

Going to Taipei next week with the 777, but coming back will be using the 738, so i am wondering how are the seats?

Got myself 19C - a good seat?

At least i get to try a new plane!

The layout of 738 is same as 734. The only different is additional 3 rows. The last row is 30A/B/C/D/E/F instead of 27A/B/C/D/E/F

Hi all,

Does anyone know what the registrations are for the 2x new additions to the MAS fleet last week? They received 737-8FH msn 35105 on May 25, and 737-8GQ msn 35793 on May 20, but I can't find the Malaysian registrations for them anywhere.

Does anyone have any contacts at MAS to find them out for us?

Thanks! :)

Rob

Edited by RobK

Should be 9M-MLD and 9M-MLE respectively. These are the additional 2 leased B738s that MH has been telling about. There will be 2 brand new B738s (from the 35 order they made in 2008) which will be delivered by Boeing in October and December this year.

Thanks for the news about the arrival of these 2 aircrafts.

Should be 9M-MLD and 9M-MLE respectively. These are the additional 2 leased B738s that MH has been telling about. There will be 2 brand new B738s (from the 35 order they made in 2008) which will be delivered by Boeing in October and December this year.

Thanks for the news about the arrival of these 2 aircrafts.

I thought they may have been MLD and MLE as well, but these 2 registrations used to be on older 737s at one time. Does MAS re-use registrations then?

By the way, I may have been premature about their delivery to MAS already. They've certainly been registered in Malaysia, but I don't think the aircraft have arrived yet (from the US?). I'm not sure where they've been stored but I'm guessing somewhere in the US as they both had US registrations previously, but I've not seen any MAS flights on the trackers coming through the Pacific islands. :mellow:

Someone here must know their status? What about that M Radzi guy?

The first 3 leased B738s that are currently in MH's active fleet are registered as MLA, MLB and MLC. So I guess it is just natural that the next 2 frames are being registered as MLD and MLE.

I need to correct myself here. MH is expecting 3 leased B738s in the 3rd quarter of 2010, not 2 as I mentioned before.

MHB738.jpg

This rojak collection of 738's now joining MH's fleet very closely mimic the equally rojak collection of 734's leased in just prior to arrival of MH's own fleet of 734's

Could this be some SOP that is being played out again ? :)

For cabin crew, will 737-800 present a major change to them, in terms of galley and safety equipments? Will the same number of cabin crew be employed in each 737-800 flight?

What about that M Radzi guy?

That M Radzi guy probably don't know much about the new B738. All he know is:

MLD c/n 35793 will be flying in June

MLE c/n 35105 will be flying in July

MLF will be flying in August, new from Boeing.

B737-8H6, expect 2 deliveries this year, October and December. Rego will be MXx series, total 20 with PTV on all seats for longer-range flights. Config 16/150. After that there will be 15 MSx series for shorter flights, those that will finally replaced the B734. But don't expect the B734 to disappear soon, the last one will probably leave sometimes in 2020.

BTW, there could be some visual surprise with the introduction of the -8H6. Wait and see.

The new 738 will probably be spotting old seats, but I do hope that when the ones MH owns arrive, they have these seats in C.

Garuda out did themselves...the seats in their C is wonderful...scroll down a little to see the "old" and the "newer" C seats....

Garuda 738 C Seats

B737-8H6, expect 2 deliveries this year, October and December. Rego will be MXx series, total 20 with PTV on all seats for longer-range flights. Config 16/150. After that there will be 15 MSx series for shorter flights, those that will finally replaced the B734. But don't expect the B734 to disappear soon, the last one will probably leave sometimes in 2020.

BTW, there could be some visual surprise with the introduction of the -8H6. Wait and see.

great,,

are there any news about new uniform or livery?

Edited by fenandri

Hi, thanks a lot for the info! If you receive any heads-up for when MLD/E will be ferrying to Malaysia from where ever they are I would certainly appreciate it.

Just to add to your info on 9M-MLF, I can fill in some details there. MSN will be 29657 and it's one of the Delta Air Lines order that isn't being taken up and sold at delivery. Babcock & Brown Asset Management are buying it from them and are leasing it to MAS. I have access to the Boeing new build data and delivery schedules up to around 6 weeks in advance so as soon as I see some dates I'll post them here for you all. :)

New livery?? Fingers crossed.

Could be? Hmmmm..... I'm excited nonetheless. PTV on all seats!!!! :yahoo: :yahoo:

16/150 config sounds rather tight, no?

Garuda right now is 12/144 (156 seats). MH will essentially squeeze in two more rows, one row in C and one row in Y?

Delta in the US is 16/144, one row less than what MH will apply.

I hope this is not true! :(

16/150 config sounds rather tight, no?

Garuda right now is 12/144 (156 seats). MH will essentially squeeze in two more rows, one row in C and one row in Y?

Delta in the US is 16/144, one row less than what MH will apply.

I hope this is not true! :(

GA has lower config settings in 737-400 as well compared to MH (134 and 136 -v- 144 of MH). Maybe that's an optimum short range setting for MH. Although they may opt to operate low density config (and PTVs!) for longer range.

Just to add a bit of background to the two known "new" aircraft:

9M-MLE c/n 35105 is ex Hong Kong Express B-KBP. The aircraft is currently sitting in Chek Lap Kok all white wearing registration N126RB

9M-MLD c/n 35793 is ex Okay Airlines B-5366, currently stored as N793AW.

Cheers

Steve

Edited by Steve

It looks like MH will have 2 configurations for their B737-800s then. They'll need to have a good business class product on the 737-800s if they're using these planes on regional routes and trying to compete with SQ and CX at the same time (when they're using widebodies). It makes sense to have PTVs on international routes. There really is no need for them on domestic routes.

It makes sense to have PTVs on international routes. There really is no need for them on domestic routes.

But Garuda Indonesia's new B738s have PTVs on even the shortest domestic sector.

DSC_0186.jpg

Not only they have PTVs, they have Glee on it!

DSC_0176.jpg

This is on JOG-CGK sector, which is almost the same distance as KUL-LGK. Losing out to Garuda? Am shaking my head tsk tsk tsk...

*Photos by wawan_jundi of Indoflyer.Net in this trip report. http://www.indoflyer.net/forum/tm.asp?m=453275

Azizul, maybe MH just want to keep it real. Why bother to have a PTV for flight under 1 hour? Just look at the first ppicture, no one is really using the TV.

for flights under 1hr?

1457253.jpg